Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pokemon Black and White 2 Thoughts?

Twiliscael

And under this same exact logic you are proposing, since Leaf wasn't in R/G she shouldn't have been in FR/LG.

So no, that's not all there is to it.

Posted Image

I would point out that you're completely missing the point of what everyone is saying, but I really don't need to continue arguing with a broken record...especially about something as insignificant as the gender of a final boss in a video game.

• Brohoof 2

And under this same exact logic you are proposing, since Leaf wasn't in R/G she shouldn't have been in FR/LG.

So no, that's not all there is to it.

Under that logic, yes. I mean, just because a character was planned then had to be scrapped for reasons that were no one's fault but technology, doesn't mean they HAVE TO be put in games later on.

Because you could choose to play her in FR or LG doesn't mean she's the original. A remake is still a re-make the same way movie fanatics will argue that original movies compared to remakes are never the same and cannot be considered in a debate about the movie because it's too different. Artistic freedom etc.

Anyway, if they HAD added her in HG and SS then what would happen? Nothing. It's not an exciting feat. and it does NOTHING to the actual game or story.

• Brohoof 2

I guess I'm kind of interested in how they'll continue the story and whatnot, but in all honesty I just want 5th gen move tutors and a battle facility, which I'm sure these games will have.

Posted Image

I would point out that you're completely missing the point of what everyone is saying, but I really don't need to continue arguing with a broken record...especially about something as insignificant as the gender of a final boss in a video game.

I can tell that you are completely missing my point as well, and I don't want to continue arguing something where I am completely outnumbered and this is off-topic so I'm putting an end to it here. Also it was never meant to be an argument in the first place. =/

And please, keep your "facehoof" images to yourself. I was merely pointing out an annoyance I had with HG/SS. Of course it wasn't game-breaking, but it always bothered me deep down, and I know it's not such a ridiculous thing to be bothered by, but I guess I'll just have to keep it to myself next time.

Edited by Envy

http://youtu.be/-U67DXZnNxc

For example...

What do you make of these?

post-461-0-99335800-1332825587.jpg post-461-0-13567000-1332825598.jpg

Just noticed a cool thought!

In BW1 the mascots were inverted. As in Pokemon White had the Black Dragon Zekrom while Pokemon Black had the White Dragon Reshiram.

But if you notice the black box suggests that Zekrom (or whatever that thing is called) is the mascot for Black 2! Same for Reshiram for White 2! That means for a player like me who played Pokemon White (seriously how could you turn down White Forest!) and wants to continue with White 2. I will NOT be catching Zekrom again! I shall be catching Reshiram this time around! :D

Sweet!
  • Brohoof 3

My first thought when i heard about this.

"Apparently they finally ran out of gems and colours to use for titles so now they are stooping even lower to the point of numbers."

Yeah I wasn't too crazy about 3rd gen when it came out, but now that I look back it REALLY made some huge changes that have shaped the series such as abilities and double battles.

Diamond and Pearl are worth a shot. Unfortunately I found that gen to be too safe IMO. It is a lot like Gen 3, maybe a bit smaller (there was no Dive HM and I don't think it was really replaced by anything special... Defog I think... lame!). And the Pokemon of that generation weren't too exciting aside from the starters. Empoleon being the only Water/Steel was pretty awesome and Torterra's Grass/Ground typing made him a beast! The legendaries are a bit more epic in this game. The deities of Space, Time, and Darkness... pretty powerful stuff that is only overshadowed by Arceus who is alluded to being God! (Though he has no major role in the game since he's sadly event only)

And I gave my whole thing on Gen 5! Great Pokes and a deep story! One of my favorites!

I agree and disagree with about EVERYTHING you've said(not in a mean way) :blink:

I personally did not like the new Pokemon alot, but there were some GREAT ones such as Ferrothorn and whatever the psuedo-legendary dragon was. Hydrogedon? Anyway, if Black and White 2 get some kind of new interesting feature to keep me hooked, i will definitely get it because thinking back, the story was actually pretty involving. As for what you said about gen 3, that was my FAVORITE. IMO it had the some of the coolest and memorable power-houses (Metagross for example) and the region was interesting and symbolized the equality of land and water or could be thought of as the Yin-Yang.

• Brohoof 1

I agree and disagree with about EVERYTHING you've said(not in a mean way) :blink:

I personally did not like the new Pokemon alot, but there were some GREAT ones such as Ferrothorn and whatever the psuedo-legendary dragon was. Hydrogedon? Anyway, if Black and White 2 get some kind of new interesting feature to keep me hooked, i will definitely get it because thinking back, the story was actually pretty involving. As for what you said about gen 3, that was my FAVORITE. IMO it had the some of the coolest and memorable power-houses (Metagross for example) and the region was interesting and symbolized the equality of land and water or could be thought of as the Yin-Yang.

