Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help for making music for the fandom...

Everleaf

Right I kind of plan to make music for the fandom sooner or later but I have not had much experience or the stuff yet....

so could you guys give me some tips hopefully I will be successful or at least get good at it...

sorry if this is in the wrong topic...it's the closest I could find...

so...any tips? 

Well, it depends on what kind of music you would like to make

About what genre are we talking?

This I am not 100% about I may begin with the easiest and try the harder as time goes by...

This I am not 100% about I may begin with the easiest and try the harder as time goes by...

No genre is easy. They are all difficult to master.

The only tip I can give you is practice. Doesn't matter how weird or bad your songs sound like in the beginning, keep practicing.

What platform are you using?

Right I kind of plan to make music for the fandom sooner or later but I have not had much experience or the stuff yet....

so could you guys give me some tips hopefully I will be successful or at least get good at it...

sorry if this is in the wrong topic...it's the closest I could find...

so...any tips? 

I use FL studio with a few extra plugins if you want i can get it to you (if you want)

I would say I could give you some tips... But it depends on your genre. I make Electronic Chip music (Electronic music synthesised off of 8-bit video game consoles, like Gameboys), so I have quite a bit of knowledge in the Electronic music department, and extreme ammounts of knowledge in the Chiptune department. If you plan on getting into either, contact me and I can help you out a bit.  :)

I may begin with the easiest and try the harder as time goes by...

What Ponytheorist said. Some genres may be easier than others, but no genre is easy.

• Brohoof 1

I'd recommend using MLR forum for asisitance as they've got a wide archive of music production threads. http://mylittleremix.com/

But people here are correct. You need to decide what DAW, what synths, what genre, etc and likely watch videos on how to use all those, play with them yourself, and spend a lot of agonizing time trying to figure out what you are doing. It's not easy but hopefully you may find it's fun.  

I've been thinking about doing some fanmusic myself, but the problem is, fanfiction and fanart are easy to base after the source material.  How exactly do you base fanmusic off the source material without it being direct remixes of existing music from the series?  By that I mean, what exactly would make it "fanmusic" instead of just "music"?  This is a point that kind of confuses me and I'd like to figure out.