Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Princess Celestia be evil?

Dawning Demon

Could Princess Celestia be evil?

For the thousands of years she's been alive she must have quite a lot of things she regrets and things she fears maybe one of these things she fears is the loss of her position in power? Maybe that's the secret reason why Princess Luna was actually sent to the moon for? What's your opinion on this matter? I don't trust her perfect Princess act one bit. :okiedokielokie:

post-29157-0-45979600-1408565058_thumb.jpg

She was supposed to be evil ... 'cept Katie Cook.

:okiedokielokie:

No ... Celestia isn't a troll, or evil, or any of that. Like all great rulers (and Great rulers) she has flaws and errors in judgment. In the future there may come a time where Twilight may have to address this.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah...that would actually be cool for a Season 5 episode to be about the Mane 6 trying to show Princess Celestia that her old outdated ways of judgement are wrong...or something like that I'm not a writer... :P

No crime in Equestria. Why is that? In a world where the only guards surround the palace, surely crime would be everywhere. And yet, there hardly seems to be more than a petty theft. Why is that?

Simple.

It's the love the sun.

It's the mercy of Princess Celestia. She never lashes out in anger, never lets her feelings get the better of her. She never shouts, never raises her voice, and above all, she never, ever kills.

No matter how much they beg her.

To Discord, who sought chaos above all else, she sealed him alive in a statue. He lives in a peaceful garden as a symbol of absolute perfection.

To Sombra, who's dark heart and cold personality led him to enslave a kingdom, she turned his body to shadow and sealed him in ice, to be locked away forever.

To Tirek, who valued power and control, he was stripped of both. He was chained in Tartarus, where there is no magic, to be held until the end of days.

And to the Nightmare, to her sister... perhaps the worst punishment was given. To the one who wanted her and her night to be adored above all else, she was trapped on her creation indefinitely. Her face was etched onto her moon, a sight to bring fear and pain even to those who did once look at the moon with love. There were those who still remembered, but eventually, even the youngest of foals forgot the moon goddess and her creation. The moon lay unloved for a thousand years.

This is the fury of a goddess. She never kills, and she never has to. Those who face the wrath of Sol Invictus, over the years, have instead learned of something far worse. It's a punishment to which death is a joy, something they pray to her for every second of their remaining existence.

To those who threaten the ones she loves, Princess Celestia gives the gift of immortality.

Edited by Shimmer5000
  • Brohoof 8

Well in the past things aren't exactly the way it is now so I'm sure she has done some pretty bad wicked stuff. However, she does seem to acknowledge the errors of her ways (think it's the Magic of Friendship :3) eventually and became the princess we love.

Few hundred years ago we humans have done some pretty bad stuff too, and now the Magic of Friendship did help us become better people, at least most of us.

Yeah...that would actually be cool for a Season 5 episode to be about the Mane 6 trying to show Princess Celestia that her old outdated ways of judgement are wrong...or something like that I'm not a writer... :P

That would be interesting but I like the way it's headed though originally the mane 6 is traveling around equestria and sharing their knowledge on friendship.

Equality vs Individuality far more fun and easy to have a submeaning

No crime in Equestria. Why is that? In a world where the only guards surround the palace, surely crime would be everywhere. And yet, there hardly seems to be more than a petty theft. Why is that?

Simple.

It's the love the sun.

It's the mercy of Princess Celestia. She never lashes out in anger, never lets her feelings get the better of her. She never shouts, never raises her voice, and above all, she never, ever kills.

No matter how much they beg her.

To Discord, who sought chaos above all else, she sealed him alive in a statue. He lives in a peaceful garden as a symbol of absolute perfection.

To Sombra, who's dark heart and cold personality led him to enslave a kingdom, she turned his body to shadow and sealed him in ice, to be locked away forever.

To Tirek, who valued power and control, he was stripped of both. He was chained in Tartarus, where there is no magic, to be held until the end of days.

And to the Nightmare, to her sister... perhaps the worst punishment was given. To the one who wanted her and her night to be adored above all else, she was trapped on her creation indefinitely. Her face was etched onto her moon, a sight to bring fear and pain even to those who did once look at the moon with love. There were those who still remembered, but eventually, even the youngest of foals forgot the moon goddess and her creation. The moon lay unloved for a thousand years.

