Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Snails' special talent?

ggg-2

• 3 months later...

Ponies, ponies! You have it all wrong! That isn't an ordinary snail... It's a RACING snail! Snails is a professional snail racer and has even competed in the under 12 finals in Fantasia!

Snail racer? You mean he races snails like this? :)

Turbo-Snail450.jpg

Woah...so much hate. What did he do to hack everypony off?

Anyway, I think it's a symbolic cutie mark, and that it means that when he wants to, he can be very focused and methodical, particularly in working with his hooves. To put it simply, he's a skilled laborer. The snail, which symbolizes his slow pace of working, is a trait shared by many of the better skilled laborers out there.

Woah...so much hate. What did he do to hack everypony off?

Anyway, I think it's a symbolic cutie mark, and that it means that when he wants to, he can be very focused and methodical, particularly in working with his hooves. To put it simply, he's a skilled laborer. The snail, which symbolizes his slow pace of working, is a trait shared by many of the better skilled laborers out there.

Its not that "they" did anything per say, its more that they are extremely lazy character designs representing negative male stereotypes and it irks people. With the amount of effort and care that went into other characters in the show, they really stick out like sore thumbs. 

• Brohoof 1

Its not that "they" did anything per say, its more that they are extremely lazy character designs representing negative male stereotypes and it irks people. With the amount of effort and care that went into other characters in the show, they really stick out like sore thumbs.

I can understand that, but shouldn't we then be asking for more/better character development rather than just flaming the character every time he's mentioned? This is far from the first time I've seen Snails get this sort of a reaction, and I really don't see how it's constructive. But I do agree, his portrayal in the handful of episodes he's been in has been pretty pitiful so far. Edited by Attack of the Pwns

I can understand that, but shouldn't we then be asking for more/better character development rather than just flaming the character every time he's mentioned? This is far from the first time I've seen Snails get this sort of a reaction, and I really don't see how it's constructive. But I do agree, his portrayal in the handful of episodes he's been in has been pretty pitiful so far.

That's hardly how fandoms tend to operate unfortunately. However this fandom in particular has a history of warming up to previously reviled characters if they have a particularly good episode with a decent amount of character development

Trixie

Gilda

Sunset Shimmer

Diamond Tiara

and I'm assuming Starlight Glimmer have had a generally positive turnaround in reception after their conversion into a more palatable character.

• Brohoof 1