Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fallout: End of the Road

Stone Cold Applejack

Soprano heard that remark, but simply ignored it. "Not really. I've heard survivors on this before." Soprano said. "I've made it to run on solar or dynamo power (hand crank), so the batteries don't die." Soprano said, before noticing the antenna slouching over. "Can you guys give me a hand getting this antenna straight?" Soprano said.

"Soprano, why don't fly up in the air to get a better range, some times radio signals get jammed by the ground. They're more free in the air." Re ate his canned food in one gulp, he wasn't that hungry but it helped the taste, by that he meant not tasting the sub-par food. "Wish i was back at the stable..."

Cram removed, 2+ rads.

"I just need you to..." Soprano said, before hearing someone talk on the radio. "This is VK3A7B, I copy you VK3F2B, over." the radio operator said. Soprano was surprised. He responded: "What is your location, over?" Soprano was surprised. He rarely heard anyone on the 14 MHz band, let alone any band!

I turned away and walked off. "If I wanted to talk to a stranger for pleasure I'd get a whore." I said. "Lets go Celestia damnit. Tired of sitting here." I grabbed my stuff and looked at everyone else. "The caravan could help us if we get to them. If we're gonna get there we need to leave now. Hope to Luna those raiders aren't at Neighton."

QUEST COMPLETED: MANEFORD DEAL

QUEST ADDED: HIGH NOON

Get to Neighton and find the caravan.

Edited by Pvt. Applejack

Before the other operator could reply, the radio antenna came crashing down. He lost the signal. "S**T!" Soprano screamed. He picked his stuff up (including the radio and antenna), and started to walk off. He was very mad that he lost his only signal with another survivor.

"HA HA HA.. Heee," laughed Quick Strike, watching Soprano while leaning against a post.  "Careful now, ya almost broke u'r toy."  He push off the post, and moved over to Soprano.  "Come on now.  We're heading off to Neighware or sometin.  Ya know you'r better off with us then on u'r own."  

"It's not a toy, it's saved my ass many times!" Soprano said, before following Quick Strike. He was glad that he had his encryption method (SPR-01B) at the ready, just in case he needed to write a message so that no other pony would read it. He didn't trust any pony.

"I have a radio on pip-buck, let me see if I can actually receive a one way signal. Wait... one second." He saw the stable 033 emergency brodcast system.

QUEST ADDED: Trouble on the home front.

"Nope, screw them. Screw them to hell and oblivion."

QUEST FAILED: Trouble on the homefront.

(Realize this is a joke.)

"Thanks, but this is a special radio. Unless your radio can transmit SSB and AM on 2 MHz to 50 MHz at 5 watts, it won't work." Soprano said, before noticing the tiny antenna on the pip-buck. "I can add a better antenna on that, if you want. It would increase reception ten-fold!"

"You're really funny. Trying to take my antenna. Don't fix what's not broken, ya know. Also... done." Re didn't glance at Soprano while operating his pip-buck. "I don't think that any antenna would be better than a pip-buck. I'm guessing this technology is rare here." The radio brodcast signal was crisp but still one way. 

"Can you still talk on that thingy? We could communicate with your radio and listen on my pip-buck." Re started walking with the other two. "Cmon."

Edited by MisterRe

"I can't, they operate at different frequencies and modes! My radio uses SSB and AM, while pip-bucks use FM." Soprano said. "It would be handy, but sadly my other radios are at my house, locked away in a safe." Soprano said. "Do you know about radios as well?" He asked.

"I don't mean to interupt y'alls conversation," Quick Strike said, dryly, "but I think its time for us'n to be moving on."  He turned to Star Gaze.  "Wadda say, pardner?  We all's heading out which way now?"  He pulled on his rifle sling, and adjusted his hat.  "Time's a wastin!"

"Not much, I tuned my pip-buck antennae receiver to your parameters. After that I do not know that much. Just that Radio waves travel as light we cannot see and stuff." Re turned his radio off, and shrugged. "My schooling I never took so seriously, I like fiddling with things that either fizzle or explode."

