Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it easier to be a boy or a girl?

Shankveld

117 users have voted

1. 1. Is it easier being a boy or a girl?

• boy
    • girl

Wrong it isn't a black and white answer. It is very dependable on what personality the person has, the way the do thing even appearance may factor on who finds it easier.

And even if as you say a girl get paid less by a 10-20% Do you know how much easier it is for a girl to find a job(at least here in Greece for every 1 spot that they ask for a man there are like 20 asking for a women :P)

So I will say either depending on what kind of person you are

Not sure how there's even an argument here. Of course guys have it easier.

That's not to say that guys don't deal with societal pressures that are ridiculous (most noticeably to me is the pressure for guys to be manly and not to do anything remotely feminine. Which is stupid), but it just really can't compare altogether.

• Brohoof 1

Oh... probably misread that. If your trying to show both sides of the argument though, I still believe that your 'paying for things' reason doesn't hold up enough in my views. Are there any other ways as to how men have it harder than women?

That is the argument I hear men complain about the most :P

The having to initiate dates and paying and how picky women are and such ~

Use your imagination

Wrong it isn't a black and white answer. It is very dependable on what personality the person has, the way the do thing even appearance may factor on who finds it easier.

And even if as you say a girl get paid less by a 10-20% Do you know how much easier it is for a girl to find a job(at least here in Greece for every 1 spot that they ask for a man there are like 20 asking for a women :P)

So I will say either depending on what kind of person you are

Depends in what kind of career, in any high paying careers such as finance, business, doctors and lawyers. Men have it much easier to get a job and are paid more for it too.

And no, it's like asking you which is better cats or dogs. You may like both, but one you like better overall. ~

• Brohoof 1

Being a man with little confidence, I can see why initiating dates would be a problem. However, the arguments given are just whining and frankly stupid, especially with the second point.

Equality? where?

Sure we've come a long way, but then again we still have miles to go. ~

hmm... I said almost equal. There is still somethings in society that are obviously unequal and those will hopefully one day change.

But I based my point on something we cannot help is things like child birth and female puberty.

So yeah on a simplistic level girls have it rough, and on a more complex level... girls STILL have it rough!

• Brohoof 3

Girl.

For a few reasons. One being that they have infinite power over men, they know how to make men feel like idiots, they're always right, 'ladies first', actually being beautiful. I don't see many boys my age worrying about their hair or anything, they should I think. Girls also take others' feelings into the equation, whereas all the boys I encounter are completely inconsiderate of emotions and lack sympathy.

That's my personal experience, I've lived with 3 women in the house for my whole life. I know how they think~

• Brohoof 2

Women can initiate dates now too.

Being hit on though, is a double-edged sword. Sure, most guys think, "wow, wish I could just relax and let the opposite gender come to me for a change" but getting hit on can be annoying! I got a taste of this by playing Mithra in FFXI.

Mithras are a female-only kitty race in that MMO. I picked one for several reason - I like cats, they have high dexterity and agility which was good for the jobs I wanted, and you spend a lot of time in that game staring at your character's behind - and I wanted something nice to look at. Ok, so I start playing and not long after - I keep getting hit on by guys! Guess people didn't understand that your in-game gender has nothing to do with your irl-gender. Anyway, I feel I got a taste for how annoying it is to constantly get hit on by guys when you have no interest and are trying to do something else. This is why pretty girls can sometimes put up the "bitch shield" (I did not coin this term) when talked to - they just get tired of constant pick-up attempts.

Anyway, when I am interested in a girl, I talk to her like a normal human being and gauge her interest through subtle clues. I do not try the "pick-up" though that may be appropriate in a place where women expect to be picked up (I am not a bar type).

• Brohoof 3

Not sure how there's even an argument here. Of course guys have it easier.

That's not to say that guys don't deal with societal pressures that are ridiculous (most noticeably to me is the pressure for guys to be manly and not to do anything remotely feminine. Which is stupid), but it just really can't compare altogether.

Wow must be smooth sailing for me then! loljk :P

Seriously I don't get most guys wanting to be all macho and "manly"

My definition of being a "man" is just to be a great human being and obviously male.

NOT the asshole who can do the most push ups! :P

Thinking that just because I'd love to roll around in field of flowers with cute animals and rainbows that I'm somehow not a man is silly!

• Brohoof 1

I like to believe that being a boy is easier because, as has been mentioned, periods. I need not say much more than the fact that when I was little, I thought the scariest thing that could happen to someone was if they started peeing blood.

And that is a thing that actually happens on a monthly basis.

It's just hard to be human.

Agreed. Let's become robots.

Edited by Ragtime

Girl.

