Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming All-arounder game fans (Aka: fan of every company.)

Fantasma Phantasm

@, I'm glad to see you have such diversity in games! You remind me somewhat of myself!

@@Dattebayo, It TJ La- I mean Commander Shepherd! I love Mass Effect!!

@@M'aiq the Liar,  Can you elaborate? I'd actually like to know more. That sounds horrible and outlandish.

They are known for buying scores off IGN, having day one on disc dlc (parts of the game that is on the disk you buy for $60 is locked behind a paywall, but it is already on the disk you buy when you purchase it), they also have rushed developers like bioware (including cutting deadlines without reason, and threatning to pull funding should they not meet said deadline) and microtransactions in Dead Space 3. And then the always on internet connection for the the newest sim city (you can google sim city debacle). They are renown in the gaming industry for poor customer service and terible business practice, thus my boycott of their products out of not wanting to participate in the issues they bring with them.

• Brohoof 2

It depends, however, there are some titles that i felt the companies did crappy on and thus received a negative feedback on that specific title.  Such as EA and the Mass Effect Incident.

• Brohoof 1

@@M'aiq the Liar, ......I never knew... here... This is how I feel right now, and it'll cheer you up.

Thank-you for telling me this. I now have a reason to dislike EA...

It gets worse. A few months ago they released an awful game called Dungeon Keeper...which is programmed so it is impossible to give a bad review to. If you give the game 5 stars, it thanks you and approves the rating. Anything lower than that and it will link you to a site you can supposedly seek assistance from, but the rating in question becomes null and void. There's a reason EA was the reigning champion for "worst company" two years running.    

• Brohoof 1

It gets worse. A few months ago they released an awful game called Dungeon Keeper...which is programmed so it is impossible to give a bad review to. If you give the game 5 stars, it thanks you and approves the rating. Anything lower than that and it will link you to a site you can supposedly seek assistance from, but the rating in question becomes null and void. There's a reason EA was the reigning champion for "worst company" two years running.

EA was so good with NFS... Now... I lost faith in them. *sighs*
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not exactly an all-arounder. I have always been mainly Nintendo, with some Sony. The fact of the matter is that the core Sony and Microsoft (plus many PC) games just don't appeal to me. I don't like shooters, wars, zombies, violence in general, etc. The PS2 managed to have enough titles outside of that category to want one (mainly the KH series), and I ended up wanting a PS3, too. However, I don't ever see myself wanting a Microsoft console.

Don't get me wrong, though. I certainly can't help but think that the "console wars" are ridiculous. Not only is it a matter of one of the most immature attitudes of all ("Stop liking what I don't like") they literally criticize each other's favorite companies for the very same reasons, which I find hilarious. They ALL criticize the others for not being creative enough, for relying on the same franchises all to often, for not changing said franchises enough, not having enough variety, etc.

The gaming community can be soooo stupid, I swear. It's a simple matter of accepting others have different tastes from you. That's all. I like each mainline Pokemon game even though they are mostly the same thing over and over again. Others like each Call of Duty game, even though (from what others say) they are mostly the same thing over and over again. Why exactly is this a problem? Why do people fight over this?

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I'll play on anything. I've never tried to have wars with "which brand is better" because it's stupid. xP I don't care what brand it is. As long as I find myself a good game I'll play it.

I'm definitely a fan of the idealism of playing what you want to play on whatever. I mean, as long as people like games, does it really matter which platform they're having the most fun on to other people? Nope, it never should. ;)

I'm currently Nintendo only myself though, but there are certainly a lot of games on other platforms that I'm interested in as well. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

The majority of gamers are going to be all-arounders, really. The ones who only get one company's consoles are mostly vocal and seem more populous than they are.

There is, however, a lot of people who don't find enough reasons to own more than just one console and so just stick with what they know the next time around. There's a big difference there.

• Brohoof 1

Wouldn't say I'm a COMPLETE over-rounder. I still despise companies like Activision or EA or Ubisoft. or Capcom on occasion. But overall I still like every companies. Obviously I like some more than others, such as HAL Labs, Double Fine, Treasure and Nintendo.

• Brohoof 1