Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Without cellphone...

Cloby604

50 users have voted

1. 1. How long can you live without cellphone?

• I will be ok...
    • I'm fine (NO! I'M NOT FINE PLEASE SOMEPONY HELP ME!)
    • *dead*

I need my reminders for my somewhat hectic life, so...

sans cellphone:   2 days max.

sans internet:  A few weeks but I would miss it a lot.

I could survive without my phone; it's a boring flip phone and I don't use it often.

If I had to go for one or two days without internet, I'd probably get real anxious since I wouldn't be able to talk to my forum friends, especially my boyfriend here. Any more than that and I'd just get really sad. :( My friends here are closer to me than most of my real life friends...

Cellphone? i don't use dat shit.

Life without internet...... unless theres something i can spend my time on i don't think i can live without it i would go full on berserk without internet.

I dropped a puddle on my phone

(yes this is exactly what happened)

so I've been without one for a few weeks now, and I'm fine, but I may need to get one just to keep in contact with pplz

Internet?

I occasionally (in the holidays) go to my familys personal library (we aint rich we just got a garage full of double row ceiling high shelves of books and piles of them scattered around) and pick out a about 30 to 40 books (thick ones most of them, quite a few classics) and then spend the entire week, Sunday - Sunday lying in bed reading and doing nothing else aside from the bare necessities, so no internet.

Without internet forever?

Heh

parents tried that before, blocking it via the router.

I broke into the router (software) changed all the details, password, and blockages and then had internet until my dad rehacked it (which was about 5 hours later)

Basically, the internet is my social life... and my education... and my everything. So no. 

• 4 years later...

I could live forever without a cellphone honestly, but live without internet? No. My college course requires me to have internet as it's an online course. And the forums. I couldn't live without the forums. All my closest friends are here and I couldn't abandon my job as staff. 

• Brohoof 3

I never use a cellphone and only keep one for emergencies. I could easily go back to living sans internet too. I was fine before it became such an overused fixture and I'd be fine if it disappeared again. I liked the world better without it.

I do have a phone, though I wouldn't struggle without one, as I've been able to cope without one for many years. The internet is another story, as I use my computer on a daily basis.

I've gone several days where I never bothered to charge my phone when it's ran out of power before and didn't miss it too much. I mainly just have it because it's useful in cases of emergencies or if something comes up and I need to contact someone or vice versa.

I use my phone for GPS and such to get places I've not been to, and a smartphone got me out of a few jams when I got lost. I'm screwed without it.

My job revolves around the Internet so I kinda need it...

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago I forgot to bring my Wi-Fi puck with me to work. It's uh... it's kind of like a mini-router that I can slip into my pocket. Anyway, I have one because my phone doesn't have mobile data here in Korea, and I couldn't get it fixed because it's so old. Point being, I forgot my internet and had to go without it for a day.

And honestly? I didn't care as much as I thought I would. Aside from a couple times where I was like "I need to check my text messages for work-related stuff, oh wait I can't," I didn't really do all that much, because I was busy at work.

It's the same with internet. I had to go without internet for two weeks once, and even though I hated it, I wasn't absolutely devastated. It's just a part of life that you have to accept.

...That being said, I am MUCH happier with my phone and internet. Online games are my thing, yo. :3

Without phone?  It would be difficult since I have a lot of appointments on my phone and I also use it as a timer when I'm doing stuff or baking.  My phone also helps ensure I take one of my medications at the proper time and day since I self-administer that one...

Without internet?  I would be absolutely screwed, more than half of the recipes I use are saved on my favourites and I sometimes have to look things up to help out with baking, gaming, etc.  Without the internet how would I be able to do practically anything????  Don't even get me started with job searching, I don't have a big enough network to even get a good job if I had to rely on word of mouth alone...

• 2 weeks later...

last time my mum took my phone off me I cried

even though I'm more mature nowadays, I think I'd still die without my phone, especially without internet

• 1 year later...

Nowadays It would be hard to live without on the one hand. On the other hand, sometimes it takes to much time and attention from me. I would definitely need some time to adjustment and time find other ways of organizing my professional and private parts of the day, but I'd be okay.