Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Maressey Project kicks off

Freewave

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

New Maressey track, featuring Bloo, Andante Skie, and myself

Things have taken a turn for the worse between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. After missing a dinner date, Dash shows up the next day reeking of sweat and cider. She then tells a constantly evolving story of fighting off an army of attackers. How can their relationship prevail when she can't tell her marefriend the honest truth?

Allllmost have Rarijack album completed. coming super soon. Flutterdash not far behind....

Edited by Freewave

• 3 weeks later...

Well that kind of a week. Rarijack album will be out NEXT week.....

But here's our new Sweetiemash track and part of the continued storyline

Rarity and Applejack have a romantic evening planned, leaving Sweetie Belle to stay the evening at Button’s house. What the young ponies have built up in their minds is quickly and unexpectedly extinguished. The evening turns into an awkward disaster as they continually misinterpret what the other is thinking and feeling throughout the night.

• Brohoof 1

A dream opportunity to work in Manehattan finally comes Rarity’s way as she has always hoped for.  Her friends and marefriend go to the train station to help send her off for what they assume is a temporary job. She says she’ll be back eventually and that she’ll make the long distance relationship work…but is it really that truthful? This is the beginning of the end of the Rarijack album, out now.  Thanks to Jokeblue for his amazing thrash guitar.

ALBUM-Rarijack.png

I hope people check out the album. It feels so good to finally have this done. I have to thank Morte McAdaver, Johnny Mare, Jeff Burgess, Luna Jax, Simul, Bloo, Andante Skie, Jokeblue, Zatslol, Warbalist, Metal Mare, Lore, Fire Frets, Sasha Lace, and the rest of the Maressey team for helping me make this album. I could have spent another month on mixing and likely gotten no further so it feels good to put it down and say it’s as good as it can be. I hope people enjoy it even if it is a bit sad.   

http://maressey.blogspot.com/ <-album download

The Art of Maressey

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

Track by Metal Mare, Warbalist, and Myself

This is the final song from the Rarijack album….Rarity is overcome by the difficulties of her new life in Manehattan while assisting on the fashion designs for a doomed wedding party. After a long day, she tries to sleep, but keeps dreaming of her family and the past. Things go from bad to worse after she finally opens a letter from AJ, informing her of the formal end to their relationship. Her life comes crashing down around her, as she realizes she now has lost everything in the pursuit of her career.  It’s also originally a classic by The Smiths.

• 1 month later...

Ok took a sufficient break off from the project to somewhat recharge my batteries. Have a WIP of Flutterdash album really just about ready for the greenlight so will likely get new tracks out the next 2 months from album #2 out. 

• 1 month later...

Dash is depressed, and quite bored of Ponyville. She has grand dreams that exist outside of this small town. With a town where nothing ever changes, and a relationship she now finds somewhat boring, she's finding a pull to move on to bigger things and to let the past go. It's also a ponified cover of a classic track by The Smiths.

A massive thanks to Francis Vace (Vaceslav) for taking on the vocals of this track. i thought he did an awesome job and is an integral part of the project.

Music and Mixing is by me. Freewave :)

We've had a bit of a break from the Maressey project (been dealing with depression myself) and I hope people appreciate that we're back and putting music out again. The Flutterdash Album will be out rather soon. Expect 5 more songs put out weekly to get that storyline completed.  :ugeek:

Edited by Freewave

• 2 weeks later...

One evening after Rainbow Dash pries into the source of Fluttershy's continued shyness, she finally reveals the truth. Shortly before the two eventually became friends in flight camp she suffered from weeks of abuse from the other young pegasi and their tyrant headmaster. That childhood trauma has affected her ever since. It's also a ponified cover of a classic track by The Smiths.

A massive thanks to Starbreeis for taking on the vocals of this track. i thought she did a wonderful job on this track and several others. She's fabulous! She will be back on next week's track with Fluttershy's encounter with Discord. 

Music and Mixing is by me. Freewave :)

4 more tracks remaining on the album.

Celestia aims to reform the newly freed Discord with the help of the patient Fluttershy. However, things do not turn out as well as she planned. He quickly takes advantage of their friendship, tricking her to do things she wouldn't normally do, and poisoning her relationship with the bearers of the Elements of Harmony.

Vocals by Starbreeis, Music by Johnny Mare, and Mixing by Freewave

• 4 weeks later...

Oops have to get caught up

Discord has been freed of his prison by neutralizing the elements of Harmony through Fluttershy's failure to befriend him. He vows to begin his reign of chaos anew and with the help of other villains he seeks out. However, this time he might not even need to lift a finger for things to fall into place. As always it's originally a classic track by The Smiths

A massive thanks to long time contributer Zatslol for taking on the vocals of this track. He's been one of the vocal highlights of the project and been one of the most supportive of it. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/zatslol

Music is by me. Freewave :) Everything came together nicely on this one. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/thefreewave

Scootaloo is infatuated with Rainbow Dash, wanting to spend every moment with her idol. Rainbow Dash is bored of her bland relationship with Fluttershy and appreciates the devout attention. The unbalanced and unhealthy relationship is a hardship for the young pegasus. It's clear she cares so much more about Dash, but is not old enough, or ready, for a companionship that she desperately wants (and is not getting).

Andante Skie did the great vocals for this track. Thanks for helping on this track and being such a great friend!
https://www.youtube.com/user/AndanteSkie

Music is by me. Freewave :) 
https://www.youtube.com/user/thefreewave

The complete (and free) Flutterdash album is out now and linked on the last vid. 

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...