Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching When the Clock Stops (OOC)

Descant

The ancient manor stands, lonely at the crest of a hill in the middle of nowhere. All is quiet. The wind doesn't whistle through the grass, which doesn't grow; the beautiful stone carvings and statues gleam like the day they were borne, lighting the small family graveyard in their beauty, and Old Grandfather Clock stands, appearing as he did in the days of his prime, awaiting his guests. As this is how he chooses to present himself.

A skilled unicorn, Grandfather Clock can use his magic to manipulate the passage of time. He can't stop time, merely alter the way it flows. Despite his extreme age, he looks no older than any of his great-great-great-howevermanytimesgreat-grandchildren, in the prime of his 20's. By keeping his manor in a sort of temporal stasis, he allows himself to avoid having to do yardwork.

Grandfather Clock has recently sent out invitations to many of his younger friends and relatives, inviting them to dinner and to spend the weekend with him in his manor. There's plenty to do in a place like this, plenty of history and fun to be had. assuming M. Night Shyamulean doesn't decide to include any plot twists.

-----------------------

As a friend or young relative of Grandfather Clock, you are invited to his lonely manor for the visit Grandfather Clock is planning! To join this roleplay, please examine the following rules, and then fill out the appropriate application:

Rules

Rules-

No powerplaying/god modding 
No Mary/Gary Sues
No alicorns, please. Try and keep your characters canon.

Romance is allowed, but don't go overboard with it. This is (kind of) a party RP, but don't overdo it.
No NSFW or R34 Content. Keep it rated PG!  :)
One character per person! I might change my mind if you ask nicely, but I probably won't.
You may only control someone else's OC with their permission 
Please try to be active and online at least five days of the week. So... Post at least once everyday, please!  :D
Good grammar, people! A mistake or two is fine, but not too much, or I'll ask you to leave.

As DM for this RP, I have every right to turn players away, even after it's started. Don't complain if I do; I don't enjoy it any more than you do. I am, however, willing to work with you.
Last but not least... Have fun!

Application:

(Fill out like the OC you're applying with might)

What's your name?

Are you a stallion or a mare?

What kind of pony are you?

How do you know Grandfather Clock?

Are you related to Grandfather Clock?

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do?

Anything else?

Link to page:

Cast list:

Bard as Grandfather Clock, the youthful elderly unicorn who is Grandfather Clock's Grandfather Clock.

Bard as Sunburst and Moonstruck, the author sisters, Grandfather Clock's Nieces.

Rockshire as Stellar Nova, who isn't a chick, but is Grandfather Clock's old business partner.

Fire Sky as NoxHene Dimer, a good puppy, and an old friend of Grandfather Clock's.

Athrun Zala as Arctic Frost, the coldblooded, warmhearted rocker friend of Grandfather Clock's.

-------------------------

@,

What's your name?: Nox-Hene Dimer (Nox for short)

Are you a stallion or a mare?: Mare

What kind of pony are you?: Pegasus (Werewolf though she probably wont be changing at all throughout the RP...unless there's a full moon or they get into trouble or some crap like that)

How do you know Grandfather Clock?: Old time..."Friends". While travelling through Equestria, Nox happened across him in Canterlot. They chatted a bit and eventually became friends. However, that was many years before this had taken place and since then they hadn't talked much (Don't know how well that works with the invites and such)

Are you related to Grandfather Clock?: No

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do?: (assuming that we may come up with whatever response to this question that comes to mind) He insulted (Perhaps not fully on purpose) her species and traditions. Since then she'd been rather...distant from him.

Anything else?: Just kinda throwing this in on a whim. I rarely RP on forums any more so...*wiggles*

Link to page: Yes its on another site...I like the setup.

I'm just going to roleplay this whole sheet cause, you know, roleplaying.

