Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fallout: End of the Road

Stone Cold Applejack

Quick Strike shrugged.  "Nah, only have what I have on me.  Fell asleep a few days ago in a dive bar.  Woke up with nuthin but my hat, jacket, and trusty piece here."  He patted his revolver, sitting in its holster.  "Why, it getting too cold out here for ya?"  He laughed, and straightened his hat... 

Melody Light noticed that the fighting had stopped.When she had heard it,she had gotten far enough away so that she wouldn't be involved,but close enough so that she had some idea of what was happening.If the fight came to her,then she'd be involved. Cautiously,she began to emerge from the abandoned building.

As the fighting died down, Soprano started to come out of hiding, and saw another pony, emerging from a building like he was doing. Very cautiously, he darted to the building that the pony was emerging from, and whispered: "These guys won't shut up, am I right?", trying to get some sort of ally in this barren wasteland.

She nods in agreement.It startled her a bit when the other pony had walked up to her.Melody hadn't noticed that he was in the building.She was thankful that the other pony didn't seem interested in fighting,since she hadn't noticed that there was another pony in there.

Soprano was glad this new pony didn't shoot his face off. "At least they've come to an agreement." Soprano said. "I heard someone going through that shop this morning, thinking it was a raider, so I demanded he left. Afterwards, I ran. I hate confrontation." Soprano added.

"Ya.Me too.I'll fight if it becomes necessary,but I'm an entertainer.I don't try to get into any fights. Doesn't everypony have better things to do than shooting at each other?" It was rare that she meant a pony who didn't fight in the wasteland. "I've been called a lot of names for not fighting,but everything is already messed up,why make it worse?"

"I've nearly died multiple times because I refuse to kill unless that pony is going to kill." Soprano said. "Look, I think we should get out of here before they notice us again" Soprano said, walking off, trying to get the pony to follow him. "I know a safe house down a few blocks."

Re scavenged everything he could into his saddle pack and moved along. No sense staying here if the locals started shoot outs willy-nilly. West was no options because of things called death claws. He was circling round and round the shack like an idiot watching the compass on his pip buck go round and round. He was bored, trying to think.

@sapranoaurora

"That sounds great.Do you know the area well?" Melody asks as she follows the other pony.Then she realized that she was going to have to find out what his name is,so she could call him something other than the other pony."Hey,what's your name?I'm Melody Light,but most ponies call me Melody."

Edited by Random brony girl

"The name's Soprano Aurora. Nice to meet you, Melody." Soprano said. "Also, I don't know this area very well. I came here from the ruins of Canterlot 2 days ago. I squatted in Celestia's castle." Soprano said. "I came down here because the food was running low up there."

"The shooting stopped, huh I guess it's safe now." Re stopped wandering around and continued for the hill again. This stallion saw no one really, having not adjusted for looking outward in open space.

"Hello? Anyone who actually doesn't want to shoot?" He asked the abandoned building and the dust below. Hopefully he'd been spotted by now, by something that wouldn't try to murder or eat him.

Suddenly, Soprano heard some pony ask: "Hello? Anyone who actually doesn't want to shoot?". Soprano yelled back: "Over here!" Soprano hoped he wouldn't get shot by the mysterious pony calling out. He already had one potential thread to handle. "We're passive!"

"I'm on this hill, but I can't really see you from there. My eyes aren't really adjusted for this outside environment. I'm a vault dweller you see by this jumpsuit." Re tried to show his specified text on his 033 jumpsuit but was unable to because he was standing in the harsh sunlight. 

"Shout again so I can just run toward your voice."

"So,it appears that we're not the only ones who decided to wait out the fight.Did you see anypony else when you went into that building?" Melody turned around to yell at the pony. "Did you decide to wait the fighting out too?" She wondered who it is.She hates not knowing things.

"I like to give ponies the benefit of the dough.Besides,if I was wrong,there has to be some truth to keep your friends close and your enemies closer,right? I think we should trust the mystery pony,for now at least.And the pony may have a useful skill. I just stay ready to run around ponies I've just meant."

