Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you meet your special Somepony?

Yurikun

I met my girlfriend through dA 5 years ago. I call her Fluttershy, lol. Because her personality resembles Flutts quite a bit. Yeah...someday we'll marry, but no rush though...

• Brohoof 4

I'm single, but my last girlfriend I met way back in high school band. It's cute specifically how it happened, though. She moved in from another state, but her younger sister came first. She was a part of my section, so I ended up meeting her. She learned of my love for the bassoon and how I wanted to play it, and she was like "OMG you would love my sister, she plays it and loves it just like you!". At that time I didn't think much of it because I don't think she told me she was moving here.

She moved in the next year, although oddly enough I don't think her sister ever properly introduced us. I was just like "OMG new bassoon player!" Followed by *crazy obsessiveness that has everything to do with the instrument and not you* and then "Wait, you're ___'s sister that she told me about. OMG". We quickly became friends, and eventually besties.

(Yes, I was that crazy back then. Mostly because I didn't play the bassoon yet, and didn't think there was a chance of me getting one in the next billion years because they are super expensive. The poor guy that played the instrument the year before... He must have thought I had a big crush on him. Maybe I had a little bit of one. But, anyway, she was the best because she understood me and she actually let me hold hers when I had never got to even touch one before and yeah, she's the best... I like miss her so much.)

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I've been single my entire life, primarily because I had a rough time growing up, getting through high school, and such. I wanted to get my life figured out first.

Now that I'm pretty much at that point (Sophomore year of college), I wouldn't mind meeting that special somepony to spend the rest of my life with. It would be nice, but I'm in no rush at the same time.

• Brohoof 1

We met through a social networking site. I'd noticed we had many common interests, so I was interested. :P It turned out he lived nearby, and we started chatting about MLP and other things we liked. I confessed my feelings a month or so later, and asked him out in August last year.

I met with SparklingSwirls :D!....on the Count to a Million game of course :). We were just two frequent counters on the game, and eventually we chatted more and hugged more and....:wub:. She put up a link to the full story in the above post, by the way :).

I met my very special somepony in college. We were acquaintances for a couple years before we actually started hanging out outside of school. We were both dating someone at the time, but all I knew is that I couldn't stop thinking about him. Our love story began when we ended up getting drunk at a party and kissing. It was like BOOOOOOM -- all these fireworks going off in my heart.

At first I thought my feelings were one-sided, just a little crush... But when he kissed me again at the next party, I was like, "ok, there must be something going on with him and me. It can't just be in my head." So we talked about it. He confessed that he liked me, but wanted to do the "right thing" and stay away from me since we were both in relationships.

Wellllllll that didn't last. He invited me to hang out with him alone one day. It started out innocent enough - we went to the driving range and he taught me how to hit a golf ball. We walked around some parks and played around. But at some point when we were at the park, we ended up holding hands. And kissing. A lot. XD That was the day I just let myself fall in love with him, regardless of whether the timing was right.

Long story short, we just couldn't stay away from each other, even though we tried and tried. In the end, we chose to stop fighting it. It was very messy - we both broke up with who we were seeing. There was a lot of awkward situations and hurt feelings. It wasn't easy at all. But gosh, it was worth it. :3

We've been dating for about 4 and a half years now. He's the love of my life. I feel like I won the lottery.

Lol I'm forever alone.

Nah, I'm just not really interested in dating. All my relationships are huge train wrecks, been single for 2 years woo, so I don't wanna date till like college or something, ya know figure things out this year and then just let it happen naturally. Well that and everyone in my dinky little town in the middle of nowhere Texas are either wanna be gangstas, emo kids or sluts.

No joke, that's the definition of my town on urban dictionary. I laugh every time I see it cause it's 100% accurate. Copperas Cove...such a hell hole, but it's my hell hole ;)

Edited by Cupcakes14
  • Brohoof 1

I met my girlfriend through dA 5 years ago. I call her Fluttershy, lol. Because her personality resembles Flutts quite a bit. Yeah...someday we'll marry, but no rush though...

Five years???

beyonce-hand.gif

I don't have a special somepony. But I hope my story is as cute as all of yours!

