Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nicole Oliver's Ice Bucket Challenge

Aquaryan

For those who were at the Convention heard at the closing ceremony that Nicole Oliver decided to do the Ice Bucket Challenge, which has been sweeping the social media by storm.

Here is the link: Nicole Oliver's Ice Bucket Challenge

If you do not want to click my link, you can see the video on Youtube.

She is right about ALS:  Unlike cancer and other diseases, ALS is not funded as much by the general public.  When I, myself, heard about the disease was horrified about it.  Nicole suggests donating, but if you want to both....GO FOR IT!

Kudos to Nicole for doing it....

Not only did Nicole take the plunge, but she went one better and auctioned off the right to drench her in the charity auction, with proceeds going to ALS research. Bravo, indeed.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, at the closing ceremonies, she was chatting with a father and his son who were sitting beside me.  I do not know why, but I thought she was this kid's teacher.  I know! I know!  I should be ashamed of myself.  :blush:

I hope she shows up next year.

I wouldn't feel too bad about that. Nicole was having fun messing with people the entire convention. I watched her crash panels, randomly sit next to audience members and wait for a reaction, etc. My favourite was watching her go up to a kid, ask him about his cosplay, if he was enjoying the con and so on, and then just drop in "Oh, by the way, I'm Princess Celestia." :D The kid nearly exploded!

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't feel too bad about that. Nicole was having fun messing with people the entire convention. I watched her crash panels, randomly sit next to audience members and wait for a reaction, etc. My favourite was watching her go up to a kid, ask him about his cosplay, if he was enjoying the con and so on, and then just drop in "Oh, by the way, I'm Princess Celestia." :D The kid nearly exploded!

Something similar happened to me and my daughter, courtesy of an unannounced attendee. I was waiting in line with my daughter to get Nicole Oliver's autograph. She was playing with another little girl in line with us. That's when someone dressed as Big Macintosh came up to the front of the line. The two girls were immediately taken by his outfit, from the belt buckle in the shape of Macintosh's cutie mark to the wig and ears he was wearing. And he sounded pretty good when he said "Eeyup".

I, on the other hand noticed two other things: he didn't have a convention badge, and his eyebrows. I recognized those eyebrows.

I found out later from a friend of mine who was on the convention staff that all the DHX staff and voice actors have a blanket invitation to attend the convention for free, and Peter New had stopped in.

• Brohoof 1