Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on Flash Sentry Haters

Mantis01

People here aren't understanding that the Mane 6 are maturing, and usually, in life, when you mature, you find a mate. I know it must feel a little weird to see someone you have seen go without a relationship for the duration of the show suddenly hop into a crush with some random young man, but that's how life is. I believe that the Mane 6 wouldn't stay single forever, after all.

Me? I think Flash Sentry is cool, although he is very, very cliche.

excatly thats how i think about mane six, they pretty much a grown woman..err or mare to be precies of course

I said it before and I'll say it again; Give Flash some genuine character development and a cohesive personality and people will like him. 

So far he could have been edited out of all three movies with next to no differences to the stories flow what so ever. He's literally an unnecessary character. 

• Brohoof 1

I still find it pretty funny that people give Flash Sentry such a hard time for his relationship with Twilight for having no personality when she is shipped with background ponies of all people.

As well as how the whole MarbleMac ship is pretty popular despite the relationship between Marble Pie and Big Mac having much less substance than even Flashlight does.

• Brohoof 3

I like Flash Sentry, but sorry, I didn't like his relation with Twilight in the movie.

He looks like a good character, and as long as he stays away from Twilight in the season 5 (or if they just becomes friends, which is unlikely), I wouldn't mind.

I just dislike the idea of one of the mane 6 falling in love with a stallion. -_-

What about Rarity? She has fallen for many stallions in the series..  :confused:  :pout:

Some of them have valid reason for hating the character. While some of them don't.

Maybe, but I think those valid reasons are not enough to HATE him. Dislike, sure, but hate is kinda extreme  :twi:

(edited)

I don't hate Flash Sentry. I just think It's kinda dumb that when Twililight was a "human" she started to like a human guy even when she has never seen one before. It's just like marrying a tree (which strangely has been done :wacko:.)​ But no I don't want to pair my OC with Twilight. Honestly, I think they would hate each other, and Twilight should have interests in ponies not humans.

Edited by ethritt

Flash Sentry has legitimate haters? Meh. I often forget he actually exists, so when he does show up in the movies it really catches me off guard.

He hasn't really done enough for me to like him, nor done anything for me to hate him.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an opinion and so I can't say much. Yes, I think the reasons are correct on why people hate Flash Sentry but there may be better reasons.

I just feel that he's boring and bland and doesn't play that big of a role. Not because I want to ship or anything, I don't ship. Hate is a bit of a harsh word here, maybe they *dislike* him because they want to ship. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't dislike him because he was paired with Twilight I disliked him because to me he was just a boring character no personality, he is controlled by a pretty face and even as a guard he still had no personality I mean snips and snails had more personality in one finger/hoof then he did in the whole movie and he is the stereotypical pretty boy and nothing more, but that is solely my opinion. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I dislike him because he has no character whatsoever and his only purpose is to be a love interest. It has nothing to do with shipping!  :okiedokieloki:  :okiedokieloki:  :okiedokieloki:

Edited by Babyyoshi309
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

the hate towards Flash is really getting on my nerves. The guy's not so bad if you just get to know him. Heck, my non-canon O.C gets along with him just fine. Why do I not hate Flash? Because I don't judge at first glance no more, a true brony is suppose to be loving and tolerate. Ignoring this principal would result in severed bonds.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The way I see it, people just didn't like the idea of Twilight getting a love interest. Especially an out of the blue one.

To make matters worse, it was with a human. I suppose to some people it was like Hasbro giving the thumbs up to cloppers and shouting "Yeah she's into you too, bruh."

I don't quite think there's any reason to hate him. More often then not it feels like people hate him because they feel like they need to hate him.

Even the comics have caught onto the-fun-to-hate character angle for Flash and poke fun at him whenever he shows up.

Edited by Lucky Star
  • Brohoof 3

the hate towards Flash is really getting on my nerves. The guy's not so bad if you just get to know him. Heck, my non-canon O.C gets along with him just fine. Why do I not hate Flash? Because I don't judge at first glance no more, a true brony is suppose to be loving and tolerate. Ignoring this principal would result in severed bonds.

it's a little bit different. yes, we're meant to be loving and tolerate (Though they have never saidt hat in the show) it doesn't mean we have to like the guy. "your non-canon oc gets along with him" on what basis? :/ no offence dude, but theres no way to tel if an oc would get along fine with a..'canon' character. Example

I have done rp's with my oc vlad with some canon characters. Say. Pinkie, in the rp, they might get along, but if in ANY chance equestria was 'real' then they might not. but the main point of is the "A true brony is meant to be loving" which is untrue, a true brony is themself. No point in changing yourself to like a dull, bland character that has the story of a potato. i respect people that like him, i don't care. But they need to understand that there are people who simply don't like him, not due to shipping, not due to him being a love interest, just due to him being boring. Just like how someone can say "I don't like twilight" or "I dont like rarity."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Since human Twilight is on the scene now, nobody has to care about Flash pining for Pony Twilight anymore. Pony Twilight is not going to give up her pony life for human Flash. 

Edited by Singe

Since human Twilight is on the scene now, nobody has to care about Flash pining for Pony Twilight anymore. Pony Twilight is not going to give up her pony life for human Flash. 

that makes you wonder if human Flashy would give up his human life for pony Twi though :huh:

• 2 months later...

I hope MLP crew see this conflict... and find a solution for these war... (kinda war) , in the pro side they want a flash sentry,

meanwhile in the haters side they don't want a flash sentry , and i found that most of the haters don't like flash sentry because the relation , not the personality or the character . yes , they are jealous of lash sentry because they are fanatic with twilight , and really love twilight .I think it will be fine if twilight and flash sentry relation is just a friend , for the pro side and haters.we have to end this war ,  this could be confusing newbie brony . back to the pro side , what the pro side want that I found from blogs and forums , I see they wanted a flash sentry to be added to the story , to make the story interesting ,  and some of them don't mind the relation between flash and twilight (crush , friend , boyfriend , etc) . I hope this war is ended  and the crew find the way out from this conflict. 

#Pleasestopit 

really stop this 

agree?...

Edited by kevinGA270
  • Brohoof 1