Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

She does have a really cute design; I hope that she does get some sort of redemption. The others, not so much. She just seems too positive to be completely evil. Like others have said, she just always seems to have a friendlier look to her. Guess we'll see what happens.

• Brohoof 4

I actually have been thinking of something similar. She turns good, while the other two remain bad.

Seeing as how her face often differs greatly from the other two when they're all three in a shot, I think that it's a real possibility. While the other 2 look a bit menacing and evil, she's always got a bit of a friendly look on her face - a bit cheerful and ditzy, to look even deeper into it.

Like, here for example:

Sonata is all like "wassup"

I'm stoked to see her on the screen :D Leaves me wondering what they're going to do with her...is she going to be redeemed? Is she going to stay evil? It looks like it's a 50/50 split here :please:

Yep yep. The show runners aren't morons, so it can't be a coincidence that more often than not her expression is shown as a full on contrast of the other two.

• Brohoof 4

Yep yep. The show runners aren't morons, so it can't be a coincidence that more often than not her expression is shown as a full on contrast of the other two.

Well, of course, in EQG there's the infamous Luna scene, Flash Sentry, horrid pacing, the fact that if you watch it before the main series you're not really going to care about the characters much...you know, everything that makes it the Phantom Menace of FiM (except I'm weird and found enjoyment in it, and...I didn't really *enjoy* the Phantom Menace or the prequels at large, but that's besides the point) 

EQG one could've been something more than fun in a high school AU. It could've been a quality counterpart to Monster High, which is what they were wanting to compete with in the first place. It could've had good writing, pacing, had scenes with an actually point and expected the viewer to not just enjoy it because of the characters involved (ironically, that's one of the reasons I enjoyed it :derp: ), but it didn't do any of that :confused: 

I've got my hopes high for Rainbow Rocks, but they kind of moronically handled the first EQG :please: Hopefully they add a lot of quality to it to make it pass the predecessor, and I think, by what we've seen, it's Sonata that we should be watching, not Aziago. 

Why, just earlier I was talking about how she could be kind of like the bit to the right like in Chrono Trigger - the one who looks innocent, but really was the one who masterminded the game and the unexpected villain. 

Hell, it could even work without a twist and make her the good one who's always being taken advantage of by the other two because she has morality standards and eventually decides to stop and trying to convince her friends, who she sincerely cared for, that there was error in their ways, but they wouldn't listen and shun her leaving her alone and in need of friends.

I think, just by the body language we've received from her character, she's going to be the one to watch besides Rarity, who will always be #1 :wub:

• Brohoof 6

Well, of course, in EQG there's the infamous Luna scene, Flash Sentry, horrid pacing, the fact that if you watch it before the main series you're not really going to care about the characters much...you know, everything that makes it the Phantom Menace of FiM

Ha, your talking to the man who had a three year viewing gap in between one bad episode and then EQG. I tore EQG apart like cheap Chinese doll as my stood watching in horror ... and I got challenged to watch the series again. We all know how that went. I won't derail this topic too much, but yeah ... EQG had it flaws ... but some good stuff in there too. I've defended it at times even. EQG Rarity actually was VERY well done in the film ... the best of the six in fact. (I'll talk about that in the appropriate FC later).

But yeah ... point taken. They can be morons at times. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

I actually have been thinking of something similar. She turns good, while the other two remain bad.

Seeing as how her face often differs greatly from the other two when they're all three in a shot, I think that it's a real possibility. While the other 2 look a bit menacing and evil, she's always got a bit of a friendly look on her face - a bit cheerful and ditzy, to look even deeper into it.

Like, here for example:

Sonata is all like "wassup"

I'm stoked to see her on the screen :D Leaves me wondering what they're going to do with her...is she going to be redeemed? Is she going to stay evil? It looks like it's a 50/50 split here :please: 

Maybe she'll betray the other 2 :blink:

The way she looks at Adagio on that pic is kinda....weird. :P

• Brohoof 5

Maybe she'll betray the other 2 :blink:

The way she looks at Adagio on that pic is kinda....weird. :P

I'm kind of expecting that too, and since she seems not to understand Adagio's sarcasm, she could be the type who easily buys whatever people tell her. Perhaps she originally wasn't part of the Dazzlings and was persuaded into wearing that weird necklace thingy (that perhaps is non-removable or something). However, she does agree with the other two Dazzlings on how she hates the Human World, so she'd perhaps have a little hate for the people there as well.

• Brohoof 5

Ok, you guys are going to hate me for this but when all of this sounded vaguely familiar I did some hunting, and there is actually a valid cartoon precedent for one character of an evil musical group being 'friendly'. Anyone familiar with Jem? There is a character in the antagonist group that apparently becomes more friendly as the show progresses.

• Mary "Stormer" Phillips (voiced by Susan Blu, singing voice recorded by Lani Groves) – Stormer is the primary songwriter of the Misfits, Keytarist for the band, and overall creative force behind the group (though she is almost never given credit for it). While Stormer does seem to enjoy causing mostly harmless mischief, she has never done anything truly malicious to Jem and the Holograms and often expressed concern over some of the Misfits' more ambitious attempts to upstage them. Sweet-natured and compassionate, Stormer is often pushed around by the other Misfits. In the episode, "The Bands Break Up", she and Kimber forge a friendship when both women, feeling unappreciated by their band-mates, strike out on their own, join forces, and record an album together. Though Stormer eventually returns to The Misfits (and Kimber to The Holograms), she does so with new-found self-assurance, and remains friends with Kimber.

post-25990-0-69892600-1409113112_thumb.gif

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2014/8/20/704341__safe_animated_equestria+girls_frown_rainbow+rocks_spoiler-colon-rainbow+rocks_raised+eyebrow_shrug_sonata+dusk_thinking.gif

• Brohoof 5

Hey, is that from one of the artists in Octavia's Hall?

Please say yes!

Looks like Kaliptro to me, which isn't a member of MLPF :please:

They've got one of THE most unique and recognizable styles out there. Hard to miss :D I'll have to show you some of their work with Rarebear in the RFC sometime :D Wonderful artist  :please:

Speaking of famous fandom artists...

post-20419-0-54263900-1409112311_thumb.png

• Brohoof 5

Ok, I found the artist I first thought of here. No Sonata ... but he did the other two ... so maybe she is next?

That guy's art is pretty good! I like the way he drew the expressions on the other Dazzlings. I need to see him draw Sonata and all her adorableness!

_______

EDIT: I found that he is the artist who did the sketch @FadedSkies found (through an image search), he just didn't put it in Octavia's Hall. 

EDIT 2: I found a picture with all three of them in by that artist! (through another image search)

the_dazzlings_by_ruhisu-d7w4k57.png

Edited by Sonata Dusk
  • Brohoof 4