Banner by ~ Zero

Antagonist group for the mane six

Buck Testa

So far all the bad guys have generally worked alone or had stereotypical bumbling sidekicks but what if what they faced was different? What about a Villain that takes an Anti-Celestia role of commanding his/her own mane six to take Over Equestria? These six do not have to be evil either (though the leader is) they just have to want to follow him/her and work together for personal reasons.

I am thinking Grogar would fill thaf role cause he seems like the silver toungue type. As for the antagonist 6 it could be a mix of Ponies we know and some new ones.

I am also down for them to be a mix of male and female in their group so a pony the size of Big Mac could be part of the team. They would be fleshed out and foil aspects of the mane six. It would end with all of them turning on the real baddies.

There has been an idea for a anti-Mane 6 ever since season 1. Most normally speculate having the group be filled with pony/griffon atagonists that the mane 6 may have faced before, and that under some changing moral light may have actually been wronged by the mane 6. Members normally inlcude Trixie (although her most recent comic depictions make this a bit difficult), Gilda, Lightning Dust and various other minor one off atagonists that come to gether for revenge. It wold also be great to show how friendship can exist even amongst villains, as you could have the group grow closer and become genunie friends, and thus allow for more sympathetic villains.

You have to be really careful with that. It can be really good, or a total failure. So far, the only time I've seen it done extremely well, was the Psycho Rangers in Power Rangers in Space.

This was an idea i was toying with a while ago. I was thinking a group representing the anti-thesis could rise up and challange the mane 6. Now, they could even go as far as displaying the same traits in terms of elements.

It'd be interesting, in my opinion anyway, if the mane 6 had to challenge another group for dominance over the elements - the other group being viable candidates and so the magic necklaces can't be used against them. They don't have to be evil, but they can be driven to oppose the mane 6 for hidden, complex motives. Just thought it'd be cool to see a villain, or rather a group of ones, being dealt with WITHOUT being blasted to hell with magic.

Badges