Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are the odds of the other mane 6 members' homes and jobs being written out?

ggg-2

In the season 4 finale, Twilight gets a new castle with thrones for her friends. and in the season 5 animatic, it seems to imply that said castle actually belongs to all of them. Will the others' homes and jobs be written out, or will it make it clear that they can come and go as they please?

I think the latter, personally. Their homes all play a role in their career, which I doubt will be going away, assuming the writers have an ounce of common sense in them.

Rarity's home also doubles as the business she's so passionate for. Applejack not living on the Apple family farm? She'd get homesick in a heartbeat :D

I don't think anything of that nature will be happening to their homes because it'd be senseless and destroy a good portion of who the character is, given their homes all seem to play a part in who they are somehow :D

• Brohoof 1

Twilight is probably going to live in the castle. Other than that, I see it more as a meeting place that they can go to when shit hits the fan and they need to fix it. Wouldn't make sense for them to do away with things like Sweet Apple Acres and the Carousel Boutique, which have been pretty important to the show in all the previous seasons.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I can't see them getting rid of the other ponies' homes which mean so much to them. They did it once, (to see toys, I cynically imagine) so doing it more would be overkill.

I think Twilight will live in her castle, but the others can come and go as as they please. In the case of Applejack, Fluttershy and Rarity, their home is also their base of operations, and I don't see any of them completely giving up on their vocation to be a friendship council member 24/7. The homes and jobs of Pinkie Pie and Rainbowdash could possibly be written out. I mean, we've seen Pinkie bake for the Cakes how many times over the course of the series? I guess her vocation is party planning and entertaining, but it hardly matters where and when she does it. Come to think of it, how often do we even see her room? We did in Party of One. After that I'm drawing a blank. Rainbowdash assists the other Pegasi with the weather, while she works toward becoming a Wonderbolt on the side. I guess the latter is her true vocation, and she wouldn't up and abandon the thing she's been working towards. We've seen her house once though. Apparently she has an epic mansion. That's not random at all. What are the odds that it'll never be seen or even mentioned again?

• 1 month later...

yeah, you guys are right, i mean in the case of the Apple family, take Big Mac for example. Applejack leaving the farm the first time in that flashback in Cutie Mark Chronicles made him visually upset. Her doing it again in Last Roundup actually made him cry. Her doing it a third time, this time actually for good, would likely utterly SHATTER him.

Rainbow Dash's home has already been pretty much written out with how little we see of it :/

Edited by Megas75

Like others, I don't believe it will happen. Twilight's castle is where they meet, but ultimately only Twilight will live there. They won't change the others' homes, trust me.

Edited by rpc8169

The only one who has a job that can be easily changed without altering the character negatively is perhaps Rainbow Dash should she take on a more active role as a Wonderbolt. Perhaps a local leader of her own team.

AJ, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie all have positions that are extremely connected to characterization and development that it wouldn't make much sense. AJ and her farm & Rarity and her creative sole proprietorship have received a whole hell of a lot of screen time used in molding their perceived persona.