Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do with $70 000 000?

Damonater

Only $70 million? Pffftt... I can't do much with that. That isn't even enough to haul my ass to the moon.

If I had 60 bil then your 70 mil (theoretically) would be enough to go to the moon AND back.  (with lotsa change.)

[startram.]  Look it up!

Tithe to my church

Get a sleeve and hand tattoo

Buy some new clothes

Get something for my girlfriend

Buy a car

Donate to charity

Buy a Razer computer

Finally get a smartphone

Buy a ton of music

Tithe some more

Vacation time! For Life!

Honestly, if I was able to have a nice little vacation for once, I would definitely choose to do so, especially flying around to places and maybe meet some friends I met on the internet. (And maybe play some pranks on Wingnut while I'm at it)

I would hate to win the lottery. It's next to impossible to remain anonymous these days, and it's not safe with everyone knowing who you are.

That being said, I would give pretty much all of it away to charities and family and friends that need it. I don't need (or want) that much money :wacko:

Edited by SparklingSwirls

INVEST INVEST INVEST

GET MORE MONEY

Finish my education

And get out of this country :D

Go back to Ouagadougou and crash at grandma's

Give some cash to my family

Try to make my country an overall better place by following Libya's plans (before that revolution and stuff)

Try to keep the American corporations out, because they're real bad news

I would put 2mill in the bank for internist for the rest of my life and I would spend all the rest on getting the rights to the terminator movies and making a sequel that tells the story of how the machines take over, how the humans beet them in the end and how kelly reese, the two T-800's and the T-1000 got sent back. I have thought about this for a long time and this is my go to plan if I was ever to win that much.

Buy a big enough house that I can devote a large room(like, the size of school gym or even larger) to gaming.

Build a heck of a gaming rig and get a two large TVs(one HD, and one normal convex tube TV) for said room along with a PS4, Xbox One, and WiiU.

Get a nice car.

Stick the rest in a bank account and live off the interest and what ever other money I make buying and selling things(because that's the kind of investment I would make, buying collectible stuff cheap and turning it over if I didn't want it for myself) 

I would buy a small house away from city. I don't need a big house because I don't have and I'll never have big family, so I small house is enough for me. I would make a amazing garden with many trees, flowers, vegetables and fruits, so I'd have a health food. I'd buy a dalamtaian. And rest of many I'd invest.

First, I'd tithe 10%, 'cause that's what I do. Then I'd pay off my college debts and the college debts of my brother, sister, and brother-in-law. Then I'd set aside at least $5 million and put it in a high interest savings account in anticipation of retirement. Probably set aside another $1,000,000 strictly in case of emergencies. That'd leave me with... what? $56.5 million ish? Somewhere in that ballpark? Hmm.....

I don't think I'd buy a house or car just yet, since I'd probably want/need to get insurance for them, and I'd want to be making a steady income before I get something that'll cost me monthly. But I would set aside maybe $15 million for when I'm ready for those things. Put that in a regular savings account and add to it as time went by.

And I've still got $41.5 million. I ain't need all that money. I could easily donate at least $31.5 million to charities, bring me down to $10 million. Heck, I could donate $40.5 million and just keep $1 million. That's way more than enough spending money.

With that, I reckon I'd get this, one of these, possibly this guy, a few new shirts and pants. Upgrade my ticket for next year's BronyCon to the highest donor level. And probably the same for the one after that, too. Maybe get a Google Glass. Invest maybe $100,000 in these folks. And then I dunno. Keep the rest for things I may want later. Or give it away. I don't need much stuff.

Build a bigass house with dedicated rooms for all things me.

• First things first, my garage mahal. I could spend a fortune on a Ferrari 250 GTO, but I'd rather buy all the other stuff I like. Probably a Daihatsu Midget II (the greatest car that Daihatsu ever made) and start working on an engine swap. For a "conservative daily driver", I'll have a Nissan GT-R in a livery that I have yet to make (it exists in my head).
  • Then, the game room. A liquid-cooled (because I could afford it) PC painted in my colors, optimized for simracing.
  • And of course, all the boring house-y stuff.

All that is left over (I guess that at least $25 million has been spent), travel the world, attend all the races that I have ever dreamed about.

Or...

With that kind of money, I could start my own racing team. Budgets can vary, so I would play it safe and enter in a GT3 series (like the Blancpain series in Europe), with 2 cars with myself as one of the drivers, which would mean I would have to find 5 other drivers.

I'd pay off Feld0 and buy these forums, and become Supreme Lord of the MLPForums and ban every single one of you, but only after giving everyone a 1000 character minimum on each post, and forcing you to watch a 30 second ad every time you load a new thread. All previously banned members are now unbanned, and SPAMBOT returns from his grave. Avatar sizes are now 50x50 for all except me. Mine covers the entire page. =)

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 2

I would buy a sick computer/cintiq tablets and a purebred blue-eyed samoyed puppy at the earliest age. Then I would move immediately to the Oregon coast with my family and save up some for art school. I'll also try to collect a shit-ton of stuffed animals, MLP/LPS toys, comic books/movies/anime/video games/manga, snowglobes, arting supplies, geeky stuff and a really nice phone that isn't Apple affiliated- amen. Oh, and I need a car... I don't know what car yet. I really like the white ones with TVs though. xD I'd also die to live near a farmland/countryside- ahhhh wilderness as a backyard... not too much to ask for that kinda money, right?

