Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your opinion on store brand

chirox the pony

Whether or not they're actual the same as the more well known brand names is something I can't comment on.

All that I can say is the the store brand shampoo and mouth wash that I use work just fine; from what I can tell at least.

it really dpeends on what the original product is,a nd how unique they are. No cola ever tastes like Coke or pepsi, Nothing is quite like Pringles, That sort of thing. If it'sa unique flavour, the cheap version isn't as good.

But if it's generic shit like Milk, ham, that sorta thing, you're probably fine.

• Brohoof 2

I always buy the store brand (except soda) you will save a lot of money and it is the same exact product. I mean why would I ever pay more for something when I can get the same thing for less. It always amazes me how much a company an charge for a label, don't believe me look at clothing. Anyway I am rambling long story short yes will always buy store brand (unless I have a coupon).

• Brohoof 2

Depends on the product really. I can tell you that I can tell the difference between name brand and generic on most things (like Icy Haze said), but there are things that are close enough of a facsimile that I'll pick them up to save a little.

• Brohoof 1

It all depends on the product for me. Certain crisps I will not get store brand but stuff like digestives or chocolate is fine in my book, they are just as nice as official branded chocolate. Crisps on the other hoof, noooot so much, less taste in my opinion. 

I am a fussy eater though soooo yeah. Unless it's sweets, any sweet is good enough, *Drooling* especially Skittles *Zones out*

At least here in Finland, store brands aren't half bad.
No, they're not necessarily EXACTLY up to par with some of the better-established brands, but some of them do come VERY close.
I buy my fair share of store brands, because, as many have mentioned already, it's a great way to save money.
Pretty much the only exceptions to this are soft drinks, as I only drink Fanta and Pepsi Max, both of which have very distinct tastes that appeal to me.

Edited by Derpaholic

Sometimes store brand products / knock-offs are terrible, and sometimes they're about as good as (and, on occasion, even better than) the pricier name brand equivalent.  I'll often give the store brand products a test run, and if they stink it's simply back to name brand or going without lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Some store brand stuff is okay. I got some store brand cheese balls not long ago, and both me and my dad thought they were actually really good. We also get grocery store brand bread that is REALLY good as well. However, some store brand stuff isn't all that great. I think it depends more on quality, but there also those who can't afford the higher quality stuff either. Most people with a low income or whatever can only afford store brand because it's cheaper.

Oh, as the poster above said too... I also, on occassion get store brand soda as well. Like I said, some of the stuff is actually good, but not all of it though. I think most of the time it's because I'm more used to higher quality rather than just cheap quality.

Edited by AutisticAlice

• 8 months later...

Almost everything I get now, aside from bread, seems to be store brand, since I like being careful about how much I spend... I've never been good at noticing the differences between them and branded products (if I do notice a difference, it will be so minimal to me that I don't worry about it in deciding which one to get), but the quality of them is often good enough for me, and sometimes- though rarely- even better than the branded products of them. 

Cheap low quality crap that is made in some country called the People's Republic of China in which it can only be used as dog food.

China is just "some country"? And man you've gotta have a really bad store if it tastes like dog food. 

• 2 weeks later...

For lots of stuff store band is just fine with me. In some cases, for example milk, store brand is the exact same. I took a tour of a Mayfield dairy once and they explained how they bottled some milk into Mayfield bottles and some into Kroger bottles.

store brand = generic right?

we dont have alot of that here except for large supermarkets

but most of my medicine are generics especially for common illnesses 

In my experience store brand usually tastes just as good (and sometimes better) as the big name brand stuff. If it tastes just as good and lets you save a few cents, why not? 

• 7 years later...

Depends on what I'm buying, most drinks or household items it's typically a non issue, but when it's junk food....I just need my Doritos, Oreos, Chips Deluxe, etc...