Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who doesn't follow the average interests of the Brony fandom?

CosmicHooves

I've a huge fan of both Pokemon, and anime considering that I've been enjoying them both since before I could even read. 

Some things a lot of bronies seem to like that I don't really care for

• Doctor Who 
  • Grimdark 

Na. I outgrew my Pokémon phase when I was 10. Though I do have a fair respect for anime I don't love it or avidly watch it. My main love is wrecking people on Battlefield 4 with my epic Vinyl Scratch emblem emblazoned on all my weapons and laughing at the hate mail of people in disbelief that a Brony just put their K/D to shame

Now don't get me started on the hate when I get a squad with my 4 other Brony friends lol

Same for me in Black Ops 2. I play hardcore mode, and I get team killed quite a few times, on purpose, for being a brony.Then I get hate mail because I was better than them. I shrug it off. 99% of the time I'm rocking a Fluttershy Emblem, and MLP clan tag.

Ever weapon I regularly use, is diamond or gold now, so I've got my emblem on everything. I'd like to get my Riot shield to max level, so I can put my emblem on it...but I never use it really.

Couple other things that I seem to notice, a lot of bronies have interest in is Doctor Who. I'm a pretty big fan of it as well. It's  the only other show I regularly watch, other than MLP that has a story to it.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I suppose there are a good bit of anime or Pokemon fans, but to be fair there are lots of different animes, and lots of anime fans in general. And Pokemon has quite a sizable fanbase to, whether it be people who like the older games, or people who still play all the games to this date.

Personally, I like Pokemon, (No surprise there) and I don't watch much of any anime really at the moment, I may get into it, but I haven't really watched any officially anime shows.(The Legend of Korra is the closest I get.)

I'm also a gamer in general.

And I play the Trumpet and am in band at school, idk how common of an interest that is on here.

I also am learning Guitar, and i'm in to music in general(Rock is my main genre.)

Really though, I think there are people who share interests in all kinds of things here, sure there may be some interests that feel a bit more predominant, but I think it's more about the sheer numbers of some of these groups of people, more so than the fact we're on a specific forums that happens to have an influx in like for certain things.

That's just how I see it though.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I am into a lot of things that the "average" brony probably wouldn't be too much into.

Sure, I still like anime, though I am into firearms, hunting, fishing, country music (The good stuff, not modern crap) and pickup trucks, so I am still into what the average country boy is into, and on top of that I  would like a 1911 with these grips!

73869__safe_rainbow-dash_meta_custom_gun

• Brohoof 2

Pokémon & anime? I've always loved Pokémon(since like a million years before I even thought of watching an episode of MLP), and anime is something I've been liking lately as well! ;)

A lot bronies also seem to have an association with PC gaming though, which is something I can't say I identify with since I've always been way more of a Nintendo guy on the gaming side. :wacko:

Like others have mentioned, gaming is a pretty big interest in the fandom - I've only come across a few bronies who don't play video games much. I'm one of those people who doesn't play them, except for occasionally playing casual games like Mario Kart and stuff.

Well, I am into a lot of things that the "average" brony probably wouldn't be too much into.

Sure, I still like anime, though I am into firearms, hunting, fishing, country music (The good stuff, not modern crap) and pickup trucks, so I am still into what the average country boy is into, and on top of that I  would like a 1911 with these grips!

img-2996705-1-73869__safe_rainbow-dash_m

Nice gun!  I don't have any pistols, but I have a 12 gauge Remington 870.  I don't have pics of it, but I have some pictures of some knives I have:

b3f3d75807.jpg

b60a15921a.JPG

A country boy can never have too many knives  :smug: (or guns).

Edit: (btw, that precalc book was from like 2 years ago - that was an old pic)

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 1

Nice gun!  I don't have any pistols, but I have a 12 gauge Remington 870.  I don't have pics of it, but I have some pictures of some knives I have:

b3f3d75807.jpg

b60a15921a.JPG

A country boy can never have too many knives  :smug: (or guns).

Edit: (btw, that precalc book was from like 2 years ago - that was an old pic)

And thus "Brony knife/gun owners of America" was created! :yay:

• Brohoof 2

And thus "Brony knife/gun owners of America" was created! :yay:

Not to mention Katanas... *huehuehue*

0062e43887.JPG

bd524a1ff4.JPG

My cousin gave this to me after he got it from Martial Arts.  I don't know which one he was in, though.  I took Taekwondo, and we never used weapons.  But, I just have this Katana displayed in my room on a stand (not for use).

• Brohoof 1

This is actually the only place where I’m somewhat normal, which is nice. I’m used to wondering why I’m the only woman I’ve met who likes video games beyond MMOs and JRPGs or science fiction beyond popular television (Doctor Who, etc).

I enjoy the men I spend time with, but a lot of guys still have the "there's a girl here while we're talking about sex and farts" nervousness. So, there's that.

Edited by Jonquil

Welp, I like racing. But, none of the threads are about racing. I guess I'm falling short in this fandom too. I might start a thread about it but... yeah, no one gives a darn about it.