Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Impact Reviewers Have On the Perception of MLP

LZRD WZRD

I never let reviews influence my likes.  I like watching and reading them just to get other peoples' takes on the show or movies, but I give things a fair chance.

I tend to not watch MLP analysis videos or reviews at all. The way I see it, the impact can be similar to video game reviews if others let it be so. Sometimes a game review will make someone actually enjoy a game less than others if the score wasn't too good or not as good as they thought it would be. That's why it is best for others to formulate their own opinions but they can use the reviews as a basis to start from. If that makes sense. Video games are a bit different as those are pricey and attention to reviews can be crucial for some with low budget, not so much the case with FiM. Reviews can also give people something to compare their own opinions too and see how they differ or see how they are similar, but again, it still is best for one to have their own opinion when approaching things like that. I don't even know if I am making any sense here.

Also, I do find the extreme popularity of some 'analysts' in the Brony community to be a bit...baffling.

Mr enter is best reviewer

• Brohoof 1

Mr enter is best reviewer

Agreed. He's the only one who holds strong opinions (not a please everyone kind of person like Dr Wolf), doesn't nitpick things to death (Digi), and doesn't put forth ridiculous criticisms of episodes to try and imitate better reviewers (Tommy).

• Brohoof 1

Agreed. He's the only one who holds strong opinions (not a please everyone kind of person like Dr Wolf), doesn't nitpick things to death (Digi), and doesn't put forth ridiculous criticisms of episodes to try and imitate better reviewers (Tommy).

lol agreed

and his other stuff is awesome as well.

(Animated Atrocities, Admirable Animations)

• Brohoof 1

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

greed.

I'd say it's more of that if he finds something offensive, he tends to rant and holds it especially in high regard regardless of quality. An example of this is the canadian episode of King of the Hill where he called it an atrocity because it was negatively portraying canadians when in fact it was poking fun of canadian stereotypes in general.

Also, early on in his reviews with Spongebob, he was heavily attacking those writers so much that his fans actually decided to carry the fight to them and they even gotten into arguments with them. That's where I lost alot of respect for him because he allowed his disgust for those episodes get to him to the point that he was making personal attacks on the writers themselves instead of their material and what they've written down as bad.

I'd say it's more of that if he finds something offensive, he tends to rant and holds it especially in high regard regardless of quality. An example of this is the canadian episode of King of the Hill where he called it an atrocity because it was negatively portraying canadians when in fact it was poking fun of canadian stereotypes in general.

Also, early on in his reviews with Spongebob, he was heavily attacking those writers so much that his fans actually decided to carry the fight to them and they even gotten into arguments with them. That's where I lost alot of respect for him because he allowed his disgust for those episodes get to him to the point that he was making personal attacks on the writers themselves instead of their material and what they've written down as bad.

At least he's admitted to it.

And admitted to the fact that he messed up.

• Brohoof 1

At least he's admitted to it.

And admitted to the fact that he messed up.

He's mellowed recently in that regard to the writers I'll admit. Perhaps I'll grow to like him as I originally did.

Eh while Mr. Enter is fine overall, I've find his wilingness to let his emotions on certain matters get to him problematic.

Fair enough. If I had one criticism of him it would be that for sure.

• Brohoof 1

The only time I feel Mr enter went a bit too far was his Pet Sitter Pat review, which could be considered a bit of slander.

For other reviewers, there are the ones I like (Mr enter, dr wolf, voice of reason, silver Quill firebrand). The others I either don't care about or don't like. The ones I really don't like are the ones who have become so jaded that I question why they haven't left the fandom yet. Mostly people like Byter or Digibrony. With Tommy Oliver, it feels like if an episode didn't go the exact way he wants it to go by the book, it's instantly bad in his eyes. Oh, and he jumps to conclusions quite a bit like when he made that video 7 episodes into season 4 where he was saying that the show has changed for the worst when not even half the season had aired. Oh, and was a 4 part long review on Equestria girls really that necessary?

• Brohoof 1

The only time I feel Mr enter went a bit too far was his Pet Sitter Pat review, which could be considered a bit of slander.

For other reviewers, there are the ones I like (Mr enter, dr wolf, voice of reason, silver Quill firebrand). The others I either don't care about or don't like. The ones I really don't like are the ones who have become so jaded that I question why they haven't left the fandom yet. Mostly people like Byter or Digibrony. With Tommy Oliver, it feels like if an episode didn't go the exact way he wants it to go by the book, it's instantly bad in his eyes. Oh, and he jumps to conclusions quite a bit like when he made that video 7 episodes into season 4 where he was saying that the show has changed for the worst when not even half the season had aired. Oh, and was a 4 part long review on Equestria girls really that necessary?

Didn't Tommy ended up liking Season 4? Talk about jumping the gun indeed. Also what happened with Digibrony? I thought he was one of more overly positive reviewers in the fandom only to now become a jaded one like Byter is now.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh, and was a 4 part long review on Equestria girls really that necessary?

The funniest thing about it was that it was a word for word "parody" (more like rip-off) of Mr. Plinkett's Phantom Menace Review. So not only was it a pointless reference, it was a poor and uncreative one, and to add to the awfulness, a lot of criticisms were bullshit. Tommy doesn't seem to realize that not all bad movies/episodes have as much to talk about as the Star Wars prequels. He could really use some more restraint in his reviews

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 3

The funniest thing about it was that it was a word for word "parody" (more like rip-off) of Mr. Plinkett's Phantom Menace Review. So not only was it a pointless reference, it was a poor and uncreative one, and to add to the awfulness, a lot of criticisms were bullshit. Tommy doesn't seem to realize that not all bad movies/episodes have as much to talk about as the Star Wars prequels. He could really use some more restraint in his reviews

I didn't even bother watching it, seems pointless. What were some of his bullshiit criticisms?

I didn't even bother watching it, seems pointless. What were some of his bullshiit criticisms?

Honestly I haven't seen the review in months so at the moment no specific ones come to mind (yeah I know that sounds bad :lol: ). I just remember watching the review BEFORE I saw the movie. Then I saw the movie and lots of the things he said were problems were not for me. I then watched it again and realized I completely disagreed on most of his points and didn't finish.

I suppose this would make a good project along with my planned full rebuttal of the ACW review. But god his Plinkett voice is awful, I don't think I can sit through that crap :P

• Brohoof 1