Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private When the Clock Stops RP

Descant

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/108761-when-the-clock-stops-ooc/page-2#entry3045193

The two mares walked alone up a lonely road. The sun continued its lazy descent down the sky to their backs as they walked along the open, and as far as they could tell, bare, road.

At least it was a beautiful day, the younger of the two thought. The breeze whistled cheerfully through the tulips of the fields they traveled through. The birds sang, and the clouds drifted far above. 

As they neared their destination, the sounds of life seemed to soften, and as they knocked upon the large gates at the wall of their host, the sounds died away completely. The two brisk knocks of the older sister rang, echoing throughout the almost tangible silence that seemed to rest over the manor, a lonely gong sounding the decision of fate. As the gate swung open silently, the younger mare almost shuddered. It was always rather... eerie. Always an unusual experience to come and visit Great-Great-Great Grandfather Clock.

Grandfather Clock. The young man who stood inside the open gates looked nothing like one who ought to be called Grandfather, but appearances are always decieving. The wise beige pony had thick golden locks that ought to have turned grey or fallen out long ago. The only clues that this pony was not the youthful stallion he appeared to be were the way he was slightly hard-of-hearing, and his eyes. His eyes, which were deep and tired, and spoke the experience of a dozen lifetimes.

As they recognized the visitors, the tired eyes of Grandfather Clock lit up, and he embraced his nieces with open arms. "Sunny! Moony! It's been far too long!" Taking a step back, he looked at them with a shrewd eye. "Last we met you were naught but little fillies! I must say, you both have grown up into beautiful young mares. Why, if I were your age..." Letting this tangent trail away, Grandfather Clock began chuckling at the embarrassed looks on their faces, winked, and stepped back to let them in. 

The manor Grandfather Clock inhabited seemed to have been taken out of time itself, which it probably actually had been. The grass didn't rustle despite the wind outside the fence, and no dust poofed up around Sunburst's and Moonstruck's hooves as they trotted up the dirt driveway. The manor itself looked almost neogothic in design, with tall spires, high arches, and many balconies. A small fence lay near the corner of the house, bordering what the sisters knew to be the tombstone of Clock's wife, Chime. 

Looking at the way Clock's eyes seemed to linger on the tombstone a bit longer than anywhere else as they looked about the yard, Sunburst hesitantly spoke. "You still miss her." It was not a question. "You still perform vigil?" 

"Every night." Clock didn't deny. "Nevermind that, fillies. You're here to enjoy your visit. Go ahead inside, maybe wait in the Billiard Room, the Trophy Room or the Bar Room while you wait for the others to come visit."

Taking her younger sister's hoof, Sunburst nodded and led Moonstruck inside, as Clock remained outside to welcome visitors. However, they did pause just inside the front door, just to watch their Grandfather bustle about. He had a tendency to pace, and they always worried about his wellbeing and health, even though they knew it would never really be a problem for him.

• Brohoof 1

Equinox walked down the road leading up to the manor which is where the one who invited him resides. "I must wonder how the pony even remembers me at all" Equinox said to himself before stopping. This day is as wonderful as can be" Equinox thought as he came up to the door of the house and knocked before heading on in and seeing Grandfather Clock. "It has been too long Clock...how have you been" Equinox asked

Edited by ~Dishonored Luna~
  • Brohoof 1

@@,

Nox yawned quietly, walking along the road with some large saddlebags at her side. The wind blew gently over the fields around her, making the tulips sway back and forth, looking almost like an ocean of color.
She smiled and breathed in deeply before looking farther down the road. Quite a ways away she could make out the large mansion sitting atop a hill surrounded by the beautiful fields of color.

She huffed a bit and made sure her saddlebag was secure before she continued on down the trail. She'd been walking for several hours now and was eager for a break. She continued to enjoy the view as she walked, her mind wandering off back to home, the full moon celebration, the towns folk...the music. She sighed...she'd only been gone for three days and she already missed it. Though she did have complete faith in her advisor Forest to take care of things while she was away...even a queen needed a break sometimes.

She paused at the bottom of the slight hill leading up to the manor and sighed, glancing at her bag...it was odd to be without her scarf but...it was much warmer here, warmer then home at least. She took another deep breath of the sweetly scented air before walking up towards the manor. She made her way along the path and stopped a few metres away, noticing a colt already standing by the entrance. She tilted her head and looked him over for a moment before making her way over...now came the hard part...meeting Grandfather Clock again. She still hadn't really forgiven him for what he'd said about her culture and was still unsure whether she should have come or not but...it wouldn't hurt to give the poor guy a second chance.
Sighing again...this time a little more exasperated, she walked forwards towards the entrance gates leading onto the property. She gave the colt already there a small smile before focusing her attention on the entrance. She waited for a moment before stepping in, noticing a couple other mares already having arrived.
She stood there for a moment, scanning the area for Grandfather Clock. She noticed him standing a few meters away and extended a hoof in a wave.
She approached and looked him over, seeming rather cold but not...angry. She did smile, though it was partially forced. She extended her hoof to shake his and gave a small nod. "Its been a while, hasn't it? How have you been?" She asked, speaking in a rather...abnormal, proper tone...not something she did often.

