Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First time buying merch?

Applesmack & Brandy

My first purchase was a derpy plushie I saw online that I couldn't not buy. As for how I felt afterwards, I felt fine. That's what I love about online shopping: It's discrete and it makes checking the mail more exciting. I think I'd do fine if I actually went in store to purchase merchandise with my beard and proper attire, so long as nopony talks to me.

Edited by Celtore

Aghh, my first purchase (A Pinkie Pie toy) was really hard =/ It was an incredibly full Asda (the English version of Wallmart but a lot smaller). I don't have any big stores near me, so this was the only chance I had to get one. Luckily, i'm still in school, and the stationary section was right next to it, so I displayed that I was browsing the different kinds of stationary, while at the corner of my eye I was choosing which ponies to get ^.^ Taking off the shelf on the other hand, was a different matter.

Toys-R-Us is on the verge on bankruptcy. They really aren't in any position to turn up their noses at any potential revenue source.

In fact, they should be wiping the Bronies' collective ass because they are keeping this company afloat.

My first purchase was a Rainbow dash t-shirt from CafePress online, with her cutie mark on the front and her wings on the back. I'm wearing it at this very moment. :wub:

But the first things I bought in person were two blind bags a few days ago. I work third shift at Wal-Mart, so when I finished up at 7am I moseyed over to the toy section. I looked around and no one was watching, so I slipped into the pink aisle, grabbed the bags and went straight to the self-checkout. Mission complete and nobody saw me. :ph34r: As Fluttershy would say, "yay..."

I'm gradually overcoming the shyness, though. I wore the shirt on some errands once, I bought some MLP calendars this morning with a live cashier (he was on autopilot, just rang 'em up without comment), and when my RD wristbands arrive in the mail I'll probably wear those in public too.

• Brohoof 1

I really don't understand why so many people are nervous about, or feel they have to hide that they are buying ponies. For one, the brony community is starting to get rather well known, two, if you don't mention it, and the cashier is unfamiliar with bronies, it will likely be assumed as a gift for someone else, and three, I am brony and I am proud.

My first pony purchase was over the internet, so that doesn't really count.

The first time I went into a store to get something, I had a long conversation with the cashier about weather or not the shirt came in larger sizes. And preferably male cut. They didn't, but I came back at a later date and they had them. I was very happy. Now I've got a total of four pony shirts, 12 figurines, a coloring book, and soon six hand made 24" tall plushies. Yay ponies!

• Brohoof 4

My first purchase was from Hot Topic where the mostly don't give a shit at all. Now, when I went to Wal-Mart it went exceptionally well. Was a little nervous at first, but then I serious'd the fuck up took my own advice and just went and found what I wanted, paid for it, and left a happy brony.

• Brohoof 1

First pony merchandise I got was a pair of shirts. Both black, a Discord one and a Dashie one. I made a specific topic about them sometime in the past.

Also:

This topic has had two additional topics merged into it:

-'First pony merch?'

-'First purchase?'

All three of these topics are the same concept, about your first purchase of pony merchandise.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

The only two pony merch I had was a pink blind bag Rarity and Rainbow I got at a really small Toys'R'Us. I was going to buy a new sweater at Old Navy and the Toys'R'Us was right next to it, so I thought I'd check it out. Along with the two randomly chosen blind bags I got a Lego series 6 blind bag figure as well. The cashire lady kind of looked at me funny at first but didn't ask anything and wished me a nice day.

Notice how I said HAD. I had a small backpack, and the 2 ponies were in it. The backpack was stolen! Luckily there wasn't any money or valuables in there. The only memory I have of those ponies are their original packets :( One day, I'll be sure to get them back!

I just ordered some shirts from online but, haven't bought anything in person. I did browse the toy section in wal-mart and really creeped some people out when I saw the MLP stuff and quickly went over and started going through it like mad. unfortunately they didn't have any of the stuff I wanted so I left without anything.

Edited by Dysphoria

I always go to Hot Topic, Spencers or FYE for any pony stuff. Since I'm not too big on the figurines and toys, I just get clothing and accesories. But I love it, usually when I go to Hot Topic, on of the girls that works there is a huge Pegasister. When I got my belt she was rushing me to put it on and stuff. Then she showed me her Fluttershy belt XD Awesome stuff.

The first things I bought were the McDonald's toys. I strolled in, told them I wanted one of each of the ponies, got some incredulous looks from the staff, bought them, and left.

Literally just went to WallMart yesterday and spent $15 on pony blind bags. The only decent ponies I got were Applejack and Roseluck, but it was still totally worth it. I wasn't really nervous in the least, besides being nervous of what ponies I would get.

The back of each those bags has a number printed near the top of the seam indicating which pony is inside. You could consult a list of those numbers to find out which one is in a bag before buying it.

My brother buys my stuff for me...I give him the money and he checks out.

The only stuff I buy personally is from online.

Posted Image

That's a very old post O.o

That's not the first time I've heard that. I don't know how old posts/threads have to be around here before they're considered "old." I figure so long as you're quoting within a currently active thread and not necro-bumping a thread from over a year back, it's not unusual. At least that's how it is in the old country. And I have a habit of reading through a thread before replying to it unless it's extremely long, like several dozen pages or something. Unless stated otherwise later in a thread, a post from several months back holds true today for all I know. Might as well roll with it.

Glad to hear you can now go forth valiantly and buy ponies in person though.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first time buying merch was last year (I think?) at Target. I was contemplating for quite awhile whether or not I should buy a MLP toy, let alone even go in the girls isle. So one day I finally decided to break the ice and picked up a brushable Fluttershy. Felt good, man.

Not sure if serious...

*COUGH*sarcasm*COUGH*

Sorry bad cold. What are we talking about again? Oh right pony merchandise. I believe I already posted my first time above. So you can check it out above. Wouldnt want to do a double post now would we?

Edited by MrAwesomeness

• 1 month later...

i work at walmart so not buying the little figurines is extremly difficult 0.0 but my younger brothers live with me and they murder me with insults if i brought any home so i may have *misplaced* one of each figure in the backroom where noone will find them >.> untill i can get my own apartment.

My first was one of those MC D toys.  Really funny I just bought the toy and not meal (to save money) and they give me the wrong toy at first and I had to say "no.  The pony one."  She gave me a shock stare and got me one.  It felt weird but I got me toy of fluttershy and i was happy!  until my mother throw it out...

My first purchase was a lanyard from Fye. Pretty much everything after that I bought from Hot Topic and Spencers on Black Friday, I went a little ham, to say the least. I got a Dr. Hooves shirt, a flat-brim hat, a belt, and a pair of RD lounge pants.

Next purchase will probably be a RD hoodie, which I will get once my Hot Cash can be used (which I earned from those aforementioned purchases :P).