"One minute, I'll be with you Quick strike."

"I never got school. I wish I could. I'm still 13, so I could. If only the bombs didn't drop." Soprano said. "Anyway, I need to study my Japanese while we walk." Soprano said, before getting his Genki I book out (OOC: It's an actual book ^_^). He just needed to relax a little bit.

"I was the only one to fail the test that decided my occupation inside the stable. After that I just got everything for free without actually doing anything. It was nice but it was boring. I decided to learn on my own. In the many years following. I knew more than almost everyone else. About the water chips and purifiers, hacking the terminals. I read all the science-y stuff and some of the history before the war" Re sighed. "Everyone I know probably dead anyway."

"Hacking terminals? You mean computer terminals? I have one at my house! It barely works, but it still works!" Soprano said. "I know a bit of programming on it, but that's useless knowledge now. Computers are completely useless nowadays." Soprano said, sad that his FiM++ skills are useless. (OOC: FiM++ is a brony-made programming language. Look it up!)

Re hid his pip-buck away from Soprano to edit his map marker that identified his house, It originally said 'To-loot later on' but now it said Soprano's hideout. After he showed him the pipbuck. "There is your house, and we're here. Cool huh?" Re needed to fix his P.A.T.S but that was the only flaw on the pip-buck. They never showed how to take it off... ever.

"Does it have GPS or something in it?" Soprano asked. "Man, I wish I had one of those. Heck, I wish I was inside a stable! Life out here is terrible!" Soprano stated, wishing he was at his real home, millions and millions of kilometers away. "My real home isn't even on this stupid rock ball."

Watching Re and Soprano's conversation I sighed. And said to everyone "Lets go damnit. If we miss that caravan we walk to New Pegasus. And Soprano throw. That damn radio away. Steel Rangers hunt for technology nowadays. And if you got that radio there in your hooves then who'd think they're gonna shoot first." I grabbed my rifle and walked out. "Well come on."

Quick Strike turned to Re and Soprano.  Giving them a smile and a shrug, he tipped his hat, and turned to follow Star Gaze.  "Comon, y'all!" he called back to them.  "Ya don't wanna get caught out here by y'r selves.  Ya can keep talking while walking, anyway."  He looked off into the distance.  "Looks like y'll have plenty of time to chat, cause looks like a long hike!"

"Sorry 'bout that. Yes it does. I guess." Re ran to catch up with group and soprano followed "I get kinda distracted when I talk to sompony about things and stuff. Caravan, eh? I don't think I have any money... what currency you guys run on?" Re followed the zebra. "I wouldn't be so sure, seeing my pip-buck is the most technological thing in this wasteland. I should be more worried."

"Money." I laughed. "This guys all from my own tribe. When I show them this they will let me in." I turned my head to show Re my Zuluian tribe tattoo on my neck. "Also I got these. My old guardian dog taggs." I showed him my taggs. "As for curcent we use caps just like everyone else. Just because we are zebras doesn't make us any different." Something popped into my head. "You are know what a guardian does right?" I asked

(Someone say no. This leads me to something.)

Stepping up in front of Re, Quick Strike spoke up.  "Of coursn I know!" he exclaimed, "They guard stuff!, Duh!"  He laughed to himself, and once again, started spinning his revolver around his hoof.  "I mean, what else would they do?"  He gave them a wicked smile.  "That's why I'ma called Quick Strike, cause I strike fast as lighting!"  He started laughing again...

(little better then just saying "no", lol)

Edited by nx9100

I stared at Quick Strike with a big WTF fuck. "No. Guardians are armed trained tribes men who guard their tribes. They act like a military. They also deliver food to the tribes and fight their battles. They keep order in the tribe, watch over it, feed it, and defend it. They do much more than 'guard' it." I retorded. "Without us there would be no tribes." We walked again. I spoke up "So I've done told you I was a guardian. What do you all do?"