Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Favorite Subject In Middle School and High School

Shine Racer

English, definitely. For one, I actually have a reason to remember the later years of it, unlike Maths and Science (I'm not exactly checking out the circumference of that many circles lately, let's put it this way :P). I enjoy writing, and I enjoy reading (well, mainly fiction, in both cases), so it was a great bargain for me, especially with the nice teachers for it and the class more peaceful than in Maths and so on  :catface:

My favorite subject was history because I liked learning about what the past was like and the notable events that happened and Elective/Access because it prepared me for independent life. Even though I disliked it at first for personal reasons, I grew to like Physical Education because I got exercise from it.

Visual Communication (AKA Graphic Design).

It's really fun, I've only just started it, but so far I've designed my own bedroom, sketching it on paper and then refining it to be more accurate and clear, then I went into a 3D modelling program and transcribed the bedroom design from paper to 3D form.

Edited by Star Butterfly

My favorite subject in middle and high school was technology*. The main reason was two-fold: I have an interest in computers, and whenever the teacher wasn't in, we'd essentially get a free pass to do whatever we wanted online.

Coming in second: geography. As I posted when I first came to this site, I like maps.

* This includes everything from introductory computing classes to entry-level programming classes to AP Computer Science.

Edited by skbl17

i always liked maths and physics.

maths depended on the teacher, though.

i had this weird one who would constantly try to make jokes to keep us interested, but it horribly backfired since the way he did it was so embarassing.

For me, it would have to depend on the school since I moved around a lot.  At one school it might have been history, another it may have been literature.  It would really have to depend on the teacher also I don't remember much of school since I was always too busy dealing with bullies...  In community college I'd have to say that most of the classes I took were enjoyable, but it was hard for me to keep up with the homework regardless...

• Brohoof 1

I can't recall ever enjoying general education class. (Math, English, etc.)

I always enjoyed my elective classes.

It's always been English. My teachers/professors are always so amazingly awesome in that particular subject. They've always made English enjoyable. I've never had an English class I didn't like.

I went to both a vocational school and my regular high school at the same time so I guess I'll put down two. Anyways I loved my Networking and Security class and I will always love History, those were my favorite classes during middle/high school.

you mean whole vocational thing in fact i'm going to that college next year. and come think of it their's lady that going talk us about this college called MCTi and might even get a tour of it surprising right 

you mean whole vocational thing in fact i'm going to that college next year. and come think of it their's lady that going talk us about this college called MCTi and might even get a tour of it surprising right 

Nah, isn't a specific college, but it is a technical school that we go to for half of the day and the other half at our main high school. Best decision I could have made though for high school, I actually ended up learning stuff that gave me a head start when I got to college.

History and band for both, I find it really interesting how different people lived at different times and what we can learn from it so much so that I am currently studying to become a history teacher. Band in both middle and high school got me to express my creative side but in the jazz band in high school I got to do that and perform in concerts in some cool places.

• 3 months later...

My favorite subjects in school were Science, English, and History. Those were the only three subjects I actually did well in too, I didn't do well in math at all and hated math more than anything.

• 3 years later...

Absolutely loved the tech/design classes I did. 

Mostly they were CAD-based, or hands-on practical work with woodworking and metalworking. Was damn good at it, too. Even got to use a 3D printer to print out some fully-assembled components I'd modelled myself. :pinkie:

Edited by SnekEater
  • Brohoof 1