Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it easier to be a boy or a girl?

Shankveld

117 users have voted

1. 1. Is it easier being a boy or a girl?

• boy
    • girl

I say living as a guy is easier. I dunno, for what ladies go through, some wish they were guys so that they didn't have to deal with some of their problems. I imagine back in the past, it was even harder being a lady then. Even some countries today, it's difficult...

I agree. Fortunately at least in some countries things have improved. In Ponyville being a lady seems like a great thing:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHm37rCwJac

• Brohoof 1

I'm tempted to now say, lucky males. ;)

Depends on how you look at it, lots of options to choose from... and the mares have to fight over that small number of eligible stallions...

But do the men want to be around hundreds of women all the time? :blink:

Edited by TOMahwk

Depends on how you look at it, lots of options to choose from...

But do men want to be around hundreds of women all the time? :blink:

Not if the entire town friend zones him. That is a case where friendship would NOT be magic. :P

Hm. Taking into account many things. Just what I could think of on a moment's notice.

Men:

• Prostate exams
  • The risk of getting hit in the balls
  • Pressure to be "manly"
  • Kidney stones
  • Inability to hide when you're aroused
  • Inability to show pain when hurt lest risking being seen as a wimp
Women:
  • Pregnancy
  • Birth
  • Periods
  • Inability to pee while standing lest risk being seen as a freak
  • The risk of getting hit in the chest
  • Risk of rape if out alone
Have the doctor exam my anus, have a child come out of me. Get hit in the nuts, get hit in the tits. Kidney stone, periods. Forced to be manly, periods. Be unable to hide arousal, have a child growing inside of me.

GEE, I DUNNO GUYS, WHICH SIDE DOESN'T HAVE SOMETHING THAT HURTS LIKE HELL? :angry:

Go ahead and add to those lists, see which one has more things on it.

Also, since i spend most of the time online, if i were a girl, i would get extra attention for the wrong reasons. Also some people won't take you seriously simply because you are a girl.

Most girls who spend their time on the Internet, as far as I know, don't flail their arms and say, "Look at me I'm a pretty girl and you nerds will never get a chance to talk to a girl IRL so you better settle with meeeeeeee~" I have no idea if I get more or less attention on the Internet simply because I'm a girl. It's like saying that I get more attention IRL just because I'm a girl. I have no way of determining that. And... for the wrong reasons? A lot of the time, if girls get that attention, it's because they post pictures of themselves in suggestive ways or they're extra flirty online. If they get that attention and they don't practically ask for it, they're smart enough to ignore it or even leave the site.

And... if you're on a website that ignores girls just because their girls, you'd better get yourself off that site and find better people to spend your time with. Seriously. Ignore people because they're stupid and/or trolls, not because of their gender.

Edited by RockinRarity

Men defiantly have it easier,

There are less physical things that men have to deal with considering women have to at a young age deal with things like *Weight, breast size, attractiveness* The reason i say this is because women at a young age mostly will try to make them selves look like their favorite celebrity to get the attention she wants.

Men just need to worry about at a young age being strong and or being the cool kid/*bad ass?*

I think it's harder being a women because of all the harrassment women have to go through, women weren't treated as equals at first, and not to mention birth. :blink: However being a male isn't easy either as you can come into a lot of conflict. I myself have went through much, and sex doesn't really determine who's life is more difficult. However, sexist print media advertisements are still present.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Fox
  • Brohoof 1

Most girls who spend their time on the Internet, as far as I know, don't flail their arms and say, "Look at me I'm a pretty girl and you nerds will never get a chance to talk to a girl IRL so you better settle with meeeeeeee~" I

I lol'd. :)

Men:

Like the ole tv box says binders are a grade school students' best friend. Edited by Rudolphin

Hm. Taking into account many things. Just what I could think of on a moment's notice.

Men:

• Prostate exams
  • The risk of getting hit in the balls
  • Pressure to be "manly"
  • Kidney stones
  • Inability to show pain when hurt lest risking being seen as a wimp
Women:
  • Pregnancy
  • Birth
  • Periods
  • Inability to pee while standing lest risk being seen as a freak
  • The risk of getting hit in the chest
  • Risk of rape if out alone
Have the doctor exam my anus, have a child come out of me. Get hit in the nuts, get hit in the tits. Kidney stone, periods. Forced to be manly, periods. Be unable to hide arousal, have a child growing inside of me.

GEE, I DUNNO GUYS, WHICH SIDE DOESN'T HAVE SOMETHING THAT HURTS LIKE HELL? :angry:

Go ahead and add to those lists, see which one has more things on it.

oh my..... O.O

Like the ole tv box says binders are a grade school students' best friend.

2 things.

Sweatpants. Explicitly displaying boners since 1920.

And

Posted Image

Edited by Stoner Spike
  • Brohoof 3

Unless you live in some sexist country I would say its about the same. Our entire lives dont revolve around sexual issues (though the internet may think otherwise) that make being male or female different. Our main problems come from economics, goals in life and stuff like that, which are equal for both genders.

Posted Image

I had a gf that actually enjoyed the above very much. I hope these days that's purely consensual.

