Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Best movie(s) you have NEVER seen?

碇 シンジン

There are many fantastic movies I've seen, here are some of them:

The Avengers and The Dark Knight. Best superhero movies. Not my favourites, but the best well-written and most entertaining.

The Lion King and Toy Story. Greatest hand-drawn and CGI movies in every way.

Lord of the Rings by Peter Jackson is a fantastic interpretation of the books. Not exactly as good, but at least better than the Ralph Bakshi and Rankin/Bass animated movies about the books, which were phisically much closer, but less entertaining in the story department. It's sad that Tolkien died before seeing this movies, because he would be honored.

Star Wars, still the greatest movie franchise I've ever seen, even the prequels which are decent at best are still much better than most movies, both in story and CGI effects.

Only the first trilogy is saved as THE best trilogy of all time.

The Harry Potter was good, the Prisoner of Azkaban was fantastic, and the closest one to the books, also being the darkest. But after this one, the series started being just "meh".

Pulp Fiction, Quentin Tarantino's masterpiece. That's all there is to say.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Best western movie of all time. The tune is still iconic, the actors are still solid, the writing is great, and there are bits of both great humor and great drama.

The Godfather. What do I have to say about this movie, along with the sequels. Fantasic. Probably the best movie based on a book, even superior to Lord of the Rings.

• Brohoof 1

There are many fantastic movies I've seen, here are some of them:

The Avengers and The Dark Knight. Best superhero movies. Not my favourites, but the best well-written and most entertaining.

The Lion King and Toy Story. Greatest hand-drawn and CGI movies in every way.

Lord of the Rings by Peter Jackson is a fantastic interpretation of the books. Not exactly as good, but at least better than the Ralph Bakshi and Rankin/Bass animated movies about the books, which were phisically much closer, but less entertaining in the story department. It's sad that Tolkien died before seeing this movies, because he would be honored.

Star Wars, still the greatest movie franchise I've ever seen, even the prequels which are decent at best are still much better than most movies, both in story and CGI effects.

Only the first trilogy is saved as THE best trilogy of all time.

The Harry Potter was good, the Prisoner of Azkaban was fantastic, and the closest one to the books, also being the darkest. But after this one, the series started being just "meh".

Pulp Fiction, Quentin Tarantino's masterpiece. That's all there is to say.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Best western movie of all time. The tune is still iconic, the actors are still solid, the writing is great, and there are bits of both great humor and great drama.

The Godfather. What do I have to say about this movie, along with the sequels. Fantasic. Probably the best movie based on a book, even superior to Lord of the Rings.

Question was which films you haven't seen but I appreciate your answer.

It's a Wonderful Life

Inception

Inception is on my list and I plan to watch it at some juncture, but at this point I kinda relish the shock that people get when they find out I've yet to see the Capra classic. ^_^

I haven't seen Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

Star Wars (the Original Trilogy) ... please see ... you make a me sad. The other two had better source material. :D

• Brohoof 1

Question was which films you haven't seen but I appreciate your answer.

Title confused me. I though it said "ever", not "never".

The Shlinder's List. They say it's Steven Spielberg's best movie.

Also, Tangled. People went crazy for this movie and I don't know why, but I don't care.

• Brohoof 1

Star Wars (the Original Trilogy) ... please see ... you make a me sad. The other two had better source material. :D

I had it on dvd but I never found the time to watch it and then I lost it and I kinda know what happens there because all the spoilers and Star Wars references.

Best movie? Hm...

GOTG_Payoff_1-Sht_v4b_Lg.jpg

Best movie I've ever seen. Hands down.

EDIT: Wait NEVER seen? ._. In that case then... Human Centipede! I know I know. I'm a twisted human being.

Edited by Elegance
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really trust other people's opinions of movies or any other media, I mean everyone said Inception was really good but, I thought it was mediocre at best. Everyone likes Batman movies but, I don't like Batman so I don't like the movies.

There are no best movies, there are only people's favourites. :)

• Brohoof 1

I haven't seen a lot of movies that everyone says were the best. Off the top of my head I haven't seen Gravity, Guardians of The Galaxy, the first two Nolan Batman movies and the entire Star Wars series save for A New Hope, 

• Brohoof 1

This is a good sounding thread, I rarely ever watch films that people beg me to see.  I watch movies that interest me, unless if it's something like Wolf of Wallstreet.  People can whine and complain why I haven't watched the unbelievable story of... how some stock broker got screwed; I will never ever see it.  It looks SO BORING!

I prefer fun movies like Guardians of the Galaxy, Rubber or any animated movie.

I can surmise what movies I haven't (and will never) watch is ninety five percent of all the "based on a true story" or "inspired by real events" movies.  I don't want to watch movies that happened in real life, I like escapism.  Also any movie that I should watch JUST BECAUSE a name actor is in it.  I asked a couple of guys if they would watch a movie where Robert De Niro played a child rapist who would get away with it.  One guy said yes, the other guy said "Yeah, it's a movie called Cape Fear."  I looked at the trailer for that one and that looked just about as garbage as Wolf of Wall Street.

Also I try my best not to go into a conniption if someone hasn't watched a movie that I liked.  Unlike some people who worship the ground Martin Scorsese walks on.

I just want to smack people sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

Titanic

Let me put it to you this way...............avoid that film, b/c

A. its too slow

B. Indeed its depressing b/c of the true event

&

C. Prepare yourself with lots of tissues. 

• Brohoof 1

I'll just list some of the films that I haven't seen yet, but would really like to watch eventually:

Lost in Translation

Taxi Driver

La Dolce Vita

Gone with the Wind

Fight Club

The Usual Suspects

Boyhood

The Deer Hunter

The Sandlot

Apocalypse Now

National Lampoon's Animal House

Gravity

....Just to name a few, actually.

Edited by CinemaBrony
  • Brohoof 2

Oh this is easy ^_^

The Godfather

Citizen Kane

Casablanca

The Dark Knight Rises- I know not everyone loved it but I've heard alot about it ^_^

The Hunger Games

It's A Wonderful Life

The Avengers

Harry Potter Series

Lord of the Rings series

Star Wars series

The Amazing Spider-Man

Star Trek series

And...that's pretty much it :) All the movies that people have raved about or at least have recommended me to see ALOT. As for new releases I know that Guardians of the Galaxy is getting alot of hype but I haven't seen it yet and won't for a couple months until it's available online :P

Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 2