Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you get mad when someone criticizes your favourite childhood thing?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Do you get mad?  

63 users have voted

1. 1. Do you get mad?

• Yes I am very mad!
    • U mad bro?

Most of the time I don't get angry. I either change my perspective of what I liked as a kid, still like it even though the person critisizing it made good points, or I laugh at how bad their aguement is and pass it off as another immature comment.

• 8 months later...

I don't recall ever seeing or hearing someone do this to one of my childhood interests, but, it probably wouldn't bother me since I'm rarely very defensive or anything, and I understand that even if I loved something to death, it isn't completely flawless. I can take other opinions, sure, though mindless hate will make me worry about you. :comeatus:

You can bash Flash Sentry and the EG films. You can say Sony and Microsoft are better than Nintendo for their better specs. But you don't DARE dis Disney, especially my favorite animated films, like the Lion King and Frozen!  :angry:

Well, it depends. Plenty of people continually criticize things about me just to be critical. That is when I get mad. When people present me reasons for something, then it's an opinion. I can disagree with opinions, but not hate on people for them. So as long as there is a reason behind it I am cool. But when people are just being rediculous just to be mean, what else am I going to do.

Nope. I may like some of my childhood things to pieces, but I am definitely not going to say that everything from it is perfect. I see plenty of flaws with the stuff I grew up with, in fact. As I get older, I lose interest in my favourite childhood things and look for something else to try out.

No, of course not. I'm perfectly alright with someone not liking something that I do or once did.

Normally, no.  I don't get too sensitive when people criticize things from my childhood.  

Except for Casper.  Don't dis' on my childhood imaginary friend, aye.  He and I had a lot of conversations when I was about 3 or 4 years old, tehehe.  

Casper-247042692-large.jpg

He's the friendly ghost.   :) 

~ Miles

Nope, I know their are always flaws with the things I like. When people criticize unfairly or just has wrong facts, I won't get mad, but more confused on where they got this info. 

(edited)

Yes.

As it is my childhood, everyone around me is required to like it or I will rage like there's no tomorrow.

Ha, only joking. Seriously though, it doesn't matter whether or not someone likes something I liked when I was younger. If that weren't the case, we wouldn't be allowed to have opinions on anything. 

When I was younger, I loved Thomas and Friends. If someone says they don't like it, that's fine.

Edited by Blackened

Not really, I don't really care about that, those are just other people's opinions. People are entitled to their own opinions. 

Not constructive criticism but destructive criticism is what makes me mad. I played Nintendo during my childhood and still do and I don't like it when Nintendo or any game company gets criticized for invalid reasons. It shows arrogance. I'm also fond of cartoons as well and hate it when people say all cartoons now are bad.

Surprisingly no. I am a very nostalgic person and I can get frustrated easily, yet if someone happens to be insulting or criticizing something from my childhood, I don't mind. Odds are I may be critical of something from their childhood so it goes both ways on that. It is one of those things I am not really defensive about.

Well it depends on what is being insulted. I'll probably laugh more than get angry in most cases. There really isn't a reason to be upset because someone fails to understand your childhood. Just laugh it off and move on.

I don't care. They were missing out if they didn't like it :P

I didn't play alot of games other then castlevania though, My Childhood is mostly Edd Ed and Eddy, Scooby doo and Teen titans I guess ^^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Totally depends on how they criticize it (whatever it is): if they explain why and if they say "I dislike it" and not "it's bad", then it's ok.

Edited by Blobulle

Not constructive criticism but destructive criticism is what makes me mad. I played Nintendo during my childhood and still do and I don't like it when Nintendo or any game company gets criticized for invalid reasons. It shows arrogance. I'm also fond of cartoons as well and hate it when people say all cartoons now are bad.

Nintendo is for kids lolololol :^)

I don't play Nintendo but I like a tonne of stuff

which could be considered childish MLP being one of them

I'm 45.  The days of caring what other people think of what I like are long gone. I like what I like and if you don't like it, that's fine with me.  If you want to tell me about why you don't like it and try to convince me that liking it is wrong, I have a big glass of STFU for you.  I've never had someone take that attitude with me.  A long time friend had to make some gay jokes when he found out I liked the show, but I've known this guy for 15+ years & ribbing eachother in that way is just the kind of fun we like.  I made a remark about how his mom under my desk disagreed...we had a good laugh and that was it.  He's still one of my best friends & the fun and games continues.  I guess it has to do with the people you choose to surround yourself with to begin with.

(edited)

No, not really.  :P

I could care less.

People can criticize my favorite childhood things (SUCH AS [insert oldschool CN show here. *cough* Batman Beyond *cough*]) all they want to, and they have every right to do so.

Edited by Guest