What's your name? Atlas Lightfeather

Are you a stallion or a mare? Stallion last time I checked... Yep. Still a stallion

What kind of pony are you? Pegasus

How do you know Grandfather Clock? Interesting story that is. I stumbled upon his place when I got lost out in the middle of nowhere. I stayed at his mansion for the night and I was off. I kept in touch and visited sometimes. Interesting fellow he is.

Are you related to Grandfather Clock? Do I look like a unicorn?

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do? He can be somewhat insensitive. He's good at crushing other people's conversions sometimes. Maybe I just caught him in a bad mood? I was going on about something and he just stopped me suddenly in the most annoyed and angry tone. I suppose it wasn't that bad but I didn't like it at the time.

Anything else? Not that I can think of. I do remember I spent hours talking to him about his assortment of antiques. That's all.

Link to page: See signature.

I like the idea of Grandfather Clock. I want t this RP take off and hopefully not die a slow and horrible death.

What's your name?: Stellar Nova.

Are you a stallion or a mare?: Let's go ahead and get this off the table now. I am a full-bred stallion. NOT a mare...

What kind of pony are you?: Unicorn.

How do you know Grandfather Clock?: Oh, Stopwatch, that old geezer... We were the best of partners! Occasionally, I'd come all the way from Vanhoofer just to talk and catch up with him! Not to mention he's even given me a few money tips for life.

Are you related to Grandfather Clock?: Not at all. 

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do?: Oh, I'll just say that a few business ideas we preplanned happened to go right down the toilet... I've learned to forgive and forget, but he was the reason why I lost a good 500k bits...

Anything else?: I know not to hold a grudge. But... I just wish that SOME action could take place. Like, take a bit of his own money from him...

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/stellar-nova-r7117

Quick note, guys. You don't have to be a Unicorn to be related to Grandfather Clock. The Cakes prove that pony race is a very fluid thing, and there's at least two generations between Grandfather and your OCs, most likely. 

It's important for your OCs to have been seriously upset with Grandfather Clock at some point in time, even if they aren't anymore. You'll find out why later.

What's your name?: Nox-Hene Dimer (Nox for short)

Are you a stallion or a mare?: Mare

What kind of pony are you?: Pegasus (Werewolf though she probably wont be changing at all throughout the RP...unless there's a full moon or they get into trouble or some crap like that)

How do you know Grandfather Clock?: Old time..."Friends". While travelling through Equestria, Nox happened across him in Canterlot. They chatted a bit and eventually became friends. However, that was many years before this had taken place and since then they hadn't talked much (Don't know how well that works with the invites and such)

Are you related to Grandfather Clock?: No

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do?: (assuming that we may come up with whatever response to this question that comes to mind) He insulted (Perhaps not fully on purpose) her species and traditions. Since then she'd been rather...distant from him.

Anything else?: Just kinda throwing this in on a whim. I rarely RP on forums any more so...*wiggles*

Link to page: Yes its on another site...I like the setup.

I'm typically not a big fan on non-ponies, but you've always been the exception to that rule, and I know you pull it off well, so... Accepted.

Do you want Grandfather Clock, or indeed, anybody, to know about your OC's... Um... Condition?

I'm just going to roleplay this whole sheet cause, you know, roleplaying.

What's your name? Atlas Lightfeather

Are you a stallion or a mare? Stallion last time I checked... Yep. Still a stallion

What kind of pony are you? Pegasus

How do you know Grandfather Clock? Interesting story that is. I stumbled upon his place when I got lost out in the middle of nowhere. I stayed at his mansion for the night and I was off. I kept in touch and visited sometimes. Interesting fellow he is.

Are you related to Grandfather Clock? Do I look like a unicorn?

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do? He can be somewhat insensitive. He's good at crushing other people's conversions sometimes. Maybe I just caught him in a bad mood? I was going on about something and he just stopped me suddenly in the most annoyed and angry tone. I suppose it wasn't that bad but I didn't like it at the time.

Anything else? Not that I can think of. I do remember I spent hours talking to him about his assortment of antiques. That's all.