Edited by Fire Sky
  • Brohoof 1

Flash had been walking down the trail for some time now. He wasn't sure how long it had been but right now it didn't that much to him. He continued on, a pair of headphones on his ears connected to an MP3 player in the pocket of the blue hoodie he wore. He danced slightly with the upbeat music, singing along with the lyrics in a soft whisper. He came up to the gates and entered them, going up to the manor. Flash didn't notice the two that were already waiting at the door as he continued singing and dancing up until he reached the door where he saw the two standing there and froze. "Oh..." he mumbled looking back and forth between the two.

• Brohoof 1

Equinox walked down the road leading up to the manor which is where the one who invited him resides. "I must wonder how the pony even remembers me at all" Equinox said to himself before stopping. This day is as wonderful as can be" Equinox thought as he came up to the door of the house and knocked before heading on in and seeing Grandfather Clock. "It has been too long Clock...how have you been" Equinox asked

Grandfather Clock laughed, and greeted Equinox as an old friend, batting him lightly on the shoulder and grinning. "Oh, same old, same old," he said, chuckling. "Why don't you go ahead inside? My nieces are already waiting in the Billiard Room, I think. We can catch up later, I think I see another guest coming."

@@,

Nox yawned quietly, walking along the road with some large saddlebags at her side. The wind blew gently over the fields around her, making the tulips sway back and forth, looking almost like an ocean of color.

She smiled and breathed in deeply before looking farther down the road. Quite a ways away she could make out the large mansion sitting atop a hill surrounded by the beautiful fields of color.

She huffed a bit and made sure her saddlebag was secure before she continued on down the trail. She'd been walking for several hours now and was eager for a break. She continued to enjoy the view as she walked, her mind wandering off back to home, the full moon celebration, the towns folk...the music. She sighed...she'd only been gone for three days and she already missed it. Though she did have complete faith in her advisor Forest to take care of things while she was away...even a queen needed a break sometimes.

She paused at the bottom of the slight hill leading up to the manor and sighed, glancing at her bag...it was odd to be without her scarf but...it was much warmer here, warmer then home at least. She took another deep breath of the sweetly scented air before walking up towards the manor. She made her way along the path and stopped a few metres away, noticing a colt already standing by the entrance. She tilted her head and looked him over for a moment before making her way over...now came the hard part...meeting Grandfather Clock again. She still hadn't really forgiven him for what he'd said about her culture and was still unsure whether she should have come or not but...it wouldn't hurt to give the poor guy a second chance.

Sighing again...this time a little more exasperated, she walked forwards towards the entrance gates leading onto the property. She gave the colt already there a small smile before focusing her attention on the entrance. She waited for a moment before stepping in, noticing a couple other mares already having arrived.

She stood there for a moment, scanning the area for Grandfather Clock. She noticed him standing a few meters away and extended a hoof in a wave.

She approached and looked him over, seeming rather cold but not...angry. She did smile, though it was partially forced. She extended her hoof to shake his and gave a small nod. "Its been a while, hasn't it? How have you been?" She asked, speaking in a rather...abnormal, proper tone...not something she did often.

Grandfather smiled sadly, took Nox's hoof and shook it. 

"I've been doing about as well as you could expect from a crotchety old geezer like me," Grandfather said. He looked the mare up and down in one swift glance before saying, "You've grown. How many years has it been now?"

Flash had been walking down the trail for some time now. He wasn't sure how long it had been but right now it didn't that much to him. He continued on, a pair of headphones on his ears connected to an MP3 player in the pocket of the blue hoodie he wore. He danced slightly with the upbeat music, singing along with the lyrics in a soft whisper. He came up to the gates and entered them, going up to the manor. Flash didn't notice the two that were already waiting at the door as he continued singing and dancing up until he reached the door where he saw the two standing there and froze. "Oh..." he mumbled looking back and forth between the two.

Grandfather smiled at the third newcomer, and waved him inside. They would talk later, Clock was catching up with Nox right now. 

