Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM Blind Bag Ponies.

AlbaTross

After acquiring two of these mini ponies at Brony Can, I figured I would start a thread about them. Who has them? Which ones do you have? Do you collect them? What are your thoughts on them? I can't say I know very much about them. I had to look them up online to even learn that they are called blind bags. I don't know if they're collector's items or not, but I have no intention of trying to get them all. I just got a couple for kicks, largely because I had no idea what to expect. I simultaneously want to know more about them, and stay in the dark.

According to my research, the ones I have are from wave four. Their names are Crimson Gala and Sassaflash. Apparently I stumbled upon the clear sparkly wave, which makes them less ideal for a man's collection, but it'll probably be a while before I have any plushies, and I think every Brony needs at least one pony for their collection, so whatever. I've decided not to memorize the packaging for any of the waves, except wave four, which I have, and couldn't possibly forget(I've kept the packaging). In the off chance I ever invest in more, I don't want to be able to triangulate them to a grouping of 24 before even opening them. Oh well, enough about me. This is a place for all blind bag related discussion, so discuss away.

Edited by Tross
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I have two blind bags; Royal Riff, and Big Macintosh. They are both of the same mold, but differing colors. Royal Riff  is clear, Big Mac is not. I don't think they're special collector's things or anything but I would love to eventually get a whole collection of them. A cousin of mine has a Nightmare Moon one, and I think it came in a set with the purple sea monster from that same episode and a Rarity with her short tail. I wold LOVE to find those ones in a bag. The whole 'blind bag'concept is a creative one, but I'm afraid to start collecting and spend the money only to end up with a gazillion copies of the same thing.  :confused:  

(edited)

I have two blind bags; Royal Riff, and Big Macintosh. They are both of the same mold, but differing colors. Royal Riff is clear, Big Mac is not. I don't think they're special collector's things or anything but I would love to eventually get a whole collection of them. A cousin of mine has a Nightmare Moon one, and I think it came in a set with the purple sea monster from that same episode and a Rarity with her short tail. I wold LOVE to find those ones in a bag. The whole 'blind bag'concept is a creative one, but I'm afraid to start collecting and spend the money only to end up with a gazillion copies of the same thing. :confused:

There is actually a way to tell which pony you'll get. Every pony has its own sku. That would take away the surprise, but if you're purposefully trying to get s complete collection of a particular wave, that is the way to go. In my case, the odds of getting the exact same pony I already have is 1 in 12 if I go for the same wave, and 0 if I don't. If I get more though, I'm more interested in the surprise of it, and the novelty of adding another pony to my collection. I'm sure it could be fun to try to collect them all though, especially if you try to get all of the waves. That would require ordering some UK imports if you're not in the UK, mind you, but with the internet anything is possible. For me, something like this is an all or nothing deal. If I try to get them all, my OCD would entice me to go all the way. As it stands, I have enough vices, so I'll stick to a casual collection.

If you get any more blind bags, feel free to share what you have. It's interesting that you ended up with two males, since the odds of getting a male is at least less than 50%. Both of mine are female. What wave are yours? If you're unfamilair with the waves, you can find out more here: http://www.strawberryreef.com/Index/G4/IndexBB.html The wave I have, which is wave four, is characterized by ponies modelled after the Mane Six, and one or two other well known characters, who are also included in the set. The ponies in this wave all appear to be semi-monochromatic, glittery, and mostly somewhat transparent. It is possible that you got two ponies from different waves. Check the colour of the packaging if you still have it, or try to recall what it was. If the packages don't match, they're not from the same wave. The link above is useful regardless though, if you're looking for a systematic blind bag catalogue.

Edited by Tross
  • Brohoof 1

I started collecting them very late in the number of waves that have already been out, so I don't have that many. I've had to order a few on ebay since they haven't been sold in stores in months.

I'm pretty particular about the ones that I get. I only want characters that I really really like.

So far I have glitter Pinkie Pie, glitter Lemon Hearts, the first variant of Roseluck, neon Cadence, neon Flim, clear Soarin, and clear Apple Fritter. Oh, and the mini figure of Spike whose face mold is ATROCIOUS, and he doesn't really look like Spike at all. My brother and I have thus dubbed him "Spuck".

I would eventually love to get my hands on 3D cutie mark Twilight, 3D cutie mark Trixie, and 3D cutie mark Twilight Velvet. If anyone has these for sale, let me know. I'd be very interested in buying!

I also want Big Mac (clear or not), neon Flam, Lyra, clear Bon Bon (Sweetie Drops), Minty, Apple Bumpkin (I think she's called Apple Dazzle in merch), and clear Applejack. (Again, interested in buying any of these.)

And right now I've been waiting FOREVER to find the wave 11 blind bags in stores. CHEESE SANDWICH IS A NECESSITY TO MY COLLECTION. Also Sunset Shimmer and more Breezies. *u*

Edited by nonespark
  • Brohoof 1

I have complete collections of most of the waves ( didn't bother with the exact doubles of the mane 6 though) . I'm only missing the night time (purple and blue bags) wave and I have some but not complete of the last 2 or 3 waves that just came out.

This isn't an update to date picture but it's most of them.

post-11698-0-36772400-1413577069_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lady Leopardess
  • Brohoof 3

I have quite a few. I have 9 from wave 1, 3 from wave 2, 2 from wave 3, none from wave 4 or 5, 6 from wave 6, 19 from wave 7, and 3 from wave 8. I also have a collector's book that cover waves 1-7, the UK waves, and other mini figures! Right now I am trying to find all the wave 1 figures to finish that collection.

