Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Epic Games' Fortnite (Sandbox Survival Game)

Satsuki Kiryuin

"Fortnite is described as a co-op sandbox survival game and is about exploration, scavenging gear, building fortified structures, and fighting waves of encroaching monsters. Players will work together to scavenge items they can use for building by day to build their fort, and by night defend it from the monsters..." -Wikipedia

Recently, I've been hearing some talk about this upcoming game called Fortnite. Curious, I decided to check it out. It's a co-operative sandbox survival game where players kick monster butt back to their homeland. The game features class-based gameplay, with each class having different advantages and disadvantages. There's lots of building and exploration involved, where you find resources to create an awesome fort to keep enemies away. In April, Epic Games had an Alpha release of the game. I wasn't interested in Fortnite at that time, but now it's really interesting me. Today, PC Gamer released an article showcasing new gameplay of the game, which further explains the concept of the game, and how it plays.

I think Fortnite sounds promising, I'm very curious. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dx3cxcOjXdg

Links:

PC Gamer Article : http://www.pcgamer.com/au/2014/08/25/fortnite-gameplay-video-offers-commentary-and-comic-violence/

Epic Games' Fortnite : https://www.fortnite.com/

Fortnite (Wikipedia) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortnite

• Brohoof 1

From the graphics style, and with the description

and by night defend it from the monsters.

It really does just look and sound almost like a minecraft/dayz mod for Tf2. I'll hold out hope and see if I can get my hands on it to play it, but if they want the game to make it big they really gotta pull out all the stops when the co-op survival and crafting market is flooded with all manner of games, including ones that are 100% free like unturned.

• Brohoof 1

It really does just look and sound almost like a minecraft/dayz mod for Tf2. I'll hold out hope and see if I can get my hands on it to play it, but if they want the game to make it big they really gotta pull out all the stops when the co-op survival and crafting market is flooded with all manner of games, including ones that are 100% free like unturned.

I agree, it does feel like they've taken a couple elements from Minecraft/DayZ along with TF2. However, I really like the idea behind the game and I feel like if they find their own twist to the juiced genre, they might be able to pull this off very well. Plus, it's a horde survival game.. People love that stuff. X3 If you do get hands on Alpha, please do tell us what you think! ^^

I agree, it does feel like they've taken a couple elements from Minecraft/DayZ along with TF2. However, I really like the idea behind the game and I feel like if they find their own twist to the juiced genre, they might be able to pull this off very well. Plus, it's a horde survival game.. People love that stuff. X3 If you do get hands on Alpha, please do tell us what you think! ^^

I just feel like it is really gunna have to be uniqe and well done to stand out in one of the most saturated genres in modern gaming. Games like minecraft, and left for dead already offer co op hoard survival, with minecraft allowing for a ease of building not seen in video games for a long time. I do like the idea, but I just fear for their studio that they will be lost amongst the endless sea of survival games.

And I will try to get my hands on the alpha when they do a public release.

• Brohoof 1