• Brohoof 1

I've technically never had a special somepony. At least in real life. I've had two online relationships:

The first lasted for a few months in 2012, and we were bounded by Sonic the Hedgehog and video games. She lived in Louisiana, whereas I lived in California at the time. She told me she was gonna finish drying her hair, but she never came back. I guess her parents found out we were friends. I haven't heard from her since, and I still kinda feel it hurting me. 

The last one lasted for over a year and ended a couple of months ago. She's a New York girl, and we were bounded by Spider-Man, ponies, TMNT, and some video games. She's more of a literature person, and reads a lot. She recently got a boyfriend, and I was hurt by it. We still talk to each other from time to time, and are still good friends, but we don't date anymore, if you can call it that.

I've never had a real life special somepony, and I've went on and on about how I want one, and all the pain I've been through and all that shit, but at this point, I need to help myself. I'm too hard on myself, and if I continue to act this way, I'll probably be dead, because I have destructive thinking problems. I'm gonna spend a good few years finding out who I am, getting better coping skills, and when I'm ready, I'll find that special somepony. :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't have one (and I kind of want one, but risking long-distance may not be good), but I can say this.

I have met the most recent two on here, even though I never met either one in person... (These were Brechard and Brosparkles.)

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper

I actually met her here on the forums :P And the most ironic thing was that I met her on a love song thread lol

This reminded me that I still need to post in the MLPForums couples thread xD

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 2

Five years???

img-3044161-1-beyonce-hand.gif

I don't have a special somepony. But I hope my story is as cute as all of yours!

Well you never know. When it comes to love, you should take your time, don't rush and be patient. Take note; good things come to those who wait.

I met my girlfriend after I moved from Kansas to Maryland and I met my girlfriend at church. She was really cute so I was really shy to talk to her. I came to find out that her and I went to the same school, so we spent a bit more time with each other but not enough for a relationship.

After a while one of her best friends got REALLY ticked off at me cuz I somehow made her cry. I had no clue what she was talking about so I confronted her about it. She thought I was avoiding her, when in reality I was just too shy to actually say something to her. After we cleared that up we became great friends.

About six months after that I asked her out and her response was "Well, it's about time!" She, apparently, wanted me to ask her out for a very long time. After we dated for about a month, she caught me watching the latest episode of MLP on my phone. 

Then the unexpected happened - she admitted she liked the show, too. We've been dating for over three years, now and I probably couldn't be happier with any other girl.

• Brohoof 2

Well you never know. When it comes to love, you should take your time, don't rush and be patient. Take note; good things come to those who wait.

Oh no. I'm not in a rush at all, and I'm not going to leap onto the first guy who asks me out. But thank you for the advice.

• Brohoof 2

Well,I don't tend to stay many time on a relationship.

My longest relationship was only for 2 or 3 months,so i'm pretty much like a single man by nature

I...Don't...have one...

FOREVER ALONE

img-3045613-1-ForeverAlone.png

*greets you*

Welcome to the Single People Club then.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I met him when we did an RP together on another Forum.  We started exchanging PMs about what our characters would do during it, and started getting to know eachother more, and in 2 days we'll have been seeing eachother for 3 months :)

• Brohoof 1

Long story short, I've actually met my significant other online... in an MLP site too!  When I FIRST got into MLP, I signed up on a site, and met him there. What do you know! We've started as friends of course, and remained as friends for quite some time before we've decided we'd want to be together.  So far, we have been together for a year, and a few months.   :proud: Thank you, MLP!

The first time I met him was through a fan page for an anime voice actor we liked. We got to talking to each other on MSN (long before it shut down and merged with Skype), and soon we were together. Then, long story short, we broke up... things happened that separated us from each other. yada yada.

Then, after I was rudely dumped by my ex, it was a few months I think? Well anyway, i was on twitter and this other voice actor we like retweeted or favorited his post there. At first, I was afraid because I knew it was actually him. It took me by surprise and to realize that it was fate or something. I decided to talk to him a little bit until we decided to go on Skype and chat. We got to talking and apologizing and discussing what went wrong or whatever as well. Soon, we were back together again and have been for a whole year! <3