Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fallout: End of the Road

Stone Cold Applejack

"I don't really have any job. I've lived on my own for ages." Soprano said, hiding his radio in his bag. "I've never trusted anyone. It's dangerous to do that out here." he added. He preferred living by himself anyway; it was a lot less stressful than living with others.

"Well," began Quick Strike, "I'm just a tumbleweek, rollin where the wind takes me.  Worked for a few ponies.  Most hire my services for," he began playing with the revolver again, "obvious reasons, heh heh!"  He holstered it.  "Yup, wherever there's a trouble, that's where I like to be..."

"I'm new to the outside as you can see. I used to be an Overmare of Stable 33. It was nice but they it was a ploy to betray me. Now I'm out here trying to find the pony who robbed me. No need to haste to find her though because, she'll never get passed the voice recognition... I mean locks I place on it."

"Huh. I'm the only one with a normal job." I said while keeping my eyes forward. "Wonder if that signal you got on your radio was the caravan. I mean a caravan of guardians always have a radio man." I looked around and stopped putting a hoof to the pony next to me. "Stop." I whispered. I looked ahead to see 3 large radscorpions ahead of us blocking the road. "Ain't no way around them fuckers. We're gonna have to kill em."

"Finally!" Quick Strike yelled, his pistol appearing in hoof almost by magic.  "Something I can sink my teeth into, heh heh!"  He levered the revolver at the scorpions.  "Five caps says I can take his eye out."  He flashed a smile at the others.  "Any takers?  Comon now!"

Taking my Ka-Bar knife out I said "I agree to your bet. Also I'll raise you 10 caps if I can cut that fuckers tail clean off." I didn't wait for a responce. I ran to a old crashed turned over trailer and climed on top of it. "When I say now you all open fire." I ordered. I puased for a moment before taking out my rifle and aiming. I steadied it before I shot. "Now!" I screamed.

"Ye-haw!" cried Quick Strike, as he opened up with the revolver.  The first shot was dead-on, hitting the closest scorpion in the side of its head.  "Tarnation!" he yelled, and fired again and again, six more shots, till the modified chamber was empty, each shot hitting the beast in the head, with the last taking out an eye.  "Heh, Heh!  That got 'em!"

Laughing I said "Damn I'm out 5 caps. But you're about to be out of ten." After I said that I grabbed my knife and waited for a scorpion to come near. One came by the side of the trailer. I jumped down on top of hit and grabbed its stinger and slashed it open with the knife. Now defenseless I turned on its head. I stabbed its head and sliced down making a giant gash on its head. It fell down dead. "Ones down boys but the 2 others aren't going down easily." I pulled out my revolver and shot. "Damn I missed. Fuck this revolver." I kept firing. I hit one of the scorpions 3 times. They came closer and closer. "They're gaining ground."

(Let Re and Soprano post now.)

Re was blank faced. Giant scorpions surprised him even more than the death claws, they were easily dispatched by rifles. This was a huge relief because scary as they may look, were'nt going to be a huge problem. Re aimed with his P.A.T.S and fired three shots at the third radscoprian. It hit two of the main eyes and the last shot missed.

Malt was sitting on a hillside, just outside of the ruined town of Neighton, an empty Sunset Sarsparilla bottle being rolled back and forth along the ground by magic. Whenever he would return here it was always like ripping off the bandage and rubbing dirt in the wound. He saw a party of ponies in the distance fending off giant radscorpions. Without anything better to do, he decided to watch, see what happened. He wasn't very useful in a fight, so he didn't think that him attempting to help them would be a very good idea.

I took out my rifle and began to shoot at the radscorpins with that. "Bring em done before they get us!" I shouted. "Those fat bastards are pretty damn fast." I shot again and hit the left legs. It stumble before getting back up and charging at me. I shot at it 4 times and hit it 3 times. Focus Star Gaze. I thought. Just focus and you can kill it. I resumed to fire after I reloaded. The scorpin got closer and closer until. Ffffffsssttt the scorpin stabbed Star Gaze injecting him with its posin before it turned to fight the others. I looked down "Oh fuck." I collapsed on my side and threw up. My vision went blurry.

Radscorpion 1: Dead

Radioscorpin 2: Health 75% Re and mine

Radscorpin 3: Health 90% nx9100

Edited by Pvt. Applejack

"Crap stacks, you got stung. Why do ponies not move while their shooting?" Re kept his distance while he shot at the Radscorpian with a blinded eye. Using his earth pony strength he picked up Star Gaze, his Wg meter went up dramatically but it wasn't enough to encumber him. "Quick Strike, keep your distance. I can't carry both of you at the same time."

Mister Re shot the last of his rounds, crippling the radscorpian's tail and leg, He switched to his revolver and that ran out too. "Screw it, I hope this works."

Mister Re switched to his rifle again. This time his mouth was on the metal end of it. He swiped the oversize insect with butt of weapon, breaking it and smashing the exoskeleton. It was dead. 

Edited by MisterRe

My vision blurred more. I muttered out a slurred sentence "Thank you Re." I don't know if he heard it. The sting hurt with intense pain. "We we we need to find some stuff to heal this." I turned to look out at the wasteland. "Oh shit. Look out." I saw another scorpion heading towards us. I blinked and saw nothing. "The hell?" I nearly fell off Re. "Soprano help out buddy."

