Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which of the elements is most important to you in a friend?

Frostgage

Which is the most important to you?  

50 users have voted

1. 1. Which element?

• Generosity
    • Honesty
    • Kindness
    • Laughter
    • Loyalty

1) Kindness- if they're not kind, then it won't work- simple as  -_-

2) Honesty- so that if they're in pain, they won't just keep it a secret from me and suffer in silence when I could actually have done something to help the whole time.

3) Laughter- positivity and joy is important, both to cheer me up when I'm feeling down, and to keep them from making a habit of negativity (something which I know little about how to deal with, so that'd strain our friendship more than a little...  >_> )

4) Loyalty- this isn't too major for me. They can be disloyal to me and I can still forgive them, though a bit of loyalty is still appreciated ^^

5) Generosity- I don't care too much if they aren't that generous with me; as long as they're a kind person, I'd be happy to be doing all the giving. And, to me, kindness itself is gift enough :kindness:

Magic is power. With magic, you can mind control people into being your friends.

But if I was being serious, I'd say.

#1: Kindness

#2: Loyalty

#3: Honesty

#4: Generosity

#5: Laughter

Edited by Mountaineer28

• 4 weeks later...

All of the elements of harmony are important to me in different ways and for different reasons, but overall I'd say kindness would come first, honesty second, loyalty third, laughter fourth, and generosity fifth.

If I include the magic element, which I interpret as unity and the spark of life and joy, that would come first, and then the rest after that in the same order.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't put the elements over each other, but I feel that this is the order where the strongest friendships are created.

Laughter Many of my longest-lasting friendships tend to stem from laughter. Be it something hilarious or odd in an endearing fashion, laughter brings positivity. It makes you likable.

Kindness Just as often, though, kindness takes the lead. It and Laughter are interchangeable because you cannot start a friendship without showing some form of kindness, or at least caring.

Generosity Share your time, share your hopes, share your pain, and share your worries. Non-material generosity in a friendship isn't something I see often at school. It builds trust and bonds you closer to the other person.

Honesty There is no friendship that can last very long without honesty. At least, not one that I know of. 

Loyalty Be as loyal to your friends as you can. If you mess up, be willing to admit it, and hope they forgive you. When you leave your friend for someone else without giving them a second glance, it hurts them. That hurt can fester into horrible things, and a friend can become a stranger, and even an enemy in some cases.

Magic That's what a strong friendship is.

I've excluded magic since it's not really applicable in real life.

Why not? The idea of magic is exactly what the title of the show refers to, friendship. I mean you could exclude it on the grounds of it like one being a prime number. Of course it's divisible by one and itself, it is one.

Plus who says magic is not applicable in real life? Magic can mean anything enchanting or wondrous.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Honesty

2. Loyalty

3. Kindness

4. Laughter

5. Generosity

I think that clear and honest communication is very important. Loyalty is also important. Kindness and laughter are a little important, as I wouldn't really like being friends with someone who is mean to me or makes me sad. Generosity is nice, but it's not super important ^^;

Loyalty, but Honestly also goes hoof in hoof here. Been betrayed many times, lost so many friends.. It hurts after awhile, I'm scared to love again tbh..  :adorkable:

1. Laughter

I enjoy just messing around and having fun with my friends, so laughter is definitely the most important to me.

2. Loyalty

I'd prefer if my friends stuck with me, so that is why this is second.

3. Honesty

I do appreciate honesty, but as long as they're not lying to me about being my friend, I don't worry about it too much. Some kind of lying can be really annoying though.

4. Kindness

I've had friends who weren't the nicest around, but as long as they're not cruel to others and are kind to me; I'm fine.

5. Generosity

Generosity is appreciated, but I wouldn't stop being friends with someone if they weren't generous.

• 7 years later...