Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it easier to be a boy or a girl?

Shankveld

117 users have voted

1. 1. Is it easier being a boy or a girl?

• boy
    • girl

Plus I've been told of some very strange and disturbing ways that a very determined girl can pee standing!

I've heard that too... sounds messy though.

Well, here's a big pro for being a guy - why do our haircuts cost sooooo much less? Seriously, women can spend a fortune going for a haircut.

• Brohoof 2

Well, here's a big pro for being a guy - why do our haircuts cost sooooo much less? Seriously, women can spend a fortune going for a haircut.

Unless your fabulous like me!

I love my hair and I want only the best for it! :D

Unless your fabulous like me!

I love my hair and I want only the best for it! :D

Well, I don't go to "barbers" - they just tend to hack and slash! I do go to a "stylist" but no matter what, I never pay as much as a woman does. Just exactly what are they doing to them? Is it all that coloring with the tin foils?

Because a lot of girls do a lot of things to their hair.

My haircuts are free because I bought clippers. Not many girls willing to go that route.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't go to "barbers" - they just tend to hack and slash! I do go to a "stylist" but no matter what, I never pay as much as a woman does. Just exactly what are they doing to them? Is it all that coloring with the tin foils?

Then again I don't know too much on the pricing at hair stylists. I have a few friends who are stylists in training who are willing to cut my hair for free as well as an aunt who is a hair stylist.

I may never have to pay for a hair cut... ever!

My haircuts are free because I bought clippers. Not many girls willing to go that route.

This. I'd prefer shaving it off completely, but parents.

Anyway, I think its safe to say that boys have it easier.

Well, I'm glad I dodged one big CON to being male - male-pattern baldness!

Wuss. :P

Canada is 16th in the world for women's rights.

The media doesn't like to show this, but women are still being paid a fraction of what men are being paid for the same job.

I'm currently in a financial business school to become a chartered financial analyst, and although I'm in the top 88 percentile of my class, my prof told me that it would be twice as hard for me to find a job compared to my male peers even the ones who score 20-30% less then me, in addition I would also be paid an average of 10-20 thousand less annually.

Don't even get me started of third world countries.

Also if you want to be an airplane stewardess you have to be under 32, attractive and unmarried.

Equality? where?

Sure we've come a long way, but then again we still have miles to go. ~

• Brohoof 5

Wuss. :P

Phhht! I love laying my head on a gf's lap and have her rub her fingers through my hair. Feels great and I am not giving it up! If it wasn't for my job (and the fact that my hair starts to curl as it gets longer), I'd go for a manly ponytail. Or maybe even longer so I can do this:

Posted Image

Canada is 16th in the world for women's rights.

The media doesn't like to show this, but women are still being paid a fraction of what men are being paid for the same job.

I'm currently in a financial business school to become a chartered financial analyst, and although I'm in the top 88 percentile of my class, my prof told me that it would be twice as hard for me to find a job compared to my male peers even the ones who score 20-30% less then me, in addition I would also be paid an average of 10-20 thousand less annually.

Don't even get me started of third world countries.

Also if you want to be an airplane stewardess you have to be under 32, attractive and unmarried.

Equality? where?

Sure we've come a long way, but then again we still have miles to go. ~

Well then, guess being a girl is still harder. :(
  • Brohoof 1

The hay, it's obvious guys have it better - I won't of course go all raging feminist and say that everything about males' lives is easy and the other way around with females, but men have been ruling the world and adjusting societies to exist as they wished to since always + most women have weaker bodies than men but they have to survive really not pleasant stuff like have their period which is, I assure you guys, hell of a painful experience for some women (my mum would faint a few times every month when she was a teen because of that) + giving birth + all the blah blah blah

I imagine though that in terms of psychology life can be even harder for the weaker men, those having more feminine traits because everyone expects them to be all strong and macho while women aren't at least ostracized because of being women-like.

Okay sorry if I made little sense, I'm actually leaving to go to sleep atm so I might have said something stupid or gone too offensive,sorry if I did. good night everypony:)

Edited by Saiko
  • Brohoof 1

Well then, guess being a girl is still harder. :(

In some respects yes, however girls have the whole "guys buying them things and guys paying for dates" ~

Where is the either option? :/

There is none, This is a simple black and white question. As previously stated both have ups and downs but which is overall easier. ~

To be quite honest, I tend to find that any argument involving men having it harder than women usually comes off as whiny. Especially due to the fact those supporting that arguments are usually (USUALLY, this discludes the guys that do support the argument) pig heads. The arguments 'WE work hard to bring the bacon!' and 'I'm tougher than a little WOMAN!' come to mind...

In some respects yes, however girls have the whole "guys buying them things and guys paying for dates" ~

So? I fail to see how that would make it harder to be a man. While it may be a challenge because you have to make sure you appease to the interests and thoughts of the woman of interest during the night, it hardly stands up to what other arguments you make involving men having it worse.

Edited by StrappingYoungLad

I dunno... I've had plenty of girls buy me things and pay for the next date because they didn't want to feel like they "owed" me. I bought them things and paid for dates to make them happy, not to hold it over their heads. But if they insist on paying next time, oh well... who am I to argue?

So? I fail to see how that would make it harder to be a man.

I agree - if we paying for stuff, that means we have control. On top of that, as Shank said, we make more money for the same work so we have the cash to pay for it anyway.
  • Brohoof 2

There is none, This is a simple black and white question. As previously stated both have ups and downs but which is overall easier. ~

Then this is pointless. You can't say that one has it easier than the other as there will always be a case of someone of the opposing gender having it worse.

I do not believe that men have it easier than women, I'm simply trying to show both sides of the argument. ~

I've taken my fiancée out for dinner more than he has taken me out, I don't feel like I owe anything anyone, I just believe in equality. ~

Then this is pointless. You can't say that one has it easier than the other as there will always be a case of someone of the opposing gender having it worse.

'Overall'

is the key word.

This is a generalize, opinionated debate.

~

I do not believe that men have it easier than women, I'm simply trying to show both sides of the argument.

Oh... probably misread that. If your trying to show both sides of the argument though, I still believe that your 'paying for things' reason doesn't hold up enough in my views. Are there any other ways as to how men have it harder than women?

• Brohoof 1

So? I fail to see how that would make it harder to be a man. While it may be a challenge because you have to make sure you appease to the interests and thoughts of the woman of interest during the night, it hardly stands up to what other arguments you make involving men having it worse.

Plus, so many women don't expect their S.O or date to pay for everything. In my past relationships I was the one who payed for everything. In my current one we both will either switch off when paying for dates, or we just end up paying for our own things.

Even then, as you said, that doesn't even make for a solid argument of why men would have it harder. You don't pay for things for your S.O because you have to, you do it because you should want to. If you do it because you feel like you'll be rewarded for it, then you're just an asshat.

• Brohoof 1

I do not believe that men have it easier than women, I'm simply trying to show both sides of the argument. ~

I've taken my fiancée out for dinner more than he has taken me out, I don't feel like I owe anything anyone, I just believe in equality. ~

'Overall'

is the key word.

This is a generalize, opinionated debate.

~

What is overall then? Socially? Genetics? They all depend on so many factors that you cannot possibly think about generalizing without being subjective, thus getting out of the whole point of debating.

And so you prove my point - paying for things is no longer a male disadvantage since females are paying for things just as often. :)
  • Brohoof 1