Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

anypony think there should be a mlp video game for consoles?

djtoMm

I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt whether there would be enough interest to justify the costs. Maybe an indie game that is download only?

• Brohoof 1

better question what gamer hasn't wished for such a thing I can easily imagine Hasbro giving some rights to Microsoft so that they can make a game Hasbro gave some rights to Microsoft so that we can have MLP avatar gear and gamer pictures so yeah as for Sony I don't know I don't really pay any attention to them

• Brohoof 1

I would definitely play an MLP FiM video game :)

I think it should be either an RPG or a fighting game.

(And no, I don't count 'Fighting is Magic' as an actual video game).

• Brohoof 1

I'd like an MLP:FIM game (ideally, developed by WayForward) for either Wii U or 3DS.  I've seen a good number of MLP-related drawings on Miiverse; both drawings done in Miiverse and drawings posted from Art Academy.  There's one particularly amazing Brony artist (named Luigi lol) that's active in the AA community.  I think there's interest on Nintendo platforms.

• Brohoof 4

Imagine a game like South Park: The Stick of Truth (but with pony, and less sh*ttyness)

You create an character with a deep character customization menu (allowing you to replicate your OC), and it lets you loose in Equestria.

You get to do little side quests and main missions for familiar faces as the "New pony in town" or something.

It's fighting gameplay would be Paper Mario-esque

That would be my perfect MLP game.

• Brohoof 3

I agree 100% that there should be some kind of free-roam or RPG style MMO of my little pony G4!

You could play as either the mane 6 characters (switching between them like in GTA5) or as your own OC that you could make in game.

Imagine the awesomeness! 20% cooler than all other games B)

When I read that, I imagined Rainbow Dash taking on a horde of Changelings lol.

That game is on deviant art, I think it's called the rainbow dash shooter project :P

• Brohoof 2

If they make an MLP video game for consoles, I think it should be an action/adventure game like the Legend of Spyro games where you travel the world and defeat enemies and solve puzzles. You can play as the Mane Six each with different abilities e.g. Rainbow Dash is faster, Applejack is physically stronger. With villains like Discord and Tirek we could have an interesting story.

If anything the MLP game should be cross console because exclusives are arguably the most anti-consumer part of the gaming industry but that is neither here nor there.

I personally could take or leave a pony game, legends of Equestria sounds fun (I think that was the MMOs name, I'll look it up later) but would probably get dull eventually and just turn into a forum with graphics. A pony turn based game might work but not being a fan of turn based games I'd be a tad disinterested in such a thing. Without a genre in the question and this level of open to interpretation I'd have to say maybe but I can't really see a decent game that goes well with the story and theme of the show but hey that's just me :P

I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt whether there would be enough interest to justify the costs. Maybe an indie game that is download only?

It would make sense, a MLP game would look better with sprites rather than elaborated polygons. You should see the few downloadable games that uses sprites instead of polygons, like DuckTales Remastered, those sprites are works of art,  MLP would look fantastic like that 

It would make sense, a MLP game would look better with sprites rather than elaborated polygons. You should see the few downloadable games that uses sprites instead of polygons, like DuckTales Remastered, those sprites are works of art,  MLP would look fantastic like that 

That's not a bad idea. I think a nice non-serious RPG would fit the MLP world & lore quite well in the style you describe. :)

Hmm, I'm not sure! Firstly, it's rare that I like games based on movies or shows, so I'm sorry if I'm a bit biased.

Aside from that, I'd be worried the game would be too easy, considering the target audience for MLP is children (remember that us older fans are outweighed by the amount of younger viewers even though our fandom is big), so I'd feel like I wouldn't find it challenging or all that enjoyable! The concept is nice though, I just feel like it'd be a bit too simplistic.

That's why I enjoy the fandom-made games and mods!

If adventure time gets one my so should my little pony. I have some ideas

After completing a level you write about it in the Journal and by reading the Journal you can replay levels

Make it canon have the characters in the game learn about Equestrian history and make that canon

Alternative outfits like a wonderbolt costume for Rainbow dash Or leather stockings for applejack

Mini games stupid and silly games that have no impact on the story (pinkie and discord could make this work)

Boss fights progress through the seasons and fight discord and kind sombre last boss tirek

If a play beats the game on hard mode and ever harder difficulty comes up for Bronies and hard core gamers

Edited by rainbowsmash13