Radscorpin 1: dead

Radscorpin 2: dead mine and Re

Radscorpin 3: 90% health left nx9100 and Soprano

"Tarnation!" Quick Strike yelled, while trying to dodge the remaining scorpion.  "Damn things won't stay still!"  His revolver empty, he pulled his rifle over his shoulder and took aim.  Wait but a moment, he unloaded the clip into the creature's face, finally bringing it down.  

"Whoa-we!  That Got 'em!" he exclaimed, lowering the rifle, before turning to Re and Gaze.  "Can ya do anything for 'em?" he asked Re...

My vision blurred more. I muttered out a slurred sentence "Thank you Re." I don't know if he heard it. The sting hurt with intense pain. "We we we need to find some stuff to heal this." I turned to look out at the wasteland. "Oh shit. Look out." I saw another scorpion heading towards us. I blinked and saw nothing. "The hell?" I nearly fell off Re. "Soprano help out buddy."

Radscorpin 1: dead

Radscorpin 2: dead mine and Re

Radscorpin 3: dead

Edited by Pvt. Applejack

"Broken, great." Re inspected the shattered base of the gun, it was far beyond repair. "Now all I have again is this shitty revolver." The zebra was laid stomach-side against his back. No saddle, so both parties experienced some discomfort. Mister Re sighed. "Let's go."

Broken rifle removed

Posioned Zebra added

As Malt saw the fight end, and one of the ponies lifted a Zebra on to his back, he decided he should go and see if he could help.

As he descended the hill he approached the party. "I see you ponies are in a bit of trouble. Your friend there isn't looking too well. I was watching up on the hill over there. I'm not much use in a fight, but I may be able help out your poisoned friend there." He started to root around in the Radscorpion corpses, looking for the poison gland. "One of you wouldn't happen to have any Nightstalker blood would you? If I can find one of the poison glands in the scorpions, and if we can set up a camp fire, I can make you some antivenom to help out your buddy there and you won't have to carry him all the way to Neighton to get some off the Caravan."

"Check...check that...one over...there." I said pointing to the scorpion I sliced open. "Also here's a lighter." I dropped the lighter on the ground. "I'm dying. I'm fuckin dying." I said finally coming to my situation. I moved around and nearly fell off of Re. I grabbed his mane to regain balance.

"Thank you." Malt said, taking the lighter and searching the sliced radscorpion. "Try not to move around so much, exerting yourself will just make the toxin cycle through you more quickly." He dug around in the corpse and managed to pull out a pair of poison glands. "Perfect, we need some Nightstalker blood now. Anyone know if there are any Nightstalker dens around? Or have you encountered any in your travels?" Malt asked, gathering some wood broken off of a crate nearby, and setting fire to it.

"We don't have any Night Stalker blood." I said. I got scared. "Night Stalkers may be around here but we haven't seen any traces of them." I said grunting the last part. "You can look but hurry I'm not gonna last that long." I tried to remain calm. "So now we gotta find a damn Night Stalker den."

QUEST PUT ASIDE: HIGH NOON

QUEST ADDED: NIGHT DEN

Find a Night Stalker den and kill the inhabitants of it to make some antivenom.

"Well, I used to live in Neighton. I mostly drift from place to place now, but I remember we used to have problems with Nightstalkers bothering some rancher's Brahmin from time to time, so if they were anywhere, they would probably be in a cave over in those hills that I came from." Malt explained. "Someone should stay here with your Zebra friend and keep him company, and keep the fire going. The rest of you should come with me, since I can hunt, but that generally depends on me getting the drop on something small. Nightstalkers are predators, so they'll likely see us before we see them. I should be able to find us the cave, but other than that and actually making the antivenom, I won't be much use." He continued as he put the venom glands in his saddlebags. "By the way, we should probably get acquainted a bit, my name's Malt Mix, I'd tell you more about myself, but based on the look of your friend there, every minute counts. So just give me your names and we can talk more around the camp fire while your buddy is recuperating."

Items added: Radscorpion Poison Gland(2)

Reloading his revolver, Quick Strike tilted his hat to the newcomer.  "Howdy!  Name's Quick Strike.  I'll travel with ya to get them Nightstalks."  Placing the last round in, he spun the chamber and snapped it back in.  "Re," he said, pointing at Mister Re, "You come with us.  Reckon it'll be easier with three.  Soprano," he turned to him, "Ya stay here and keep Gaze compny.  Make sure he doesn't fade out on us while we gone."  He picked up his rifle, loaded rounds back into it, and slung it over his shoulder.  

"Well, we going, or what?"

"Right. Well, they should be up east-north-east." Malt said, pointing to a cluster of hills in the distance, starting to wander towards the hills. "Keep up with me, I don't want to be the only one there by the time trouble happens. Also, if you could look for any kind of containers to keep the blood in, make sure to pick one up as well, a soda bottle should be sufficient."

Item removed:

Posioned Zebra

Mister Re laid the zebra down on clean ground and talked toward the newly met pony. "That's Mister Re, on a formal level. I don't babysit, so Soprano will. I'm guessing. I have a light so I'm also a clear choice to go inside the caves." Re came along and followed.

"Name is Star Gaze. A guardian of the Zuluian zeb tribe. Argh it hurts." I clutched my side. "Quick Strike go with em. They're gonna need someone like you. Soprano you staying or going?" I barely said the last part. "Here take this." I gave Malt my Ka-Bar knife. "I want it back when you bring the stuff."

Edited by Pvt. Applejack