Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a "brony urge"?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

You know,

for us bronies and pegasisters,

we might had an urge within us,

that acts as though

we cannot live

without "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".

Whenever we are taken away
from our beloved ponies;

such as this half-a-year-long

hiatus (we could instead reinvent)

we would go nuts,
daydream of the ponies
as if they have
consumed our minds.

We would even demand
and cry out for more poni:
wailing in our minds
our inner brony
cannot restrain itself.

I am sorry that I am writing
this article like a frivolous poem,
but I will fly like a firework
when you tell me
whether: do you have a "brony urge"?

Thank you.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, I get that urge. It's not just a pony urge though, it's something that happens with any kind of media I enjoy. When I have to go without new content for a long period of time it drives me a little bit nutty. Ponies are the best example though. I literally can not go even 4 days without the craving to watch another episode or two.

Edited by BasementPrincess
  • Brohoof 2

My inner desire,

is in the form of a fire.

A pyro, who burns,

one who yearns,

To set the blue team alight,

'Tis quite a delight!

I play a sh*t load of video games! Team Fortress 2 to be exact. It's my only other distraction.

Edited by WunderWaffen
  • Brohoof 3

You know,

for us bronies and pegasisters,

we might had an urge within us,

that acts as though

we cannot live

without "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".

Whenever we are taken away

from our beloved ponies;

such as this half-a-year-long

hiatus (we could instead reinvent)

we would go nuts,

daydream of the ponies

as if they have

consumed our minds.

We would even demand

and cry out for more poni:

wailing in our minds

our inner brony

cannot restrain itself.

I am sorry that I am writing

this article like a frivolous poem,

but I will fly like a firework

when you tell me

whether: do you have a "brony urge"?

Thank you.

*An Alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle spontaneously erupts from my chest, and we scream in unison, " That poem doesn't rhyme!"*

*Waits for somepony to point out that not all/poems need to rhyme, so I can use the joke I have prepared.*

I'm not obsessed with ponies,

*lie*

I don't have to think about them every day.

*lie*

Okay, but in all reality, I could withstand a week or two without them, before somehow contracting Tourettes Syndrome and yelling ponies' names randomly.  

---

And yet, I'm still a closet-brony an internet-only-brony, with no pony merch.

---

EDIT:

Before I was a brony, I already had problems with getting attached to things too quickly and closely anyway.  
For goodness sakes... I became a member of a forum about motor oil!  
Seriously!
It's called Bob is the oil guy (bitog) - the internet's number one motor oil website!

(Yes, I'm that much of a gearhead).

But hey, should anyone on here ever want to know about motor oil, then, I'm your guy.
Legitimately.  I'd be happy to give you information about oil.

Before I was a member of bitog, I was still just a high school teenager, so, it was alot of facebook.
I now rarely ever get on FB.  I have very few reasons to do so.

So, in the end, it was inevitable that'd I'd become this way with ponies.  
I'm not that obsessed with them, tbh, but, to a certain extent I am.

It should be said that, someone with ADHD (diagnosed by my doctor legitimately)...
and someone with OCD at the same time (lol, self diagnosis only)...

is going to have some obsessiveness about things.

But, I hate the word obsessed, in that sense.  I'd rather just call it "attached" ...
Whether or not that's a better way of putting it, idk, but, having something to focus on that actually keeps my attention, and keeps me from acting impulsively (even on meds, it can still happen every now and then).  And so, ponies are like an emotional medicine, in a sense, because, I can actually stop shaking my leg/twiddling my thumbs/biting my lip/clearing my throat/etc... when I'm doing something that involves ponies.

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 2

No... as much as I like and think about ponies a lot, I can go without them for as long as I want. Also, I like more things besides MLP: FiM.

I would go completely insane, start eating furniture, throwing electronic devices, and yelling at inanimate objects if there was no new pony content.

No, really. I wish there were other shows I could get into as much but I have enough other things to do to keep me occupied during off-seasons, as well as fan content and the previous 91 episodes in existence.

Edited by Wind Chaser

Not really. The most of my brony 'urges' these past few months consist of just popping around in here every now and then actually. ^_^

Rarity-related urges specifically though, now that may or may not be a different story :wacko:

Maybe. I haven't been a Brony long enough to definitively determine or disprove your theory as it pertains to my personal thoughts. However, it is a distinct possibility. I did go to the trouble of investing in all the graphic novels to extend my Pony experience, and then I decided to check out G1, and am now most of the way through that. I also went to Brony Can and invested in a small handful of stuff. My next step may be to check out that fan series called Friendship is Witchcraft that everyone seems to talk about. Of course, I'm on a journey through all the past MLP series, but I've heard the road gets rocky starting with My Little Pony Tales. I'll cross that bridge when I get there though. Rainbow Rocks is due out in September, isn't it? I'm not the biggest fan of Equestria Girls, but at least that's something, so I'll see it.

Perhaps once, perchance I hoped.

That I had felt, by these ponies eloped

I squared it all away

for these ponies make me pay

my currency it depleats

I wish I could say

that for these ponies, I feel the same way

But alas I do not

But normally I do not feel an "urge" to thrust ponies upon my daily life, but I do oft feel a need, or urge, or must to participate in the fan group of the show, lest I be forgotten to the sands of time in the small little empire of the cartoon pony that is the fandom.

• Brohoof 1