Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite & Recommended Fanfictions

Slendermane

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I wasn't sure if it was just for posting, or if discussion counts. Anyway, this thread is to discuss your favorite fanfictions, genres of fanfiction, authors, etc. For me, there have been a bunch that I would call my favorites, but if I had to pick one, it would be "Today, Tomorrow, and Forever". It was one of the first fanfictions I read, and it brought me close to tears. It is a sad Derpy and Dinky story. I try many different genres, but rarely read Grimdark. I also like Conversion Bureau stories and any story by Ciroton.

Edited by Slendermane
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, I kind of like Cupcakes. Not just because of the story, but I love how controversial ponies got over it! It's very interesting that somepony could make something so disturbing and horrible, but get so many ponies to read it... Idunno, I just like it.

Also, this is a great fanfiction right here:http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/03/story-memories-of-days-long-past.html

It's just plain woonderful...

• Brohoof 10

My top 5 (after looking at the ones I've read for a minute):

Tales

It's Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door

Feathers

Ponies Play D&D

Junior Speedsters Forever

• Brohoof 1

I really like ship fics. I've read other things, but shipping is what I mostly read. I absolutely loved Kindness's Reward which made an excellent case for Trixie and Fluttershy. I'm also a huge Lyra and Bon-Bon fan and I thought The Things We Need was an adorable story for the two of them.

• Brohoof 3

Within and Without

So. Epic. Its author captures each of the mane 6's and Luna's personality so well, and the story is so captivating and well written and layered. It's an epic adventure, there's actually an underlying plot to everything, it's not just some fanfic written for fun with no end goal or moral. It felt like an actual episode was playing in my head as I read it. (Or movie! It's a long story, but that's part of what makes it so good!)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/story-within-and-without.html

• Brohoof 4

I just LOVED 'Past Sins'...

It was EPIC :D!

Yes, me too. I am currently reading Fallout: Equestria and Of Mares and Magic, as well, and both of them are really, really good.

• Brohoof 1

If your answer isn't MAGNETO then you're lying to yourself.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8vI-Uk1ESs

Past Sins

The Vagabond Saga

Pony Psychology

Of Mares and Magic

Spark

I've also taken a liking to Wrenches 'n Apples.

Better Living Through Science and Ponies

~ By Pen Stroke. Assisted By Batty Gloom

It's a very well done Portal Pony crossover, and it's the first fan fic I've ever read. In part it's one of the things that drew me into the herd. :)

Fallout: Equeatria is easily my favorite. I've been a HUGE Fallout fan for years, so when I found the story I nearly started jumping for joy. It's Amazing!

• Brohoof 8

I don't read much fanfiction but my favourite so far is The Circle of Friends. I forgot who wrote it but it's a really good b'aww fic. It's even better if you listen to A Walk Down the Trail by Reasoner while you read it. You're guaranteed to shed tears.

I don't read much fanfiction but my favourite so far is The Circle of Friends. I forgot who wrote it but it's a really good b'aww fic. It's even better if you listen to A Walk Down the Trail by Reasoner while you read it. You're guaranteed to shed tears.

I really liked Circle of Friends too even though its the only fanfic I have read. It really made me have some Manly tears.
  • Brohoof 1

I read entirely too much of this stuff. At any rate, a couple of shortish oneshots to throw onto the pile:

Memoirs of an Oak

"A tree has a story to tell...and what a strange story it is..."

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7406825/1/Memoirs_of_an_Oak

Somewhere Only We Know

"Every night, in a little stable just outside of town, an old mare lays down to sleep. And every night she has the same dream of rainbows and open sky"

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7051532/1/Somewhere_Only_We_Know

I really liked Circle of Friends too even though its the only fanfic I have read. It really made me have some Manly tears.

Another short b'aww fic I liked was Thank You by Raidou Kuzunoha on ponychan. It also goes good with music. Here's a screencap of it.

post-37-0-49673700-1317878196_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Another short b'aww fic I liked was Thank You by Raidou Kuzunoha on ponychan. It also goes good with music. Here's a screencap of it.

post-37-0-49673700-1317878196_thumb.jpg

That was very touching thanks for sharing.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm presently wading my way through a massive list of fanfic - mostly stuff that EqD has rated five or six stars. The ones I've been enjoying the most are:

* The Progress series (also known as Luna vs the World) - they're really funny and have of course popularised Luna's abacus. The two OCs that are major characters are well-realised and fit in nicely with the theme of the show.

* The Cough - a short grimdark that packs quite a punch into it's final line.

* Claro de Luna - Luna/Octavia shipping. Quite nicely done and I broke down and wept at the end.

* Tonight I Shall be Laughter - Yet another Luna one, very funny and will leave a big smile on your face.

I still have so many on my list and they're all turning out so good! A lot of them are incomplete so I'm waiting for the next chapters. In the meantime I'm reading through Butterscotch Sundae's almost-clopfic stories (or maybe you could call them heavy shipping?) and they're excellent so far.

Edited by TwilightSparkle

While I usually dabble in all fanfic generes, I do enjoy reading up on some of the more obscure shipfics. One in particular i've taken a liking to a Luna x Applejack fic. Honestly I didn't think it could be pulled off properly, but turns out I was wrong.

Merely a Mare

Posted Image

Edited by Swoop
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite is Lost in the Crowd by far. No matter how many times I read it I never get tired of it. I highly recommend it.

Other great ones are My Little Time Lord, The Sound of Equestria (Not finished yet :( ), Vinyl Scratch Tapes, The Sound of Sunlight, Common Sky . . . I'll stop before this list gets too long. There's just too much good fanfiction!

• Brohoof 1

Some others of my favorites are:

Progress

Past Sins

Bubbles

Conversion Bureau (and side stories)

Silent Ponyville (never played the game)

Mort takes a holiday (want more!)