Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The brony fandom died. What do you do?

Stone Cold Applejack

As i said before i would move on after it completely died though at the same time i would probably keep watching the show and buying the merch where i could find it. As long as theres a few of us out there the fandom wont ever really die. Also with the amount of fans making art, music, fanfics and fan episodes it wont die for a long long time also we all know hasbro is a company what do companies care about most? Money and we are their main source of income right now and ending the show any time soon would hurt them as a company.

I would feel like shit, and I would probably feel horribly nostalgic and sad for weeks. That wouldn't stop me from following MLP and whatever little remains of this fandom.

It's hard to kill a fandom, though. And I doubt Hasbro would be dumb enough not to try to renew MLP after the G4 ends. I mean, it would probably go into some big hiatus, but I don't think they'd discontinue it forever after G4.

Also, there's stil a Harry Potter fandom; although the books ended several years ago, just like the movies. If they can survive, I think we will be able to; especially when Hasbro said they have plans for the franchise until 2019-ish. There's still a really long way untill the end of this.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Do what I've been doing ever since I joined the fandom:  Write fan fiction, watch reruns, enjoy the music, etc.  With a fandom this big, it could take months or years for it to completely die.  And even then, there'd be plenty of super-dedicated fans who'd cling to the fandom no matter how many of them left en masse and even if the show ends.  I don't think the fandom would collapse without the show.  The fandom has nearly become totally separate from the show to begin with.  A lot of Brony musicians have started to expand their music beyond ponies, for example.  We can survive without the show.  

Well I haven't really been into the fandom until recently but I collected the shift out of the merchandise and watching the show throughout the last year so Id definatly keep on watching it like I do just about every morning on netflix. I'd miss coming to talk to other ponies on this forum and the like, but you could also see all the interesting stuff the fandom has made as a piece of history since theres so much.

Probably could continue to see the bigwigs of the fandom in some other endeavors as well. I'd be sad though cause if it died, no more merchandise for me to get my greedy hooves onto. THE HORROR :(

The post below me...XD

Edited by oPinkeroo4Uo

Fandom wise, I'd sure be disappointed if it meant MLPF disappeared, I love the community here and its my only source of interaction with the fandom.

Regarding the show finishing, I would continue to watch reruns as I do with my other favourite shows which are no longer running. Obviously I would be upset when it ends but I would hope it ends well, on a high with a satisfactory conclusion. My appreciation wouldn't stop with the show's end, ponies are for life after all :maud:

I'm in for the long run, this fandom is not like any other I have been a part of, it's not like a Disney fandom I use to be a part of, as it got more elitist and exclusionary, so became passée and corrupt with favouritism. This fandom is very exciting, and so welcoming, it will not be the Carthage of popular culture, eviscerated by a substitute, so I will preserve the brony legacy for years to come, so future fans can enjoy and persevere, even if generation five is for better or for worse, we are the genesis of the brony fandom, perhaps in future we will have a great renaissance of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, as long as there are bronies to watch the show, and creating art we do have a star in our epoch, and it will glow like a beacon of inspiration no matter what may happen.  

If the fandom did come to an end, it would be gradual. You wouldn't just wake up one morning and realize that suddenly, no one is into ponies. We'd slowly start to see more bronies die, there would be less new bronies and eventually the fandom would wither away and die. On another note, I strongly dislike those people who (metaphorically, of course)stand on the side of the street handing out pamphlets detailing the near Bron-pocolypse. If you think the fandom is coming to an end, then savor its last moments. Don't spend that time being worried about the future, live in the moment.

• Brohoof 1

When I left last time, it was a much bigger thing. But coming back and seeing that it's still an active fandom gives me hope that it'll continue in some form for quite a while. 

If the fandom dies, I'll just keep going. I mean, it's not like after this, we'll just stop being friends. The Brony meet-ups and especially in Equestria LA 2013, did taught me a lot and was able to be more social and be able to loosen up since I started joining the fandom. It was a bit tricky trying to get used to it, but after meeting some friends that were also Bronies/Pegasisters, that's when I started to slowly show out my inner MLP side.

The fandom may/slowly end up dying, friendship is stronger.....ok that's a bit cliche, but it's slightly true :)

Put the former bronydom, the show on a pedestal, in a special place of my heart. And move on with my life.

Things come and go. I don't. I'll forever have a fondness of the show, and be grateful for what it did for me, but I'm sure it's not going to be in my life forever, and whenever that day comes, so be it.