• Brohoof 1

Grandfather Clock laughed, and greeted Equinox as an old friend, batting him lightly on the shoulder and grinning. "Oh, same old, same old," he said, chuckling. "Why don't you go ahead inside? My nieces are already waiting in the Billiard Room, I think. We can catch up later, I think I see another guest coming."

"Thank you Clock it is nice meeting you again" Equinox said as he headed inside and saw the two nieces. Equinox decided to go up to them and introduce himself. "Hello there my name is Equinox who might you two be if you don't mind me asking" Equinox said introducing himself to the mares. 

• Brohoof 1

Grandfather smiled sadly, took Nox's hoof and shook it.  "I've been doing about as well as you could expect from a crotchety old geezer like me," Grandfather said. He looked the mare up and down in one swift glance before saying, "You've grown. How many years has it been now?"

Nox raised an eyebrow, clearing her throat before speaking. "Gjashtë." She spoke in Alhaynian ((I fucking hate horse puns...*Cough* Albanian =3)), glancing down at the ground before looking up again. "In that time I've risen to power over my Realm. And you speak of your recent life in...how do you say...negative way?" She asked. Nox's english had never been that great as she usually spoke in Alhaynian. "Forgive myself for asking but...why are we here? Do you have things planned?"

Edited by Fire Sky
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Flash gave a small smile to Grandfather Clock before shuffling inside, turning his music up a little louder to keep from focusing on the others. He quietly followed the stallion into the other room, going off and hiding by one of the walls for the time being. 

• Brohoof 2

@@,

As the sun was already beginning to set down into the horizon, the faint sight of a purple figure flashed into the dirt road, almost at an elegant trot. With each hoof trot, the pink-and-white shining mane had bounced along with him, lining down to the stallion's neck, matching his gleaming purple coat as well. 

The stallion had approached the front, seeing that a certain old friend of his being greeted by other ponies about. Mainly from one in front of him... It would be rude to just try and strike a conversation. Perfect plan!

"Ah, Stopwatch... It's been far too long, my friend! Hopefully your memory is strong to recognize me, no?" The stallion spoke out to him, immediately interrupting what they were conversing about.

• Brohoof 1

"Thank you Clock it is nice meeting you again" Equinox said as he headed inside and saw the two nieces. Equinox decided to go up to them and introduce himself. "Hello there my name is Equinox who might you two be if you don't mind me asking" Equinox said introducing himself to the mares. 

The smaller, blue niece took a step forward to introduce herself, but the slightly older orange one stepped forward slightly, commandeering the conversation from her sister. "Sunburst," she said shortly. "And this is Moonstuck." Moonstuck shoved her sister back out of the way, and smiled amicably at the newcomer. "It's nice to meet you :)" she said cheerfully.

Nox raised an eyebrow, clearing her throat before speaking. "Gjashtë." She spoke in Alhaynian ((I fucking hate horse puns...*Cough* Albanian =3)), glancing down at the ground before looking up again. "In that time I've risen to power over my Realm. And you speak of your recent life in...how do you say...negative way?" She asked. Nox's english had never been that great as she usually spoke in Alhaynian. "Forgive myself for asking but...why are we here? Do you have things planned?"

"Ahh, straight to the point, as always," Clock smiled. "Congratulations on your ascension, highness." Grandfather knelt into somewhat of a curtsy, eyes twinkling boyishly. Once he raised himself back up, he addressed the rest of her questions. "Not really negative. Things have just been slowing down... And I figured it was time to make amends with some of the ponies in my life. Grudges can be carried for generations, you know." He didn't seem particularly sad. It's just a fact of life to him. "I do believe I have a wonderful weekend planned for you all, if you're willing to stay. Tomorrow we'll---"  But a fabulous pony intruding interrupted his train of thought.

@@,

As the sun was already beginning to set down into the horizon, the faint sight of a purple figure flashed into the dirt road, almost at an elegant trot. With each hoof trot, the pink-and-white shining mane had bounced along with him, lining down to the stallion's neck, matching his gleaming purple coat as well. 

The stallion had approached the front, seeing that a certain old friend of his being greeted by other ponies about. Mainly from one in front of him... It would be rude to just try and strike a conversation. Perfect plan!

"Ah, Stopwatch... It's been far too long, my friend! Hopefully your memory is strong to recognize me, no?" The stallion spoke out to him, immediately interrupting what they were conversing about.

Grandfather laughed in delight upon seeing Nova. He didn't seem to be bothered by his interruption - on the contrary, he leapt forth and hugged the old friend, who seemed to be happy to see him. "Nova, you sly old dog! How could I forget?" Still chuckling, he backed off, and teasingly chided "Your memory could use some work though. I'm Grandfather Clock, now, remember?"

