Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food What is your favorite vegetable(s) to eat?

Naiya The Brony

We love meat right? I think most of the population around the world prefer meat than anything else. But enough about meat lets focus more on the green, orange purple, etc.. side of the food we eat, Vgetables.

So, what are your favorite vegetables to eat? I can eat any vegetables but Here's my 3 most favorite.

1) BITTER GOURD

2) BROCCOLI

3) WATER SPINACH

Edited by Nihi The Brony

Vegetables are great! They're good for you, and there's such a wide variety of them and things you can do with them.  :wub:

1. MUSHROOMS
  2. Red Capsicum
  3. Spinach

Honourable mentions go to bok choy, tomatoes, eggplant and potatoes. And onions, because while I don't usually eat them on their own, they're great for cooking.

• Brohoof 4

Hm... I think there's no contest for me... It has to be potatoes! They make baked potatoes, fries, and potato chips!

Perhaps second for me would be corn, but I don't eat it much.

Vegetables are great! They're good for you, and there's such a wide variety of them and things you can do with them.  :wub:

1. MUSHROOMS

Good for you... mushrooms? Yuck! They should be left in the ground!

I will never trust them, ever!

Are they even vegetables anyway? I recall learning they aren't even plants at all. But I could also note how tomatoes aren't actually vegetables (my dad hates it when I tell him that. xD) so I won't go there... At least not any further than I already have. >.<

@@Envy,

Blasphemy! Blasphemy, I say!

And you're right, they're not 'technically' a vegetable. They're a fungi. Which makes it sound even worse. xD

I never actually ate mushrooms for most of my life. I'd convinced myself they were disgusting, and swore never to try one. That changed when I was at a food pavilion at a fair several years back. I smelled something AMAZING coming from a BBQ at the back, and swore whatever it was, I'd try it when I got there. Turns out it was... mushrooms. Great big field mushrooms on sticks. Well, I told myself I was gonna eat whatever was there, and they did smell good... so I picked one up and took a little nibble. Then a bigger nibble.

Then I ate the entire thing, took a second one, and never looked back!

• Brohoof 4

Good for you... mushrooms? Yuck! They should be left in the ground! I will never trust them, ever! Are they even vegetables anyway? I recall learning they aren't even plants at all.

Yeah; Mushrooms are technically a fungus and since they don't photosynthesize or have actual roots fungi cannot be classed as plants. Poor guys...

It seems like nothing counts as a vegetable anymore :wacko:

Plenty of things count as a vegetable! Vegetables are simply the nonreproductive parts of plants, like the leaves, stems, and roots. Like potatoes are roots, and sweet potatoes, IIRC, are stems? Or maybe I have those switched around... Curse me and my bad memory. T_T

My dad insists that tomatoes are fruits because they are "sweet", and I'm like "But scientifically...". It's like saying that a female bird that has more beautiful plumage than the males in its species can't actually be female, because it doesn't line up with a completely unrelated trait that has been wrongly identified as an absolute trait to determine the sex by the individual making the claim.

(That was a mouthful... I'm sorry, I tried to make that sentence make sense... I hope it does. xD >.<)

Oh well, anyway, what can I expect when my state vegetable is a fruit? *head desk*

@@Kay Dreamer,

Whatever! Mushrooms exist to break down dead organic matter. They're gross. End of. xD

(It's probably obvious, but I'm just being dramatic here, so don't take offense. I really don't care if you eat mushrooms, but I will never do so myself. lol)

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

CONFESSION: Well, for a LONG time I was never fond of vegetables; and this was going into my college years to, so...yeah, that was one old kid habit that refused to quit.

I'm much more open now-a-days, so...yeah. Give me some nice veggie soup or what not and I should be good.

Never tried mushrooms though...and I can't stand veggies in a burger. Makes me sick; ugh...

• Brohoof 1

Several are my favorites. I like:

1.) broccoli

2.) toppings you'd put on a burger (except pickles)

3.) grilled/caramelized onions (really good with liver or in a burger)

4.) cucumber

5.) carrots

6.) steamed vegetables in general

7.) Tl;dw (too lazy, didn't write more lol)

• Brohoof 2

Chestnut mushrooms, Spinach, sweet corn, sweet potato, courgette, eggplant, sweet heart cabbage...I could go on haha :D

Edited by Flytee
  • Brohoof 1

1. Broccoli

2. Green Beans

3. Corn

There are so many hard veggies that I love but I can't even bring myself to come near anymore because of my braces and the fact I had jaw surgery so my jaws are nowhere near comfortable chewing on anything too tough and crunchy. :(

My favourites would be:

• Green Beans ( especially when crunchy and covered in garlic )
  • Lettuce ( one of my favourite vegetables to use in a sandwich ) 
  • Cauliflower
  • Carrots ( I love to eat them raw )
  • Pea's 
  • Potato's