Then- with the probably loads of money left to spend I'd put to good use for whoever I can help out or is in need of it. JK Rowling spent tons of her fortune on donations and I admire her so greatly for that.

First, I'd invest the lot of it. Doesn't really matter in what. Even at a lousy 1%, that would work out to an income of 700,000 per year.

Donate to charities, start some charities, get a degree or seven, retire in a tax haven in the Caribbean, or Monaco.

Depends...... How much is that in US dollars

I'd pay off Feld0 and buy these forums, and become Supreme Lord of the MLPForums and ban every single one of you, but only after giving everyone a 1000 character minimum on each post, and forcing you to watch a 30 second ad every time you load a new thread. All previously banned members are now unbanned, and SPAMBOT returns from his grave. Avatar sizes are now 50x50 for all except me. Mine covers the entire page. =)

Note to self, Watch out for Rivendare

• Brohoof 1

I don't think you guys realize just how little $70 million is. In a lifetime, the average American worker collects more than 2.5 million.

So, yeah, I get it. That's why $70 million seems like a lot. But let me say something: it isn't. $70 million is how much money you'd have if every person in America gave you two dimes and three pennies.

There's a project that's about to go under construction in my town, by the Florida Department of Transportation. It costs 2.3 billion, which is roughly 33 times that amount. Do you know what the project does with all that money? Simple. It expands the I-4 interstate for a section of highway that's only 21 miles. With $70 million, you couldn't even afford to renovate a 1 mile section of urban interstate.

The new World Trade Center One in New York is $3.9 billion. Considering its height of 1776 ft, with $70 million, you could afford to build it to a height of less than 32 feet. That's about three stories. That should give you the idea of the kind of mansion you could afford with that kind of money—if you spent it all on a building.

With $70 million, you could barely afford to fund a development studio to make, market, and publish a AAA video game. Watch Dogs, for example, has an estimated development cost of 68 million. That does not include the money spent on marketing, publishing, and shipping it to retailers. Red Dead Redemption had a total cost of around a hundred million, and Star Wars: The Old Republic was more than two times that.

Many nice cars cost upwards of a million, and insurance on such vehicles is phenomenal. Also take maintenance into consideration, especially if you plan to use it. The same can be said for boats, and especially planes and helicopters.

The current interest rate for savings accounts today is less than the 2% rate of inflation. This means that, even if you dump it all into a savings account, your will not be profiting.

Simply renovating a battleship costs hundreds of millions of dollars. Purchasing one is a hell of a lot more than that.

In order to safely live off of investments, you would need to invest practically all of the $70 million. $5 million in stocks in various markets would probably be best. With that much invested, each would be able to hold its own. But with several investments, one failure would not cause you to lose everything.

With computers, things start to look a little better. A few million can get you an entry-level supercomputer. $70 million will not, however, buy you the most elite computer in the world. The second-most powerful computer in the world, the Titan, has a total cost of 97 million. The Jaguar before it was over 100 million. For the one in the top spot, we're looking at 390 million. Even then—where are you going to put it, and how are you going to afford that power bill?

Have I made my point yet? LOL.

Yeah, it's a lot of money for one person. You can go to college with it. You can build a house with it. You can buy a car with it. You can start a business with it. You could hire prostitutes with it. You could travel the world with it. You could build a gaming computer with it.

But you're not going to end world hunger. You're not going to afford a private jet or a private island, or even a mansion. You're not going to go to space. You're not going to be able to fund a cure for cancer. You're not even going to be able to educate more than a handful of people. If you can think of something amazing that would change the world, chances are you'll still be too poor to fund such a project.

It sounds like a lot, but it really doesn't hold any water. With $70 million, you're still poor enough to have less than a tenth of the money you'd need to build the hoover dam.

Edited by Regulus

I know exactly what I would do:

1. Buy and eat oreos

2. Finish college, and give back my scholarship money since I don't need it anymore

3. Go on a trip round the world and donate a buncha money to international and small charities

4. Settle into a dependable career with a little breathing space and retirement money already stored away

Or at least, that's what the ideal would be.  I dunno the mechanics of having that much money, so I imagine the execution of this plan would be a bit sloppy.  Except ain't nothing going to keep me from my oreos.

Buy myself an extremely high quality chiptune/ electronic music setup, donate a huge percent of it to various charities, and live out my life normally. I never want to be seen as that rich guy... I just want to be normal.

It sounds like a lot, but it really doesn't hold any water. With $70 million, you're still poor enough to have less than a tenth of the money you'd need to build the hoover dam.

Thing is, I neither need not want to build Hoover Dam, so it is a lot of money as far as I'm concerned. By your own notion, it's enough money to last 28 lifetimes.

All I know is, if I had it, I sure wouldn't be worrying about money.