For a few reasons. One being that they have infinite power over men, they know how to make men feel like idiots, they're always right, 'ladies first', actually being beautiful. I don't see many boys my age worrying about their hair or anything, they should I think. Girls also take others' feelings into the equation, whereas all the boys I encounter are completely inconsiderate of emotions and lack sympathy.

That's my personal experience, I've lived with 3 women in the house for my whole life. I know how they think~

-Infinite Power over Men, Not exactly no.

-they know how to make men feel like idiots, yeah and guys don't know how to make another guy look like idiots...

-they're always right, that sounds like a guy who does not to listen nor understand the women he is talking to.

-actually being beautiful, another point that sounds like if you loose yourself completely to a girl

- I don't see many boys my age worrying about their hair, I have long hair and actually care for it.

- all the boys I encounter are completely inconsiderate of emotions and lack sympathy, You seem to be 17 ( if your profile tells the truth. ) and you are still in puberty, which means you are pretty much a jerk throughout it. ( Source )

So I guess not that much...

• Brohoof 1

Easier to be a guy or a girl you say? Well lets take a look at my past experiences as a girl, shall we?

Posted Image

Oh wait, I don't have any. Boy wins.

- all the boys I encounter are completely inconsiderate of emotions and lack sympathy. ( Source )

Hey, I'm proud to say I'm NOT part of that group. I'm one of the nicest, most considerate guys you'll ever meet!

Edited by GuitarGuru007

Well, i guess being a girl does give you some advantage, but in general i would say guys have it easier. As a guy i can go outside around midnight and so on without having much worries. If i were a girl, i would be far more paranoid about what could happen.

Also, since i spend most of the time online, if i were a girl, i would get extra attention for the wrong reasons. Also some people won't take you seriously simply because you are a girl.

Girl. For a few reasons. One being that they have infinite power over men, they know how to make men feel like idiots, they're always right, 'ladies first', actually being beautiful. I don't see many boys my age worrying about their hair or anything, they should I think. Girls also take others' feelings into the equation, whereas all the boys I encounter are completely inconsiderate of emotions and lack sympathy. That's my personal experience, I've lived with 3 women in the house for my whole life. I know how they think~

I agree with quite a few points you made, but i do not see how this makes it EASIER for girls. Having to worry about your looks takes time and effort. Also being selfish makes your life easier, so that is another point i do not understand. I guess you looked this from the point of view that you prefer instead of what way makes life simple. And yeah, most guys cannot control their instincts that well, so this does give some power to the girls, yet it is one of the things that girls have to fear as well.

So in short, i disagree with your opinion about girls having it easier.

• Brohoof 1

Even though most people probably voted for the opposite sex just to be all 'life's so hard', I honestly believe that, at least in a school environment, being a girl is easier. No real reason other than that they seem gifted with intelligence, boobs and the ability to not be yelled at for liking my little pony -___-

Even though most people probably voted for the opposite sex just to be all 'life's so hard', I honestly believe that, at least in a school environment, being a girl is easier. No real reason other than that they seem gifted with intelligence, boobs and the ability to not be yelled at for liking my little pony -___-

Be sure to not confuse intelligence with work...

Perhaps you misunderstood; I am voicing my opinion on the matter through my own experience. I am not making a scientific statement and did not expect anyone to take my post entirely seriously.

I am in no way claiming that I am authoritative body on the matter. Sorry if my tone seemed direct but I never asked for a rebuttal on such a simple post~

• Brohoof 2

Perhaps you misunderstood; I am voicing my opinion on the matter through my own experience. I am not making a scientific statement and did not expect anyone to take my post entirely seriously.

I am in no way claiming that I am authoritative body on the matter. Sorry if my tone seemed direct but I never asked for a rebuttal on such a simple post~

AFAIK the thread has the tag Debate, so I am doing that ^^ and besides I am bored

• Brohoof 1

No real reason other than that they seem gifted with intelligence, boobs and the ability to not be yelled at for liking my little pony -___-

Pretty sure gender has nothing to do with intelligence. But not having to be judged for liking MLP is a pretty nice perk.

Be sure to not confuse intelligence with work...

Well, I wouldn't, except that in my experience more girls seem to be able to succeed with minimal effort than guys. Not sure why, just an observation- I for one work reaally hard and still am nowhere near to the intellectual standard of most girls that I'm friends with, who barely put any work into anything. Again- this isn't all girls, just ones that I've had experience with. They also seem far less likely to be criticized for anything than guys.

I say living as a guy is easier. I dunno, for what ladies go through, some wish they were guys so that they didn't have to deal with some of their problems. I imagine back in the past, it was even harder being a lady then. Even some countries today, it's difficult...

• Brohoof 1