Well some will love 3rd gen and some won't! Not everypony has to agree on everything! :P

The whole land and water thing was pretty interesting. And having version exclusive villains was a risky move, but I think in the end it makes for a cool little bonus. This game was also the first game to really give more of a deeper purpose to the villains. I love Team Rocket, but in the end they are really just thieves and terrorists after Pokemon and money. (I never played Ruby so I really don't know much on Magma) Team Aqua had a bigger goal. They wanted to use Kyogre to expand the waters of the world. This would bring your Yin and Yang out of balance.

Perhaps now that I think about it, Gen 3 is really where the first step in maturing the series is taken. And Gen 5 is even more of a push for Maturing the story themes of the games.

Plus I guess Gen 3 gets to wear the hipster glasses for doing the Balance of Legendaries first, though Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem are literal representations of Yin, Yang, and Wuji (the absence of Yin and Yang)

• Brohoof 2

Well some will love 3rd gen and some won't! Not everypony has to agree on everything! :P

The whole land and water thing was pretty interesting. And having version exclusive villains was a risky move, but I think in the end it makes for a cool little bonus. This game was also the first game to really give more of a deeper purpose to the villains. I love Team Rocket, but in the end they are really just thieves and terrorists after Pokemon and money. (I never played Ruby so I really don't know much on Magma) Team Aqua had a bigger goal. They wanted to use Kyogre to expand the waters of the world. This would bring your Yin and Yang out of balance.

Perhaps now that I think about it, Gen 3 is really where the first step in maturing the series is taken. And Gen 5 is even more of a push for Maturing the story themes of the games.

Plus I guess Gen 3 gets to wear the hipster glasses for doing the Balance of Legendaries first, though Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem are literal representations of Yin, Yang, and Wuji (the absence of Yin and Yang)

agreed. i liked the game specific villains, they worked out well with the legendaries. In Ruby, Team Magma wanted to use Groundon to evaporate the ocean because their leader TRULY believed that it would make the world better, unlike Team Plasma's leader. You sir, (or ma'am) have changed my outlook on Black and White. That is hard to do, i'm rather stubborn. Bro-hoof for you!
  • Brohoof 1

I CANNOT WAIT! I love pokemon Black and White, but I wanted more from the story, Team plasma is the most interesting enemy team ever in the series. It is still debated weather they are really bad or not. Also, I CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE N, THE SINGLE GREATEST CHARACTER EVER IN A POKEMON GAME <3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Groo

On people arguing over Male Female charecters or whatever, Female all the way. Most ponies use the male, I use Female to be original or something. GRAMMAR I HAS IT.

Anyway, on BW2, OHMYGOODNESS I'M SO EXCITED SADASDASfsdgdsfgs--

It's on the DS again? What the hell, Nintendo?

Whatever, still excited!

It's on the DS again? What the hell, Nintendo?

Whatever, still excited!

They know that I don't own a 3DS yet and having a direct sequel to BW on the 3DS is a little insulting to the fans.

I actually am surprised then didn't put it on the 3DS to boost more sales, but that's fine with me! :D

I CANNOT WAIT! I love pokemon Black and White, but I wanted more from the story, Team galactic is the most interesting enemy team ever in the series. It is still debated weather they are really bad or not. Also, I CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE N, THE SINGLE GREATEST CHARACTER EVER IN A POKEMON GAME <3

lol you mean Team Plasma right?

Team Galactic is from Sinnoh Gen 4. Commanded by Cyrus, their goal was to destroy and recreate the world (basically Cyrus had a God complex).

Team Plasma is a eco-terrorist group that wanted to free Pokemon from trainers.

I love this team because they remind me of Pokemon The Movie! (childhood squee!) Where they find out that making the Pokemon fight eachother might not be a good thing, but an evil thing! GASP! Pokemon logic flipped on its head...

Unfortunately my gripe with that movie is that it gave me a big middle finger that all the character's minds were erased and the moral was completely pointless! :(

(Pokemon the Movie 2000 was better anyway! :P)

Team Plasma's belief was that battling was wrong and they wished to free them... by catching them and using them for battle??

Hippocratic? YES! Do I care? Not really!

Fighting N was pretty much right up there in my favorite battles list! Right next to the first Rival battle and of course Red!

I think you may be looking at the FR/LG and HG/SS series the wrong way. They tend to be remakes of the older games so Red is still Red since its just a remake not an actual continuation of FR/LG (which in itself is just a remake)

But Yeah that would be a cool option! Not sure how they would do it without spoiling the end. Perhaps the Professor is older and has a faulty memory and vaguely remembers an old trainer she used to know and you have to answer a few questions to remind her.

It would seem like a really silly prompt at the beginning, but then at the end it makes sense!

idk I actually did play a girl in Pokemon White so I'd feel kinda strange battling the Unova Champion and she is a boy!