Men just need to worry about at a young age being strong and or being the cool kid/*bad ass?*

Considering I sucked at sports and was basically a Twilight Sparkle at a young age, I think my life as a kid would have been MUCH easier had I been a girl. :o

How many of you are familiar with the Taliban? I'm not entirely sure but I know their women are treated highly unfairly... A woman has to cover her face once she's started to grow breasts, and she has to put up with whichever man she marries, or is forced to marry, sometimes becoming his punching bag... They can't have an education and then they have to also put up with everything normal females put up with (periods, childbirth, ect.)

They have been raised like this and some cannot leave for family reasons... At least, I think that's right...

I'm not sure but this is one of the reasons that there is a lot of people coming into Australia and other countries seeking asylum, aka, a safe place to live and work.

• Brohoof 1

Where I live, it would be much easier to be a boy. Being a female has been the bane of my existence ever since I was at least four years old. When I was eleven is when I finally learned I should stop verbally proclaiming how much I wanted to be a boy. I was treated very differently from my brothers, in a bad way. As an adult, it hasn't changed - maybe gotten worse. I'm extremely lucky to have the best person in the entire world as a husband, and that I was straight in the first place. Even today, I suffer and cannot gain employment because I am female "of child bearing age" even though I have a degree and graduated with honors. As soon as my husband gets a job to where he can afford us starting a family, I certainly intend to, so that I can bleeping 'give myself a job' being a mother and have something to do... which is what society wants me to do anyway. Ugh. I'd rather be allowed to work, and not feel like my life and education were a waste of time and money. I really loved getting my degree and everything I learned, so I don't regret it. Just sick society made it a wasteful choice though I don't personally consider it a wasteful choice.

• Brohoof 1

Even today, I suffer and cannot gain employment because I am female "of child bearing age" even though I have a degree and graduated with honors. As soon as my husband gets a job to where he can afford us starting a family, I certainly intend to, so that I can bleeping 'give myself a job' being a mother and have something to do... which is what society wants me to do anyway. Ugh. I'd rather be allowed to work, and not feel like my life and education were a waste of time and money. I really loved getting my degree and everything I learned, so I don't regret it. Just sick society made it a wasteful choice though I don't personally consider it a wasteful choice.

That is horrible! You should definitely be allowed to work in your field. I feel so sorry for you. :(

Easier to be a man... and I mainly think that way because of career choices. It would be very difficult to be a female engineer, mechanic, etc. because there are so few working in the field, which may lead to you being looked down upon or harassed. A male can do basically any job freely... I can't think of as place where it would be difficult to be a male... maybe a flight attandant? I also think men get paid more on average as well :o

Edited by Dany Heatley

i luv hawt chix0rz. BOYZ RULE!!!

Both genders have their up and downs, but I only know one thing....

Being a male fucking rocks!

• Brohoof 1

I lol'd. :)

Happy to be of service. ;)

This is something that I remembered as I read other posts. When it comes to dating, parents have a tendency to be easier on their sons than on their daughters. The parents of the man who brings home his girlfriend tend to be more accepting of the woman. Not always true if they know that the girl is a bad influence or whatever, but for the most part, the guy's parents are more accepting of the girl. The girl, on the other hand... her parents will hate just about any guy who they don't already know to be the greatest guy in the universe. Well, hate is a strong word, but I can say from personal experience that it is hard for a guy to impress a girl's parents, and it is hard for a girl to feel like her choices are being accepted by her parents. Not really sure which is harder.

From my personal experience...

I started dating my current boyfriend. My parents didn't think I was ready to date again (I was 21, going into my last year of college). They also thought that he was a wimp in a shell of a man. He was quiet. He wasn't done with school yet. He only had a part-time job. He played a lot of video games. All that stuff. So my dad flat-out said to me, "Your mom and I don't support this relationship" and wouldn't let him come to immediate-family-only events with me, such as Christmas breakfast or birthdays, even though we were serious and intended on remaining that way - it wasn't a fling at all. He had to prove himself to my parents. Fortunately, as time went on, my parents could see that we were serious and not just a fling of a relationship. Last summer he graduated and got a full-time job. Not his dream job, but he makes a lot more money than he did. It took a long time to get through that period. His parents, on the other hand, loved me and we have had zero issues with them. And I feel like my parents were much easier to accept my brothers' girlfriends and support their relationships than it was for them to accept my relationship with my boyfriend.

Also, "ugly" girls are mercilessly made fun of by both genders, and maybe raped. "Pretty" girls get stalked and raped, and hated/mistreated by other girls because they are "prettier."

When a girl is raped, it is nearly always spun around to be her fault. "Well why was she grocery shopping alone? She should know better than to assume someone wouldn't attack her if she were alone with the sun up or especially after dark. Oh, rapist broke into her house? Well why didn't she scream louder? Fight harder? Make sure all her doors and windows were super locked? Oh she was jogging for exercise and got grabbed? Well, it was her fault for jogging alone." Instead of how it SHOULD be: always the attacker's fault. Period. The end.

Not that guys have life perfect or smooth sailing. If a guy gets raped (by a girl, by another guy) well, that poor victim... society would be even less kind/understanding toward him.

It is far more acceptable for a girl to like guy things than a guy to like girl things, which is sad for any guy that likes "girl things." It is because "girl things" are just that "terrible" and supposedly degrading. Makes sense for a girl to want to be a guy, but *gasp if a guy wants/wants anything to do with being a girl.

It is literally an insult to be a girl, but a word of praise to be a man.

Edited by Iris Melody
  • Brohoof 5