((I have to go!))

Edited by Random brony girl

@,@@Random brony girl,

Re took a sprint into toward the voice and saw his heads up display light up with two green, otherwise friendly, markers. He knew in his Pip-buck to trust because it saved his life from the previous explosions he encountered  with the raiders.

"I'm coming toward you now, don't shoot. Also I was going to stop the fight but they didn't hear me."

"Don't worry, i'm too busy studying to shoot." Soprano said, reading his textbook. "Where are you from, anyway?" Soprano asked, signaling him to follow him, looking at his Pip-Buck. "Hey, what's that thingymagig?" Soprano said, pointing at his Pip-Buck. "Are you from the stable?"

"Stable, yes. It feels more like a vault than it does a stable but that my salt against the nomenclature. I'll tell you my story later. Is this a safe place?" Re 360'd himself to get a better viewing of his surrounding and seeing whether there were enemy's nearby.

"Good. All clear." Re collapsed a little from exhaustion, he had no water. "I'm thirsty. Have any water?"

"I have some Spectra, but no water. You probably shouldn't drink the Spectra; it's toxic, but it gives an extreme energy boost. I save it for emergencies." Soprano said, getting the Spectra out. "I can lead you to my shelter, if you want. By the way, why would you leave the vault? I've wanted to go in there ever since the bombs came down when I was just a colt!"

"I wouldn't drink the spectra because yeah, for emergencies. I'll carry my weight until there's a clean water source to drink from. I'm pretty sure I can drink some water somewhere from a lake or anything. I'm guessing you have water there right?" He paused. "Stables aren't really my thing. They wanted me out and now I'm out. Good thing I stole their precious stuff..."

"I have plenty of water, yes. So why did they want you out?" Soprano asked. "If you know where it is, we might be able to raid it (without killing any pony, of course)." Soprano asked. He thought he was lucky living in a stable, but apparently it wasn't as good as it sounded.

"The thing is probably closed shut by now and coded in with a new pass code so I can't hack in. It's on my pip-buck but the location is a bit wild on a the trail. Had a run in with the slashy deer thingies while being attack by raiders at the same time. I'm all ears to where you safe house is." Re sighed. "I used to run the place but that was just a ploy to get me out of there. I can't talk about it now. It feels like I'm dying of thirst."

((Going to bed, I see you later.))

As Soprano and Re approached Soprano's hiding place, Soprano noticed something... different. He didn't remember leaving his door wide open. "I think I got raided." Soprano said, frantically looking around his house for anything that wasn't stolen. Nothing.

Mister Re took a swig of dirty water and hesitated a swallow, thinking the condition of the food and water was any different. From that he downed the whole bottle and avoided the taste. Re began to speak his short story.

"In my days of Stable 33, It was a simple life and simple was boring. I was the insubordinate, hacking, causing mayhem and pranking. After years of this, I guess I finally ticked them off too much. Think it was the radroaches prank I played on the well respected Overmare. Seeing that the Overmare was in no condition for his position, ever pony wanted me to run for it. I was the only one running, which was weird. They had then faked the all clear protocol a few days of my nautical rule. I was almost so foolish enough to believe them. An hour for my scheduled exodus for the 'Stable's future and security', I had hacked one of the ex-overmare's terminals and figured out that they planning to give me fake a G.E.C.K. This also gave me the location with real G.E.C.K's hidden location. I stole the G.E.C.K and proceeded with the ceremony.

"I escaped the stable with bad terms and a last laugh but the world had other plans for me. I didn't know it was so bad, like this bad. I had no weapons to defend myself, so i kept running from everything. The Stable supplies ran out after a couple days and I was desperately searching for food. Unfortunately, I ran into 'The gentle mare raider' and I was forced to exchange the G.E.C.K for my life. I got a revolver in exchange and she knocked me out. I woke up in raider's shelter with a note: "Have a nice day, good sir." And somehow now, I am here."

Re took a sigh and took a seat.

Edited by MisterRe