Link to page: See signature.

I like the idea of Grandfather Clock. I want t this RP take off and hopefully not die a slow and horrible death.

Glad you like Grandfather Clock! ^_^ 
Hopefully there isn't any kind of death involved in happening to this RP. Should be fun. :P

I like your character, and I'd like to accept you. I probably will. But I think I'll ask you to take another look at the whole "offense" thing first. Grandfather Clock has to have done something once that seriously got your OC riled up at him. Maybe they were adventuring once, and he made a controversial, unusual decision, and sprung a trap, the consequences of which nearly cost your guy his leg? I dunno, you know your OC better than me. But Clock is kinda erratic like that.

I wouldn't ask something like that in the application form if it wasn't important. Clock has to have had a history with all the characters involved in the play.

What's your name?: Stellar Nova.

Are you a stallion or a mare?: Let's go ahead and get this off the table now. I am a full-bred stallion. NOT a mare...

What kind of pony are you?: Unicorn.

How do you know Grandfather Clock?: Oh, Stopwatch, that old geezer... We were the best of partners! Occasionally, I'd come all the way from Vanhoofer just to talk and catch up with him! Not to mention he's even given me a few money tips for life.

Are you related to Grandfather Clock?: Not at all. 

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do?: Oh, I'll just say that a few business ideas we preplanned happened to go right down the toilet... I've learned to forgive and forget, but he was the reason why I lost a good 500k bits...

Anything else?: I know not to hold a grudge. But... I just wish that SOME action could take place. Like, take a bit of his own money from him...

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/stellar-nova-r7117

Lol. You're in.

My OC sisters are gonna be all over Stellar. For very different reasons. xD

• Brohoof 1

What's your name? Arctic Frost.

Are you a stallion or a mare? Definitely a stallion.

What kind of pony are you? Pegasus, loud and proud.

How do you know Grandfather Clock? When I met the guy, I wasn't sure what to think. He's been alive for HOW LONG? Surely he's seen some bands come and go if he's been around for, like, FOREVER. I told him about a concert Razorwing was playing in Canterlot, thought I'd invite him to see some REAL music.

Are you related to Grandfather Clock? Nah.

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do? Talked down about my musical style...man, I swear, nopony appreciates metal nowadays.

Anything else? Nah.

Link to page: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/arctic-frost-r2561

• Brohoof 1

What's your name? Arctic Frost.

Are you a stallion or a mare? Definitely a stallion.

What kind of pony are you? Pegasus, loud and proud.

How do you know Grandfather Clock? When I met the guy, I wasn't sure what to think. He's been alive for HOW LONG? Surely he's seen some bands come and go if he's been around for, like, FOREVER. I told him about a concert Razorwing was playing in Canterlot, thought I'd invite him to see some REAL music.

Are you related to Grandfather Clock? Nah.

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do? Talked down about my musical style...man, I swear, nopony appreciates metal nowadays.

Anything else? Nah.

Link to page: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/arctic-frost-r2561

Looks good to me. :3

I'll be adding you to the roster now, then.

@,

What's your name? Flash Note

Are you a stallion or a mare? Stallion

What kind of pony are you? Unicorn

How do you know Grandfather Clock? I was out in a park one day, my laptop with me and I was composing some music. He must have been watching me for a while when I'd turn to face him. Of course I was shy at first but he didn't seem like that bad of a guy.

Are you related to Grandfather Clock? No

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do? He had told me I wouldn't make it far in the music industry with my style of music

Anything else? Not that I can think of...

Link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/flash-note-r5473

Edited by Marathon
  • Brohoof 1

@,

What's your name? Flash Note

How do you know Grandfather Clock? I was out in a park one day, my laptop with me and I was composing some music. He must have been watching me for a while when I'd turn to face him. Of course I was shy at first but he didn't seem like that bad of a guy.