• Brohoof 2

I saw these today at the store, and am interested in buying some. They're cute, and the fantastic collections that I see are really inspiring me. I'll pro'lly get some the next time I go out to Meijer's, since that's where I see them the most.

I saw the Gilda/griffin one on the, and was thinking - ME WANT.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I bought four blind bags today while Christmas shopping. My friend is also a Brony, so I got two for him to put on top of his gift, and they were only $3 each so I couldn't resist snagging a couple for myself, which I won't be opening till Christmas. Heck, maybe when we exchange gifts I'll bring my blind bags(if we don't do it at my place), and we can open them together. What I bought is a surprise even to me, so it's going to be something to look forward to. Research indicates they're wave 11, but that's all I want to know at this point. I haven't even bothered to look at the general design for this particular wave.

Edited by Tross

Sounds like some of you are pretty serious about collecting this stuff. That's an impressive collection Lady Leapardess. :o

Thanks!  acquired some more when I went to Walmart for the latest glittery wave. I just wish people weren't hiking up the prices of indvidual blind bags on ebay so much and it's not even for canon show characters. >_>

I was super psyched though because I got the newest wave (with sunset shimmer,cheese sandwich etc) box with all 24 from hasbro's toyshop today (did it on black friday when it was 10% off and free shipping) even in general though if you're planning to get all of the wave it's the cheapest way to go . It was like 46$ for a box of 24. (and I'm not sure if it's luck or how it's always packaged ,which might be the case but I got one of each one no repeats) .  :muffins:

I used to be into collecting blindbags...I've got a translucent Spitfire, Soarin, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie. As well as normal variants of the other mane 6, munis FLuttershy..At the time, Fluttershy was just a repainted Rainbow Dash, which was lame as all hell. But now, she's got her own mold,and I've been trying to get one..but to no avail. She's the only blind bag I have any interest of right now, Other than Discord an the princesses...I've been looking for them as well.

P.S. If anyone has doubles of the new Fluttershy, that they'd be willing to ship,PM me..I'll gladly throw a bit of cash your way for said Blindbags.That is if shipping won't be too costly. ;)

I used to be into collecting blindbags...I've got a translucent Spitfire, Soarin, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie. As well as normal variants of the other mane 6, munis FLuttershy..At the time, Fluttershy was just a repainted Rainbow Dash, which was lame as all hell. But now, she's got her own mold,and I've been trying to get one..but to no avail. She's the only blind bag I have any interest of right now, Other than Discord an the princesses...I've been looking for them as well.

P.S. If anyone has doubles of the new Fluttershy, that they'd be willing to ship,PM me..I'll gladly throw a bit of cash your way for said Blindbags.That is if shipping won't be too costly. ;)

Blind bag new fluttershy is same as her in the elements of harmony figurine set. I can't remember if you can still buy it on hasbro's site but you might be able to find that set in stores. It's a tad more expensive th

an the three figurine set but it does come with cool figurines ( manticore , the dragon from that (steve?) , etc)

It's cheaper if you can find it in a big box store

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Elements-Collection/dp/B00CX5X430

Edited by Lady Leopardess

I got one 1 or 2...0

Rainbow Dash

Fluttershy(With glitter)

Fluttershy

Snips

Junebug

Ribbon Wishes

Strawberry Sunrise

Rainbowshine

Sunshower Raindrops

Peachy Sweet

Pinkie Pie(With glitter)

Royal Riff

Berryshine

Peachy Sweet

Applejack

Sea Swirl

Big McIntosh

Apple Honey

Shoeshine

Amethyst Star

Fluttershy

Nurse Snowheart

Mr. Cake

Lily Valley

Grape Delight

Prism Glider

Rainbow Dash(Rainbow-Power)

Honey Rays

Lavender Fritter

Tropical Storm

Some of the non-canon ones have glitter too

I have some of them. I am not sure if I want to collect them all since they're expensive. I do like the glittery ones best.

You don't hsve to collect them all. They aren't that expensive if you just get one or two at a time, and for me, it's not really about having a collection so much as having a few ponies that are fun to look at periodically, and as I've said before, the element of surprise is a big pull for me. The two I currently have are from wave 4, which to my understanding is a special edition wave that sounds like the kind of thing I only could have gotten from the con I went to, so that's kind of neat, even though this wave is one of the girliest, being clear and glittery, and everypony is mostly monochromatic and modeled after the mane six making it one of the less detailed and show accurate waves. I do think Sassaflash looks good in all green, mind you. I'm expecting the wave 11 ones to look way more like actual FiM ponies, but this wave is so common right now so the novelty of having wave 4s still stands. Edited by Tross
  • Brohoof 1

I just have this one. I had to find it on eBay.

post-24370-0-53313500-1417642324.jpg

Someone actually might have put some effort into making it :blink::o

That's a shocking concept, isn't it? :wau:
Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 1

My friend and I finally exchanged gifts and we opened our blind bags. My friend is unsure where he has room to put them, mind you. We opened one each together and opened the other one later so we could text about it. By a crazy coincidence, the ones we opened together are both Breezies. He got Lilac Breezie, while I got Cloudia Breezie. Note that there are only three Breezies in Wave 11. The statistical unlikelihood gets even more staggering as the one my friend opened at his house is another Cloudia Breezie. All this story is missing is Sunny Breezie, but no, I didn't get one. I'm beyond satisfied with what I did get though. I actually scored a Mane Six pony! I got Fluttershy! I'm excited about that.

I haven´t got many blind bags, wave 7 is the only one that I have seen in the stores in my country, I have:

Wave 7:

Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Banana Bliss, Apple Fritter, Misty Fly and Spitfire.

Wave 10 (I bought it in the US)

Snipsy snap