Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wrestling: Babyface Or Heel?

Castle Bleck

Wrestling: Babyface Or Heel?  

6 users have voted

1. 1. Babyface or heel?

• Babyface
    • Heel

I would say babyface, because it takes more effort to play those characters. Almost anyone can get over as a heel these days, but being a face could be hell. Moreover, I have tremendous respect for anyone who, in my personal opinion, has succeeded as a face. (Although to be fair, as you mentioned, faces never get over anymore.)

• Brohoof 1

It's almost like the WWE is at a point where it's reincarnating the Attitude Era, to a degree. It seems as if there have been so many heels lately, and babyfaces are becoming less common. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, considering some of the most legendary wrestlers to ever grace the ring have come from that era ("Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Rock, D-Generation X, The Undertaker), but at the same time, you can't have just nothing but heels.

There's also those who started as heels and became beloved by the WWE (Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, The Big Show, Sting). It just all depends on the wrestler.

Babyfaces haven't been the most popular in the WWE lately, but you never know what could happen.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 8/28/2014 at 12:59 PM, Smash N Dash said:

It's almost like the WWE is at a point where it's reincarnating the Attitude Era, to a degree. It seems as if there have been so many heels lately, and babyfaces are becoming less common. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, considering some of the most legendary wrestlers to ever grace the ring have come from that era ("Stone Cold" Steve Austin, The Rock, D-Generation X, The Undertaker), but at the same time, you can't have just nothing but heels.

There's also those who started as heels and became beloved by the WWE (Roman Reigns, Randy Orton, The Big Show, Sting). It just all depends on the wrestler.

Babyfaces haven't been the most popular in the WWE lately, but you never know what could happen.

Reigns, Orton, Show, and Sting still started as heels, so case in point.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

I say that each wrestler should spend some time as both. The Rock is very popular now, but he never would've gotten so far if not for his time as the pie eating, guitar playing, jabroni beating, eyebrow raising badass that he was. He was much funnier as a heel I think, although if he was always a heel, he would eventually become stale and boring.

RVD has never been a heel, and although he still has fans, he's nowhere near as remembered as Rocky and Stone Cold.

Wait. Sting was a heel? Since when?  :lol:

There's no really good heels now unless you count 'my client, Brock Lesnar'. WWE still isn't on mark yet, because Paul Levesque is NOT ensuing all of the right directions for the company. Not only him, but the rest of corporate as well. 

Competition is a healthy thing, it would seem.  :huh: [Get where I'm getting at?]

(edited)
On 8/28/2014 at 1:41 PM, Stormfury said:

Wait. Sting was a heel? Since when?  :lol:

There's no really good heels now unless you count 'my client, Brock Lesnar'. WWE still isn't on mark yet, because Paul Levesque is NOT ensuing all of the right directions for the company. Not only him, but the rest of corporate as well. 

Competition is a healthy thing, it would seem.  :huh: [Get where I'm getting at?]

It's like WWE actually wants to lose the few hundred million dollars it has left.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I'd day heel cause they typically have more dimension to their characters while having more freedom to do what they want, while faces sort of have soem standards and practices they have to follow. Plus heels are typically the driving forces between many a rivalry.