Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the one thing you look for in a special somepony?

Phoenix Flair

Maybe some of you out there have long checklists someone would have to meet before you would consider getting in a relationship with them, I know I did, but what's the most important thing, in your opinion, that a potential spouse or BF/GF would HAVE to have?

For me, it's passion.  In high school the only boys who asked me out were... well, to put it nicely as I can, losers.  They had no creative hobbies, no career interests, and no plans at all for their future.  I don't understand how someone can't know what they want in life, or at least have something they want to accomplish.  I look for guys who have something they're passionate about, whether that's their job, their hobby, their dreams, or their religion.  I want to be in a relationship with someone who understands what it's like to be driven.

What about y'all?  What's the one thing your special somepony has to have?

• Brohoof 2

A sense of humor.

It's very importAnt for me.

I can't tell you the number of girls I've been with that responded to a joke with "umm...ok."

I don't want to seem like a d*ck, but I like making people laugh.

• Brohoof 2

My own list is relatively short but I would say the most important thing is values and by that I don't mean the kind where you judge and condemn everyone that you disagree with. What I mean I want someone who cares about someone other than themselves, I don't want to be involved with someone who is self absorbed and just goes about their merry way like the whole world revolves around them. I am not expecting perfection here because nobody has that, but I want that sense that they care about something bigger than themselves. I don't expect perfection, I am not looking for Mother Teresa here but it is what is inside that matters most to me.

I don't know. I suppose i could say a "Good-natured personality", but that'd be too vague, wouldn't it? I was always more drawn to certain people by my gut feeling.

I guess what i most yearn for in a romantic interest is a woman who i can click with on an emotional and interpersonal level. I had misfortunes with significant others earlier in my life, and it's kind of harder for me to trust other people unless iv'e known them for some time now. It's even harder for me to get attached to people who distance themselves from me, obviously. I like girls who i can have good discourse with, small or otherwise, a good sense of humor, kindness, intelligence and other positive traits.

I find it hard to describe what makes me connect to a person, but it's usually those small things.

I am not interested in love or romance or sex at all. I mean seriously, I have never found anybody particularly attractive. Sure, there are guys that are 'hot' and better looking, and guys that aren't as good looking, and girls that are 'hot' and better looking and girls that aren't as 'hot' or good looking, but it's all my opinion.

Anyway, i'd like a nerdy guy that is intelligent and isn't into all of that 'romance' and 'love'. I'd just like somebody to talk to and maybe play video games with and do commentary on bad movies with. Also, a sense of humor for VERY BAD PUNS. I'm not expecting perfection, but just a nerdy dude that's intelligent and isn't into romance or love. Even though that's what being a boyfriend/girlfriend is all about, I guess, I really don't have much experience in this area.

My special person must be intellectual, and willing to surpass the mundane limits of this world with their mind. They must challenge our reality, as I do everyday. They must question, always ask why, and think beyond. And they must strive to improve themself and never give up on their dreams, no matter what. They will want to improve their mind and their body. 

Being intellectual to me doesn't mean you know a whole buttload of facts though. It means more. They have to be emotionally intelligent, able to control their feelings and understand mine. I cannot share my life with someone who doesn't understand me and isn't on my level. It simply would be an unhappy experience for the both of us. And that is why this is vital, because my entire existence revolves around the mental and the spiritual, not the instincts of this meat world.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

1. Sense of humor

2. Kind and compassionate

3. Some level of intelligence

4. Shares at least some of my interests

5. Someone who I can be close to...

Some of this falls on me. More than anything else, I want to be with someone who I can love and appreciate. I want to treat them like my best friend, someone who I never want to let go of.

Too many times do I see people with standards not only of a potential partner, but on their own self in that they become so rigid that it leads to arguments & what not.

I don't ever want to do that...

I have a couple XD Kind,sweet,caring,funny,someone who I can feel comfortable being myself around,respectful and have some similar interests.

Edited by Veolala

I suppose that I would desire to have a very special friend. A person that likes to talk and learn about me. I would have to decide on personality if and when I meet a person that becomes that special friend. I certainly don't have authority to judge what would be right when I have no experience knowing.

*brushes hair back with comb and flicks it around* I'm my own special somepony. ;3 Nothing beats perfection like my lovely self.

Seriously though. I don't look for anything specific. ^_^ If I like them I like them.

What do I look for in a special somepony?

For me it's Patience... Plain and is a simple a thing there is, but also unusually rare in most people, some having little to none these days, but girls tell me? Are you a patient woman? This is important to me... To us, Lemme explain? Should you agree to be my girl? Listen, in my lifetime, I've required vast quantities of patience: My family, my friends, and especially my significant other. She above all should. Lemme explain? If she is patience? If she is understandable and forgiving? If she doesn't sweat the small stuff because life is too short for petty Incredible Hulk freak outs at every little problem... and has all that with the bag of chips. Then I know she'll be able to put up with me... That's not a self esteem issue.

I know I could be a bit much and you would never have known that about me if I hadn't said so just then, but this is all of me or none of me we're speaking you gotta take the good as well as the bad in you man. So I guess you do now. It's not easy dealing with Asperger's Syndrome or Asperger Disorder or ADHD. The HD stands for HIGH DEFINITION LOL! ADHD, in itself can often lead to a lot of..... Hmmm, drama I guess, Lemme explain?

My own mother has and even said to me she had so much patience. Who could blame her? She has had dealt with a lot from me throughout my whole life, even as a child... If you got ADHD or ADD you know what it's like. I'm better now because I've matured, but I still have a lot more room for growth. 

My mindset may often seem "teenage" or immature to downright childish, but us boys are always like that. Come now admit it ladies. Just look at your Dad or Uncle or Biggest brother(s) and tell me you don't sometimes see little boy in an adult's body? Really though, that so often that can be awkward at times, because, I'm 27 and although we all have our immature moments. I digress with having probably more so than others. I can think like I'm 17 rather than someone who should be thinking 27?

You ever heard the phrase "Act your age not like your shoe size"? I look down and my foot is a 13 / 14 size. Pretty big foot... Well, I once had a lot of trouble understanding my age group when I was the age at the time. Ok so I'm 27 now, what do other 27's do? College, work, wife and family, a job... Independence. Any of these things seem like everyday adult stuff but that's what an adult is. That means I should be well on my own, have a wife at least 1 son by now and a decent job to support my family. But I know there's more to it. I don't have ANY of those things. I tried mind you but everything has to be so hard. Applying, Interviews finally getting hired. I've only worked 2 and half times in my working lifetime. that's 17 on up for me.  but I digress. The main thing out of being beautiful inside and out, kind, virtuous above all is patience. If you got enough of that we'll get along just fine.

It does seem often that I tend to talk a lot too. You might have noticed that from all my posts? Some of which could lead to mild to VERY annoyances? Knowing that, I am so grateful that this place has a "love and tolerate every pony" thing, that I feel I could talk as much as I want in order to say what I wanna say and nobody would be troubled by it, but still some outside the realms of love and tolerance, some will become fed up and even throw in some harsh SHUT UP! lines. I may talk a lot every pony, but for me, that is only because I have much to say about things... There's a difference.

This has been SuperBrony87 and you just learned a little more about me. Thanks for reading <3

post-31899-0-81198900-1422987040_thumb.jpg

Not too picky or greedy for materialistic needs, true honesty, whole-hearted emotion, a substantial increase in maturity over the rest. Someone who likes to have fun, seeks the moment and never judges the future in a bad way. Perhaps someone like me, two rebels against the world, doing whatever we want and still staying out of trouble. I can only dream though.