Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First time buying merch?

Applesmack & Brandy

I bought the Mane 6 and a birthday card to suggest it was a give for somepony

Now I have all I want and a birthday card for my next friends birthday

I chickened out today on going to Toys r us. :( Sorry everyone who was looking forward to it.

As In scared of getting merch? If so I've had that happen... If you just act sort of "Emotionless" people will think its just a gift for someone else. :3

I've never used my own money on MLP merch but I got Misty and Peachie Keen for my birthday when I was a kid. I'm thinking about buying Rainbow Dash when I go to town.

I LOOKED at the prices onece with my mom and she humillated me all the way home.. so i have to wait until they come in happy meal and say it was a mistake!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so, i guess this is my first comment on this site.

So, Ive been a brony for about 3 months or so now and reading this comment thread has given me the push i need to go out and buy some. I plan to Bike out of my house, up the 8 or so miles to walmart and god dammit i will buy this my little pony merch (no now though, its 3 AM :P)

• Brohoof 1

I have not gotten any merch yet either but boy do I want some. I might see if I can get my other brony friend to ride up to the store with me and see if they got anything. I got some confidence from reading these responses, but seeing as I am 13 and my friend is 15 it will be super akward. It won't really look like we are getting a gift. My friend is really open about being a brony though so I assume he will have no problem with it. I just really want one thing, a Fluttershy plushie. It would be amazing if I could find one. Anyone know of any stores that sell them? I hope to get a couple of those standing figurines also! They would make a nice desk decoration!

You need a girl my friend, it's not awkward and embarrassing then. Because then the cashier thinks it's for her.
  • Brohoof 1

I went to the local mart and got a miniature Pinkie.

The following day I went with my mom and she got me 4 more toys.

Not a single fuck was given that day.

• Brohoof 3

I'll do what my cousin did.

Walk into Wal-Mart, buy a pony toy, pack of condoms, and a box of 9mm bullets.

All of those had a use.

Just stare the cashier straight in the eye and leave them feeling uncomfortable as hell.

Edited by TessHM
  • Brohoof 3

To any teen or adult males who want to buy ponies but are nervous about it, just act like it's nothing. I don't know if this was said on here before, but if you look nervous or guilty buying something, the cashier will think you're stealing something. They will probably assume you're getting it as a gift. People buy way stranger things all the time. Buying a pony toy is nothing.

I am haven't gotten anything yet, all the good stuff is online but i don't want family to see it... catch my drift? Not sure how to get the merch any advice? Or just do it?

Don't hide it from them. They might think you're a bit weird, but they won't mind or they'll come around eventually.

Edited by TessHM
  • Brohoof 1

Don't hide it from them. They might think you're a bit weird, but they won't mind or they'll come around eventually.

You're right, i'll get some stuff soon, thanks,

just thought of something, you could put it with another order and be all "how the heck did this get here"

anyways. thanks again!

I purchased myself a handmade derpy plushie online the other day. Usually my cheapness gets the better of me, but I have an admittingly horrible weakness for plushies. I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival hopefully this week.

• 1 month later...

I just bought my first pony toy today at Toys-r-Us; a little Rarity figurine. I was nervous going into the pony aisle and I kept running back to the nerf section whenever I saw someone. Overall, buying it went surprisingly well and I got no weird looks (the store was kinda empty though).

post-8506-0-67195600-1348624365_thumb.jpg

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

Oh cool. I have never bought a pony toy, as I have no way of getting to a toy store like that, but I have gotten a pony shirt from Hot Topic that went well. I was nervous to get it, and I had to beg my mom for money, but I did get it.

I've wanted to get a shirt but theres no stores near me that sell them. When I got my Rarity I brought my Dad along, he first thought I was joking when I said I was getting it. Luckily when he realized I was serious he said just put it in the cart.

My first purchase was a Fluttershy "yay" shirt from Hot Topic. I drove 45 minutes from my college campus one weekend and just bought it. It went smooth, I was in there for about five minutes, then I turned right around and drove another 45 minutes back. I'd say that it was worth it.

• Brohoof 3