Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The brony fandom died. What do you do?

Stone Cold Applejack

Stick with it. The show looks like it'll be on for a good while yet, and the fandom will hopefully last as long. I'd say the quality of the show plummeting would be a greater risk, but I'm pretty optimistic when it comes to the approach of future seasons.

• Brohoof 1

Churn out a flank-load of fan-content, like a not-for-profit spinoff, until I get C&D'd + sued by Hasbro.

I'll watch FiM until the end of time :o my ghost'll be watching reruns in some otaku's bedroom 130+ years from now :smug:

• Brohoof 1

Continue with my incessant Rarity worship :please:

This is when we form the Religion!  :please:

It will die.

Fandoms are fandoms,   but they are not forever.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJdcROXeaWc

-fitting

What about the target audience?

2010 - Age 8

2020 - Age 18

Nostalgia

There is no frame of reference for where the fandom will go from here. You may point to Yogi Bear, Casper, and Heckle and Jeckle ... but they weren't born from the New Media Age. It's hard to say where the fandom will go, but as this thread indicates, there will be those around long after the show ends.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't care. It's just a show and fandom. Everything comes to an end one way or another. Where one thing dies, another thrives and takes its place. 

Plus just to add, there are more important things to worry about if this happened.

Edited by BeauDozer
  • Brohoof 2

I'll probably move on to another fandom. I don't think fandoms die entirely, anyway. There are many series' that are cancelled and yet fans are still making fanmade content of it. :P

• Brohoof 2

I'd just continue doing whatever I was doing before. 

I'd enjoy the nostalgia, maybe rewatch an episode every once in a while. Even if the fandom died, there would still be bronies, ex-bronies, and the type of people who might have been bronies in other fandoms, and even if this fandom dies out, the people will still be around and still be a generally cool bunch. The fandom dying will change nothing because we'll still remember that time in our teens when we loved a show for little girls, the times we shared with other bronies online and at conventions. 

• Brohoof 1

Paint myself pink and commit Seppuku.

I'm just kidding ofcourse. I'd probably feel kinda bad for some time, i guess, but you know what? There's an easy solution. Remember how your life looked like before you became a brony. You used to get by then, so it's proof that you can do it again.

• Brohoof 2

I'll still keep watching the episodes on my laptop for nostalgic reasons.

This fandom will not die until I die. There will always be at least one brony on this planet, as long as I'm alive. 

• Brohoof 2

Uh, nothing?

I'm not really invested in the fandom these days anyway. I'd probably phase out a couple of my computer's wallpapers, but most of them look too cool to get rid of.

I ain't gettin' rid of my Luna shirt just because the fandom died. That's a comfy-ass shirt, man!

Feels time. :( ...I'd be upset but I'd hang in there, ya know. As I've seen the ruins of many past fandoms. 

Very sad indeed. But this one is a bit different and unique. This will be a long ride. And the outcome, special to say the very least...  ^_^

Well I would still do my works just because the fandom died does not mean I have to stop!!! 

The last pegasister anyone?

This fandom will not die until I die. There will always be at least one brony on this planet, as long as I'm alive. 

This part strangely reminded me of the Last unicorn now excuse me so I shall draw your oc in the Last unicorn style.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of these "When the fandom dies" type threads.  So many people seem to think that five minutes after the series finale of FiM, bronydom will vanish in a puff of smoke, never to be heard of again.  We'll still be here.  I'm a fan of lots of shows that have ended, and I still watch them.  I'll still be here.  I imagine that folks will spend less time in Sugarcube Corner and Show Discussion, and more time in Everfree, which is fine.  This place and this community is too special to just die when the show ends.  It can slow down, but it's not going anywhere.

• Brohoof 4

Kickstart the show again with the help of partners and sponsorship, and gather bronies around their TV's once again.

Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of these "When the fandom dies" type threads.  So many people seem to think that five minutes after the series finale of FiM, bronydom will vanish in a puff of smoke, never to be heard of again.  We'll still be here.  I'm a fan of lots of shows that have ended, and I still watch them.  I'll still be here.  I imagine that folks will spend less time in Sugarcube Corner and Show Discussion, and more time in Everfree, which is fine.  This place and this community is too special to just die when the show ends.  It can slow down, but it's not going anywhere.

I don't think that people notice how many of the discussions here aren't fueled by the show, but by the people. We as a community make this place what it is, not MLP: FiM. As long as we're still here, the community will stay. We'll still talk about things, and still discuss the show a bit, and not much will change for quite a while. People always have trouble seeing the future. Only few ever get it right. I think Justin's got it.

• Brohoof 1

I'll keep doing what I'm currently doing. Watching the show, reading fanfics, talking on this forum. And of course living my daily life, watching a few other shows, playing games, reading, possibly getting a new job.

It's not like the fandom will just spontaneously implode the second the show ends or anything. We might die down a bit, but trust me when I say that this fandom will still exist for a long time. Sure, plenty of people will leave, but you seem to be underestimating some peoples dedication to the fictional worlds they love. Years, even decades after this show is over I can guarantee that there will still be people out there making fan works and talking about the show.

Besides, who said the show ending would be the end of anything? There are plenty of ways it could continue. There might be a spin-off show of some sort, or maybe the comics will continue after the shows end, or maybe Gen 5 will come along and be just as good, or maybe even better than Gen 4.

Trust me when I say I'm going to stick around. When I find a story and a world I love I don't let it go. To me these characters and stories are something to be cherished, they've given me comfort when I needed it. I'll still remember this show until my last breath.

• Brohoof 2

It all depends on how it dies. If it just drops off the face of the earth at the blink of an eye, I'd have a drink, say some last words, reminisce about all the good times, and move on. If it slowly began dying, I'd ride it out all the way to the end, hanging on to every last bit of it, and try to find some way to keep it alive.

Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of these "When the fandom dies" type threads. So many people seem to think that five minutes after the series finale of FiM, bronydom will vanish in a puff of smoke, never to be heard of again. We'll still be here. I'm a fan of lots of shows that have ended, and I still watch them. I'll still be here. I imagine that folks will spend less time in Sugarcube Corner and Show Discussion, and more time in Everfree, which is fine. This place and this community is too special to just die when the show ends. It can slow down, but it's not going anywhere.

that is exactly what will happen. There is a chance of an uptick as the target audience reaches that Nostalgia Phase ... but even without that the fandom will live on.

And Feld0 and co. are stuck with us

Forever!

O-0

• Brohoof 1