Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was Golden Oak Library a public library?

ggg-2

Was Golden Oak Library (may it rest in peace) open to the public? To my knowledge, the only times anypony other than the Mane 6 were at the library were in the series premiere, at Twilight's welcome party, and in Twilight Time.

I guess it wasn't, we've never seen somepony other than Twilight and her friends, Spike and Owlowiscious.

Plus it's her house.

Edited by Blobulle

It's never explicitly stated. I mean I had assumed that it was a public library, but there isn't much evidence to support.

Though I will say there was the one episode in season 1 where Twilight & Cheerilee had walked in, only to find that the CMC had raided the books, so.......maybe?

I always assumed it was open to the public.  It probably just wasn't entertaining enough to make fans watch random ponies browsing for books.  Only the top part of the library was her personal house.

Maybe it was public property before and was given to Twilight as her residence by royal decree. Alternatively, maybe it has public opening hours, and ponies do come in to read / return books in due date, "off-screen".