This is the fury of a goddess. She never kills, and she never has to. Those who face the wrath of Sol Invictus, over the years, have instead learned of something far worse. It's a punishment to which death is a joy, something they pray to her for every second of their remaining existence.

To those who threaten the ones she loves, Princess Celestia gives the gift of immortality.

Wait what? ...Wow. You just dropped the bomb. :0

• Brohoof 1

I have looked pretty deep into the matter and I see nothing Evil in her character. Altruistic and a bit unforgiving at times but not evil. She has done what she had to do to rule her kingdom and though she may of had to make some tough choices she did it with Equestria in mind.

She's too powerful. She already pretty much rules the world, and has infinite wealth. Most likely, she was born with it.

If Celestia wanted to end the world, she would of already done it in her 2000 years of existence. It would of shown too. What would she want? What would she need? Nothing. I'm sure Celestia has made mistakes, but I think of her like a elf from Lord of the Rings. She's been alive so long that it's made her so pure and perfect that she couldn't make mistakes or anything anymore

I think of her like Galadriel 

It would be so cool/crazy if she was the villain the whole time. D:

On the other hand, I highly doubt it. The sister's rivalry was pretty canon. 

It would be BEST SHOW FINALE EVER if it turned out that the "Friendship thing" was just a ploy to get Twilight and friends to trust her and at the last minute she betrays them all and tells Twilight that friendship is fake and fleeting, and that she's been doing this to multiple ponys for thousands upon thousands of years to ensure her immortality.  Then, twilight would have to rely on trusting "the magic of friendship," (which has just been discredited by her very mentor) to defeat her.

She's quite evil. Trapping her own little sister into the moon for 1 thousand years of loneliness. Celestia wasn't able to understand that Luna just wanted to be loved by ponies. What sort of older sister fails to understand such an obvious fact? She didn't just failed to help her sister out, but she made the whole situation even worse, not just for Luna, but for Equestria.

But Celestia is damn too wise and old to misunderstand basic emotional needs. Which left us with the final truth. She knew it the whole time!

She was trying to make her sister go crazy into the moon, then making her destroy Equestria. Of course, Celestia knew that the elements of harmony were born, specially Twilight. That was the reason why she always sent the mane-six against any mayor villain. She wants the mane-six dead. But she's trying to do so from the shadows, always leaving every responsibility in their little hooves.

Who was behind Twilight's crazy breakdown?

Who was behind the idea of bringing back Discord?

Fluttershy's tears because of Philomena!

Twilight Alicorn trasformation! Can't you see? It was her the whole time! She even tried to destroy our brony community.

Our beloved Queen of Chaos. Celestia.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

Pffft, not at all. If she and Luna saved Equestria from threats like Discord, King Sombra and Tirek, then it's pretty clear that Princess Celestia wants the best from Equestira.

Also, the main reason why Princess Celestia banished her sister to the moon is to protect Equestria from an endless night. If Nightmare Moon reigned over Equestria, then crops won't grow, food would run out and ponies would panic. Princess Celestia also has shown reluctance over banishing Princess Luna, but banishing her was for the better. -3-

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes she could I mean she did use dark magic before so it's possible that she could go evil I mean I would make for a interesting episode or two :3

Yes she could I mean she did use dark magic before so it's possible that she could go evil I mean I would make for a interesting episode or two :3

Anypony could use that magic, but it doesn't make them evil.

Pffft, not at all. If she and Luna saved Equestria from threats like Discord, King Sombra and Tirek, then it's pretty clear that Princess Celestia wants the best from Equestira.

Also, the main reason why Princess Celestia banished her sister to the moon is to protect Equestria from an endless night. If Nightmare Moon reigned over Equestria, then crops won't grow, food would run out and ponies would panic. Princess Celestia also has shown reluctance over banishing Princess Luna, but banishing her was for the better. -3-

Yes I think she wants Equestria as good as she can. She's sort of like the Mother of Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

No, Celestia isn't evil, unless you want to do a 180 and rewrite every positive thing she's done in the series out of the kindness of her heart and say its the perfectly planned schemes of an evil mastermind. You'd be wrong, but its been done before.

...Of course, whether that's a good thing is up for debate. As I mentioned on page 1, Celestia's mercy could use a little work. Some of her punishments make death look like a pretty nice deal in comparison.

@@Dawning Demon

Just letting you know I moved your topic to Show Discussion considering it has to do with an aspect of the show.

Thanks. :)