Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming All-arounder game fans (Aka: fan of every company.)

Fantasma Phantasm

Any all-arounders? I'm an all-arounder. I like Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Though this may seem illegal or Taboo in the eyes of many gamers around, I like all of it, scratch that, I LOOVE all of it!! So I pursue to get every system and games for said System! Hopefully i'm not dividing by zero here simply because I like all rival companies. I like the indie-Companies to! So what about you? Are you an All-arounder?

• Brohoof 1

I don't play video games, myself, and I've never understood "brand loyalty".
Just play whatever the fuck you think is good and forget about the brands.
There's nothing worse than a needlessly vocal fanboy, especially when it comes to gaming.

Edited by Derpaholic
  • Brohoof 5

I never understood why all the rage with all of these 'brand loyalties' either. They all are awesome and sucky all at the same time. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Valve... all the same.

Now, I'm a computer gamer, so I prefer Valve, but that's just me. They're all decent.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just a gamer. Period. :)

I love Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft; just as much as I love Sega and Atari. Heck, I still like gaming on PC, as well as Vita & 3DS!

Again, just a gamer. <3

• Brohoof 2

I've always stuck with the games that I wanted to play. If they happened to be on a system I didn't own and I wanted it badly enough, I'd pick it up to play it. I don't do nearly as much gaming nowadays, but "follow the games, not the system" was something that I'd often go with.

Brand loyalty as it exists to me is probably something that marketing departments go nuts over trying to build to keep you coming back. For me though, it's not so much loyalty to the brand as it is, I've had pretty good luck with this brand before, so I'll definitely give them consideration next time around. Example, buying tires, I've stuck with Continental because the sets I've had in the past wore evenly and had desirable performance characteristics in addition to being very competitively priced.

@@PathfinderCS, You and I will get along just fine!

@@Commander Shep-herd, You're right Shepherd. Have fun with everything! So where to Commander?

@@Lunatic Envy,  Awesome! For me is its dis, I go to a Game Stahp, I find ah game, I look at it, and ahm like, "Hm, dis looks like a preety gud game." So ah bai eet, Ah go home and play and ahm like "I really like this game! TANOUTTATAN!" But seriously, I like it, I play it, doesn't matter who. Though some companies pull me in at times, like Nintendo us doing to me right now that doesn't stop me from buying other games.

• Brohoof 2

I let the game itself do the talking. If the game was good, then who really cares who made it? I'm not going to pass up on something I enjoy just because it's from "company X" or "publisher Y" or whatever. Hell, I'd even go so far as to play an EA game as long as they put out something decent. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm an all-arounder as well, I always found it better to just enjoy a game rather than care who made it. Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Valve, EA, who cares as long as it's good. It's fine to prefer a certain company but brand loyalty is annoying.

• Brohoof 2

The only time I've abstained from a game due to its company is when I do so in order to prevent myself from giving money to a company who's practices I do not agree with. Like how I abstained from buying games published directly by EA due to their horrible treatment of their workers and their terrible policies. But normally I will buy a game if  I enjoy playing it regardless of who it is published by, but in extreme circumstances I will "boycott" products from a company because of their customer policies.

Edited by M'aiq the Liar
  • Brohoof 1

Meh, I'm sort of an all arounder, more with Races than with companies. Just like the races, companies have their benefits too. Nintendo has Zelda, Mario and Pokemon; Sony has Octodad, Infamous, and the first silent hill games; then Microsoft has Windows, Halo, and the first ever console port of Minecraft.

I'm actually pretty fond of each of those companies because of that. I don't have a PS3 or anything Sony at the moment, But I still grew up with the Playstation and GBA. That fondness only increased when I saw the capabilities of the Xbox, I was thrilled and jealous of anyone who had one and watching them play.

That's how my fondness for Microsoft came to be, aside from the fact that they had a nice OS at the time, and some of my childhood games were on PC. My Nintendo fondness started just as early as my PS1 days. I had an SNES at the time and was pumped for the GBA. When my brother got one, I hated him for it. He had the only GBA in my family and I always snuck it into my backpack during school so I could play Pokemon Yellow at recess. Then I got Gamecube and The legend of Zelda: Collector's edition on my 6th Christmas. That was the best Gen system I had known and loved. I played every day and it quickly became mine after my brother got his PS2 which he rarely ever let me play. Then, on Christmas Eve, 2007: I got my WII. It was the coolest thing I had seen at the time, and I completely loved using the motion controls, mastering Bowling in WII sports. I barely used the thing outside of Gamecube gaming though, even that was rare because I still preferred the 'cube over it. Then came The Wind Waker. For my 13th birthday, I bought myself a copy of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and played like crazy. It was just after the earth temple that my Gamecube broke. The laser eye finally wore out and I had to put the poor thing to rest...

A few years later after getting my 3DS and reliving some childhood memories, I stole my brother's GBA SP and got Pokemon Leaf Green. Must've played for quite a while because it was well past midnight when the GBA finally died after I saved. On my 18th birthday, my brother got me the Xbox 360 I wanted. I still have the WII, Xbox, 3ds and Gameboy, just nothing Sony. But don't get me wrong, I still play PS2. It's just not as fun because my cousin forces me to play...

I swear recapping my gaming history makes me want to play some game cube now. That and it takes forever, I have a good bit of history.

• Brohoof 1

I don't play mass effect personally, I'm more of a Mirror's Edge and Sims guy myself.

Good games, great universe, sh*tty end of a franchise

Can highly recommend if you're into RPG Shooters and aren't bothered by crappy endings at the end of it's trilogy

I play A LOT of games. Despite I only have Nintendo console and handheld (Wii and DSiXL.) but I'd like to play the PS4 and PSP. Microsoft... PCs. iOS for mobile gaming. Game companies... EA (for NFS), Gameloft (for Asphalt 8), also Ubisoft. I have a lot of companies to say. :P