Are you related to Grandfather Clock? No

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do? He had told me I wouldn't make it far in the music industry with my style of music

Anything else? Not that I can think of...

Link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/flash-note-r5473

That should work. Accepted.

What's your name? Equinox Sin
How do you know Grandfather Clock? I know him because he taught me a small...time spell that only slows stuff down but I forgot how to cast it
Are you related to Grandfather Clock? I don't think so...am I?
Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do? First off don't assume he has done anything bad to me and second; yes he froze me in time at one point
Anything else? I get to keep the katana right?

Link to page:http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/equinox-sin-r3019

What's your name? Equinox Sin

How do you know Grandfather Clock? I know him because he taught me a small...time spell that only slows stuff down but I forgot how to cast it

Are you related to Grandfather Clock? I don't think so...am I?

Grandfather Clock is not always the most sensitive or sensible pony. Has he ever done anything to upset you? Of course he has. What'd he do? First off don't assume he has done anything bad to me and second; yes he froze me in time at one point

Anything else? I get to keep the katana right?

Link to page:http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/equinox-sin-r3019

Have to ask a couple of questions, if you don't mind. :P

I'm assuming what Grandfather did to offend your OC was worse than that, and he just doesn't want to talk about it? kind of from the way it's phrased.

Who's Deranged? Mentioned a couple of times in Equinox's description. Another OC?

Deranged is more of a alternate side of Equinox and They way it is phrased yes he doen't want to talk about it

You could just message me whatever it was that happened. These offenses are pretty relevant. I wouldn't ask otherwise.

I'm typically not a big fan on non-ponies, but you've always been the exception to that rule, and I know you pull it off well, so... Accepted.   Do you want Grandfather Clock, or indeed, anybody, to know about your OC's... Um... Condition?

Assuming that he is quite experienced in life and shit, he probably would. She doesn't try to keep it hidden and for those people out there who know of the Mal, being a werewolf is a huge part of their culture since they do spend the first fifteen to twenty years of their lives learning to control it. She's quite proud of it and when the subject comes up she's often eager to talk about her experiences and the process. Long story short, yeah he'd probably know xD

• Brohoof 1

Assuming that he is quite experienced in life and shit, he probably would. She doesn't try to keep it hidden and for those people out there who know of the Mal, being a werewolf is a huge part of their culture since they do spend the first fifteen to twenty years of their lives learning to control it. She's quite proud of it and when the subject comes up she's often eager to talk about her experiences and the process. Long story short, yeah he'd probably know xD

Okey doke :3

Deranged is more of a alternate side of Equinox and They way it is phrased yes he doen't want to talk about it

Alrighty. I'll be adding you to the list. I'll start the RP up in a bit. Wanna get some homework done before I buckle down for the start of an RP tonight.

• Brohoof 1

I feel like Im the only one in school who does not get homework

Probably.

I'm in my third year at University. Taking like 18 credit hours' worth of classes this semester.

I feel like Im the only one in school who does not get homework

First year of Uni for me. And let's just say that I don't get as much as I should. 

inb4 I jinx myself

First year of Uni for me. And let's just say that I don't get as much as I should. 

inb4 I jinx myself

Don't worry. You'll get there.

I'll try to have this RP up by some point today. Failing that, I can at least guarantee by before tomorrow's over. Sorry, guys. Suddenly I'm fairly busy.

@,

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!! Any specific way you want us to jump in or just kinda...whatever works? 

Oh to hell with it. I'M POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really. Just walk in. The gates are still open, and Grandfather Clock's waiting just inside them.

If your OC's just showing up for the free food and doesn't want much to do with GC, then you can just walk them inside to where Sunny and Moony are.

Not really. Just walk in. The gates are still open, and Grandfather Clock's waiting just inside them.

If your OC's just showing up for the free food and doesn't want much to do with GC, then you can just walk them inside to where Sunny and Moony are.

Oh...the gates are open xD Lemme fix my post real quick