• Brohoof 1

The smaller, blue niece took a step forward to introduce herself, but the slightly older orange one stepped forward slightly, commandeering the conversation from her sister. "Sunburst," she said shortly. "And this is Moonstuck." Moonstuck shoved her sister back out of the way, and smiled amicably at the newcomer. "It's nice to meet you :)" she said cheerfully.

"Well, it is nice to meet you both" Equinox said. "So Grandfather Clock told me that you two were his nieces..." Equinox said. "Why am I trying to speak to these mares...I barely talk to many ponies" Equinox thought to himself.

((The rp is moving slow but at a good pace...I like it))

• Brohoof 1

@,

@,

Nox blushed a bit as Grandfather gave her a small bow and shook her head. "Not that kind of queen, Grandfather." She said, giving him a faint smile, her slightly pointed teeth glinting a bit. She listened quietly to Grandfather's talking before frowning a bit as a colt moved over and interrupted them...what was worse was that Grandfather seemed to just throw her off. Her smile faded almost instantly and she looked off towards the house, then back at the two colts. "Vrazhdë." She mumbled, turning and walking towards the entrance leading into the large house, eager to get her saddlebag off her back.
As she walked she couldn't help but think about what Grandfather Clock had said...it sounded almost as if he had some sort of disease or...health problem. She had a feeling that they were there for...well...exactly as he'd said. To make amends. She glanced over her shoulder at the door before shaking her head and shrugging, entering the building.

• Brohoof 1

@

Stellar laughed along with him, taking the stallion in for his own hug, patting his back with a hoof. "Please, my memory is far from needing improvement. You're still the same old Stopwatch within my eyes, every day of the year! How have you been, my friend? Hoping that your life has been a generous one, eh?" He asked, taking in a good view of the front, not even noticing he had made the one odd mare walk away from them. His voice seemed to be more boisterous than usual.

• Brohoof 1

"Well, it is nice to meet you both" Equinox said. "So Grandfather Clock told me that you two were his nieces..." Equinox said. "Why am I trying to speak to these mares...I barely talk to many ponies" Equinox thought to himself.

((The rp is moving slow but at a good pace...I like it))

((Sorry, I'm sorta busy these days... xD))

"Nice to meet you too," Moonstruck, the friendlier of the two, chirped. 

"Throw a couple of greats in there, and yeah, we're his nieces," Sunburst said.

@

Stellar laughed along with him, taking the stallion in for his own hug, patting his back with a hoof. "Please, my memory is far from needing improvement. You're still the same old Stopwatch within my eyes, every day of the year! How have you been, my friend? Hoping that your life has been a generous one, eh?" He asked, taking in a good view of the front, not even noticing he had made the one odd mare walk away from them. His voice seemed to be more boisterous than usual.

"It's been going," Clock conceded. "I've lived here for many long years, though. Ever since before Chime..." He trailed away. 

"But yeah, it's been quiet for a few years now. It's about time I livened things back up again."

• Brohoof 1

((I'm in school and also I said I like it moving at this place because it prevents me from getting behind))

"We'll it is nice to meet you both Moonstruck and you also Sunburst" Equinox said before noticing a mare enter. "Now excuse me as I go see the other guess that are here" Equinox said as he walked away from the two mares.

• Brohoof 1

@

"Ah, of course! Dull and boring is just no fun, no? You always need to have some sort of livelihood within your life! Otherwise, you'd just be growing old with boredom! ...Well, at least for me. But enough of that mess! I think I shall take a few ganders around. We MUST catch up later~." Stellar chimed out, giving him a few pats on the back and heading right behind him into the home, checking to see that two other mares were talking along with a stallion.

• Brohoof 1

Nox stood just inside the door before sighing and moving off to the side. She walked past some interesting decor' and stopped at a door opened just a crack. She peaked in to see a rather pretty kitchen...she'd have to ask Grandfather if she could use it.
She sniffed at the air and turned eyeing the house...it was visibly old but the smell...she could tell that it was even older then it looked. Though Grandfather seemed to do a nice job of keeping the place in tact.
She sighed, glancing over at the door, watching the colt that'd interrupted enter. She eyed him for a moment before leaning against the entrance into the kitchen, glancing around the rest of the place as she awaited Grandfather Clock to enter and give them orders on what to do with their things.

• Brohoof 1

Frost hummed to himself as he trotted along the dirt road, his signature black weave guitar case strapped to his back where it usually was at any given moment. It had...been quite a while since he had seen Grandfather Clock. Hell, if he remembered correctly, the old codger had expressed interest in hearing his music...then degraded it afterwards. Since the encounter, the pegasus had made it a point to compile a selection of his newer stuff for Clock, determined that if one day he met the stallion again, he'd show him a thing or too. And it seemed that the day had come yet again...he hadn't been expecting that invitation.