I remember back when we didn't know much about HG/SS yet, there was a rumor that there would be a "gold forest" north of Ecruteak city that would have been much like Mt. Sliver, but with the female protagonist to battle at the end of it. Unfortunately, it didn't make it in the game, but it would've been pretty cool!

As for Black and White 2, I gotta admit that I have mixed feelings about these games. I played Pokemon Black, but not nearly as much as I played the other games. It was an alright game, but I found it to be too childish compared to the other games (I can't believe I'm using this as an argument on a forum about My Little Pony)

Being the owner of a 3DS, I was also kinda bummed that the games were on the regular old DS. The DS is an 8 year-old console. It is outdated. But anyway, if they manage to actually make the story different than B/W and not just add the same few "new" features that they always put in the 3rd games (Battle Frontier anyone?), then I might give the games a try...

I am excited, White Kyurem is such a pretty dragon. I hope N comes back, I loved that creeper. I wonder if there'll be new features?

EDIT: The games I found were much better than the past. The plot was better and more engaging. And the DS relase? Thank you. The 3DS makes me (literally) sick, all I own is a DS Lite. I can't afford a 3DS and it hurts my eyes anyways.

Edited by Discovery Dream

Whoops! I was thinking of the other teams while I was writing that Lol

Also...

I have to also point out that Team Plasma is in fact evil! The true leader Ghetsis's plan all along was to rule Unova by being the only one left with Pokemon! He deceived everyone and used N for his plan!

Yes, they might've had a good goal in mind, but really it was all trickery to take over Unova!

But you are on the right track with more N! I was at first really sad at how ambiguous the ending was for BW. N storms off to continue his quest to free Pokemon "the right way." And then through capturing all the Sages you learn that he is in a distant land riding a dragon...

Which of course opens it for a sequel!

A thought has occurred to me though... who says BW2 has to be in Unova?

N left to a distant land... this could hint that the game could take place in an entirely different continent! Could possibly be a new area (but probably without many new Pokemon) OR how about an old region??? O_o

If BW2 were to take place in say... Kanto. That would be interesting!

(then again this would be the THIRD installment in Kanto so that may not be a good thing! :P)

Also...

I have to also point out that Team Plasma is in fact evil! The true leader Ghetsis's plan all along was to rule Unova by being the only one left with Pokemon! He deceived everyone and used N for his plan!

Yes, they might've had a good goal in mind, but really it was all trickery to take over Unova!

But you are on the right track with more N! I was at first really sad at how ambiguous the ending was for BW. N storms off to continue his quest to free Pokemon "the right way." And then through capturing all the Sages you learn that he is in a distant land riding a dragon...

N left to a distant land... this could hint that the game could take place in an entirely different continent! Could possibly be a new area (but probably without many new Pokemon) OR how about an old region??? O_o

(then again this would be the THIRD installment in Kanto so that may not be a good thing! :P)

I love Team Plasma. First they're PETA evil and then they're evil evil. Loved that. Surely N will be in the sequl; how could he not be?

• Brohoof 3

I love Team Plasma. First they're PETA evil and then they're evil evil. Loved that. Surely N will be in the sequl; how could he not be?

Pokemon BW2

Where Team Plasma starts attacking Mario for wearing a Tanooki Suit! :P

Also...

Yes, I agree they are the bad guys! But I believe N is also a good guy. I hope BW2 includes 2 regions, a new one and a classic one :D

Forget Kanto... put in Hoenn and then we won't need a Ruby/Sapphire remake! :lol::P

LOL but Sea Sapphire has such a catchy name!

(Rock Ruby? idk)

Then we can have Dial Diamond and Planet Pearl

And then Yin White and Yang Black?? idk

• Brohoof 1

Forget Kanto... put in Hoenn and then we won't need a Ruby/Sapphire remake! :lol::P

That would be pretty neat, actually.

Although I've actually grown to the idea of R/S remakes. R/S remakes with day/night system would take away a good bit of what I disliked about R/S.

Although with B2/W2 I don't know what to expect. It may take place in Unova in the future instead of a different region.

• Brohoof 2

Although with B2/W2 I don't know what to expect. It may take place in Unova in the future instead of a different region.

Well that's my best guess, but I just pointed out that they could be alluding to something more.

If its just copy paste the same exact region just different time that would be kind of annoying, but who knows!

I'm very excited. Mainly because for the first time in years, I don't know what to expect from a Pokemon game. I love all of the Pokemon games, but the same formula will only work for so long. A risk like these sequels would have been necessary at some point, and I'm glad they're taking it now instead of forcing it on a generation with no possibility of making it work.

Well that's my best guess, but I just pointed out that they could be alluding to something more.

If its just copy paste the same exact region just different time that would be kind of annoying, but who knows!

Personally, I'd love for it to be like G/S/C - The game takes place in a new region, but then you get to go to the old region (Unova) afterward.

However, I have no clue what we can expect here, as an same-generation sequel is completely unprecedented for this series, and I don't know how much time it would take them to create a new region.