Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Prednisone and Pinkie Pie

Comet Tail

Well, I just thought this was interesting.

Normally it seems to us a big mystery how Pinkie has so much energy. We all know the Pink pone's wild antics and how she's always bouncing and bubbling. Where does she get it from?

From some recent experience, I don't think she actually has more energy than most ponies, shockingly enough, I just think she uses her energy differently. Recently I got diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and in the course of treatment, one of the things you take for that is prednisone, which has a side effect that makes you feel pumped and motivated, but you don't actually get more energy.

It's led to this last week or so being very interesting. I wake up, I'm exhausted, but then I shoot out of bed, and I feel like I can tackle the day. I'm somewhat tired, but at the same time I have so much energy I find it hard to sit still. I really feel like I have enough energy and drive to complete a tremendous amount in the day. But it's not long-lasting. I don't usually go six hours before I feel like I want to flop back somewhere and sleep again - having spent those whole six hours with so much energy it's hard to focus.

The net result is I actually have a serious problem with fatigue - although for a few hours I felt I could take on the world, most of the time I'm too exhausted to get anything done productively. And interestingly enough, being really tired (your eyes want to close, mind doesn't want to work) but having lots of energy at the same time (your legs bounce and are eager to prance around) results in a mindset a lot like Pinkie's as well. Lots of silliness.

I just thought this was an interesting little insightful experience into what it's like to live in Pinkie Pie's body. Energetic, bouncing on top of the day;

pinkie_pie__bounce_bounce_bounce_by_drpa

Source

Then, after a full days' of "Too Many Pinkie Pies" drama, her friends ask her if she wants to go do stuff, but there's only one thing she's up to doing:

640px-Pinkie_Pie_resting_S3E3.png

(May I note, she also did this on the train in the mystery episode as well)

eb7.gif

I just thought this was an interesting little experience on what it's like to be Pinkie Pie. Live hard, play hard, sleep hard.

Well, I just thought this was interesting.

Normally it seems to us a big mystery how Pinkie has so much energy. We all know the Pink pone's wild antics and how she's always bouncing and bubbling. Where does she get it from?

From some recent experience, I don't think she actually has more energy than most ponies, shockingly enough, I just think she uses her energy differently. Recently I got diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, and in the course of treatment, one of the things you take for that is prednisone, which has a side effect that makes you feel pumped and motivated, but you don't actually get more energy.

It's led to this last week or so being very interesting. I wake up, I'm exhausted, but then I shoot out of bed, and I feel like I can tackle the day. I'm somewhat tired, but at the same time I have so much energy I find it hard to sit still. I really feel like I have enough energy and drive to complete a tremendous amount in the day. But it's not long-lasting. I don't usually go six hours before I feel like I want to flop back somewhere and sleep again - having spent those whole six hours with so much energy it's hard to focus.

The net result is I actually have a serious problem with fatigue - although for a few hours I felt I could take on the world, most of the time I'm too exhausted to get anything done productively. And interestingly enough, being really tired (your eyes want to close, mind doesn't want to work) but having lots of energy at the same time (your legs bounce and are eager to prance around) results in a mindset a lot like Pinkie's as well. Lots of silliness.

I just thought this was an interesting little insightful experience into what it's like to live in Pinkie Pie's body. Energetic, bouncing on top of the day;

img-3010558-1-pinkie_pie__bounce_bounce_

Source

Then, after a full days' of "Too Many Pinkie Pies" drama, her friends ask her if she wants to go do stuff, but there's only one thing she's up to doing:

img-3010558-2-640px-Pinkie_Pie_resting_S

(May I note, she also did this on the train in the mystery episode as well)

img-3010558-3-eb7.gif

I just thought this was an interesting little experience on what it's like to be Pinkie Pie. Live hard, play hard, sleep hard.

Interesting-but it sucks that it would also give off other symptoms she doesn't display. At least-I figure this. I'm on Prednisone myself with UC and still pretty tired with achy joints, round face, etc.

Though, it would explain the mood swings.

Interesting-but it sucks that it would also give off other symptoms she doesn't display. At least-I figure this. I'm on Prednisone myself with UC and still pretty tired with achy joints, round face, etc.

Though, it would explain the mood swings.

Arg. Sorry to hear. Round face? How long have you been going on it? My case wasn't actually that bad until I took Lialda; I discovered I'm in the lucky 5% of the populace or so that responds terribly to that stuff (It made it go from a moderate case to a very, very severe one). Currently talking to doctors about other options.

Heheh, I guess I didn't come off as clearly as I'd hoped. I'm not suggesting Pinkie's on Prednisone, I'm just saying it's kind of interesting to experience life in a similar way that she seems to; big bounces of energy with exhaustion hitting in-between.

Arg. Sorry to hear. Round face? How long have you been going on it? My case wasn't actually that bad until I took Lialda; I discovered I'm in the lucky 5% of the populace or so that responds terribly to that stuff (It made it go from a moderate case to a very, very severe one). Currently talking to doctors about other options.

Heheh, I guess I didn't come off as clearly as I'd hoped. I'm not suggesting Pinkie's on Prednisone, I'm just saying it's kind of interesting to experience life in a similar way that she seems to; big bounces of energy with exhaustion hitting in-between.

I've been on it since July 19 and will start tapering in two weeks now that I received my medication that puts me into remission. I seriously get all the shitty reactions to prednisone. It sucks.

I don't take that medication, luckily. Though, I have other pills to take to remove the symptoms of the prednisone. (Heartburn medication, nausea medication, etc) then all the supplements. Are you ok? Are you monitored now? Shit-having it go that bad is not good. (My uncle had the unfortunate case of this triggered by cipro and worsened by meds, but it gave him a toxic megacolon instead.)

It does make sense in a sense actually that she would be on Prednisone though, oddly. Even if it wasn't meant like that lol. It makes you crave weird foods, the mood shifts..

I've been on it since July 19 and will start tapering in two weeks now that I received my medication that puts me into remission. I seriously get all the shitty reactions to prednisone. It sucks.

I don't take that medication, luckily. Though, I have other pills to take to remove the symptoms of the prednisone. (Heartburn medication, nausea medication, etc) then all the supplements. Are you ok? Are you monitored now? Shit-having it go that bad is not good. (My uncle had the unfortunate case of this triggered by cipro and worsened by meds, but it gave him a toxic megacolon instead.)

It does make sense in a sense actually that she would be on Prednisone though, oddly. Even if it wasn't meant like that lol. It makes you crave weird foods, the mood shifts..

Yeah, I'm well enough. It's certainly been an adventure of sorts, my goodness @.@ I felt a bit like I wouldn't make it when I reacted negatively to the Lialda. That was intense. I'll try to lay off the TMI, though >.<

As for the prednisone, I can't say I really have noticed much bad from it, myself. Only been on it for about 2 or 3 weeks, though, and I'll probably be starting Remicade or Humira soon, so it'll probably be a good month or two before I can start weaning off the prednisone. The flare-up seems to have made me more exhausted, but the prednisone makes me very awake in the mornings, so it's like my energy's been polarized a lot like Pinkie Pie, which is why I felt like making this thread I guess :/

Hehe. I honestly haven't noticed those things that much (mood swings, food craving). The whole flare-up has made it so there's too much crazy stuff going on at once, I'm not sure what's because of that and what's because of the stuff I'm taking for it. I don't see why Pinkie would be on it, though. It's not something you take forever and she certainly doesn't seem to have UC or have had it flare up recently :P