...that and he supposedly had two attractive young nieces. That totally wasn't the reason he decided to come check out his mansion. At all.

...okay maybe a little bit. Chuckling to himself at the thought, he continued up the road, the mansion coming into view. It certainly wasn't a building style that Frost was familiar with on a personal level; he would much rather live in his cloud house than ANYWHERE on the ground, to be honest. Noticing that Grandfather Clock was busy with some other guests, he trotted past the stallion, passing a smirk and tapping the bag on his back with a nod. Yes...this was going to be fun...

...right after he got a chance to meet the others, of course. Who knows, maybe they were fans of Razorwing?

• Brohoof 2

Equinox decided to approach the mare who was leaning on the entrance to the kitchen. "Excuse me miss...if it doesn't trouble you my name is Equinox plwhat is you name my dear" Equinox asked as he introducedd himself to the mare. "How are you doing this fine evening" Equinox asked

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nox looked up and smiled, holding out a hoof to shake his. "Alo!" She greeted, giving the colt a friendly smile and a nod. "I'm happy to meet you, Equinox. And I am doing quite well, thank you for asking." She said, looking the colt over. He seemed quite polite but rather...different. Something about him seemed rather strange but Nox didn't judge. "Tell me, Mister...Equinox. How do you know Grandfather Clock?" She asked, deciding she'd just leave her things by the door leading into the kitchen as she did want to take some strain off her back.
She moved her hoof around and began to unclip the straps holding her saddlebag on, rolling her shoulders a bit.

• Brohoof 1

" Oh I know him a while back because he helped me out with a...problem I had long ago but now I can't believed he even remembered me I'm not usually the one who is remembered so easily...I'm easily forgotten most the time" Equinox said. "Anyways what about you how do you know Clock" Equinox asked

• Brohoof 1

@

@

"Ah, of course! Dull and boring is just no fun, no? You always need to have some sort of livelihood within your life! Otherwise, you'd just be growing old with boredom! ...Well, at least for me. But enough of that mess! I think I shall take a few ganders around. We MUST catch up later~." Stellar chimed out, giving him a few pats on the back and heading right behind him into the home, checking to see that two other mares were talking along with a stallion.

Clock couldn't help a chuckle. "Quite right, you're quite right." He smiled. "Please, make yourself at home. You might stop in at the bar, or in the Billiard room. Wherever the others are. Head on in! I'll catch up, I need to make sure that dinner preparations are going well."

Clock bustled off, while his nieces, now left without anyone to talk to, wandered towards the billiard table, and began setting it up to play. 

• Brohoof 1

Stellar nodded back to the old geezer, already beginning to head off into the bar and continuing to look about. The colt didn't play around with the decor, everything seemed to be extremely fabulous to his eyes! As he sat up on the barstool, he just simply stared around for a bit, even going to just stare off into space and go into deep thought.

Honestly... I cannot believe the coot has made this much money. Then again, timeless... Oh, what I wouldn't do to have that much of a inheritance. Mother and Father would probably leave me the dining ware. It might be nice to stay in a place like this, rather than an apartment on the highest floor... Oh, what I would do to trade lives with him...

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nox remained silent for a moment as she slid her bags below a small table with a pretty blue vase sitting on top before looking back up at Equinox, smiling. "He Visited my kingdom quite a few years ago. My mother and Father ruled over the place at the time and me (Being quite young) decided I would follow him around some. We got talking and...I rather enjoyed his...um...what's the word..." She trailed off, pausing for a moment before sighing and shaking her head. "I enjoyed his...presence. he was very much a charmer until he decided to insult myself and my kingdom...that was the day he left. I had not really forgiven him since then, since...well...my home is very...um...important to me." She said, glancing down at the designs in the pretty marble floor before looking up. "As well as my traditions and differences from most other ponies. But enough about me. Do you have any idea why he decided to bring us here? I was talking to him before we were...ah...Interrupted. He seemed to believe that he just wanted to say he was sorry...as if he'd said rude things to more then just myself." She shrugged and sighed again, looking off towards the door before looking back at Equinox, deciding to just remain quiet and let him get a few words in.

((For future reference. When Nox kinda pauses in a sentence its just cause her English kinda sucks and though she knows quite a bit, she's still rather bad here and there.))

• Brohoof 1

"Well Even though he helped me...it still didn't turn out well..." equinox said remembering what happened to his parents when he left clock...something happened that he highly regrets. "I rather not talk about what happened...I would suggest he brought us here to apologize to us..." Equinox said

• Brohoof 1