Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Favorite Season 4 Song?

Zygen

33 users have voted

1. 1. What is Your Favorite Season 4 Song?

• "Hearts Strong as Horses"
    • "Bats"
    • "Generosity "
    • "Apples to the Core"
    • "Glass of Water"
    • "Pinkie the Party Planner"
    • "The Super Duper Party Pony"
    • "Pinkie's Lament"
    • "The Goof Off"
    • "Cheese Confession"
    • "Make a Wish"
    • "Music in the Treetops"
    • "Find the Music in You"
    • "Flim Flam Miracle Curative Tonic"
    • "The Rappin Hist'ry of the Wonderbolts"
    • "You'll Play Your Part"
    • "Let the Rainbow Remind You"

Alright, so I know Season 4 has been over for a little while now, but regardless i'm curious about something.

Season 4 had a fair amount of songs, and in my opinion quite a lot of really good ones! (Then again I really like music, and music in MLP really, so maybe I'm just biased to like them ;p.) 

But whether or not you thought the songs in Season 4 are better or worse than those in other seasons, I'm curious as to which is your favorite.

I don't think I'm going to list them all out, for multiple reasons, (partially laziness ;p.) plus I'll probably end up writing a super long essay if I do, because I'll feel inclined to share my thoughts on each and everyone of them.

I might include a list, or maybe a poll though.....

Ok screw it, I'm adding a poll ;p.

Anyways, not to complex a question, so I don't really guess I need a long rambled explanation as if that will stop me ;p.

As for me, I think that my favorite song from season 4 is either "Pinkie's Lament." Or "Find the Music in You"

I think one thing that stops me from having "Find the Music in You"  become my favorite for sure is because of the way it was in the episode, it's kind of disjointed, which makes it feel a bit odd. And short.

Plus, i'm kinda a sucker for sad songs, and "Pinkie's Lament" is a great one, easily my favorite sad song in the show I think. (Even if technically half of it is more happy.) Honestly I still like the happy part though, especially that "Like they've never known!" Note. 

Really though I can't say I disliked any of the songs in Season 4, I just have some I liked better, but there were quite a lot of really good and enjoyable songs in my opinion.

Add in the fact I like music in general, as well as music from the show in general, and well, yeah I liked basically all of Season 4's songs.(There's only really like 1 song in the whole series I dislike lol.) 

But i'll stop my rambling here, and leave you with my question.

Have a good day you guys! 

"Bats!" is my favorite one, i can't stop listening to that song, i also loved "Let The Rainbow Remind You", "Apples To The Core" and "You'll Play Your Part", and of couse my second favorite, "Pinkie's Lament", can't believe i almost forgot about that...

Edited by Fawkes The Phoenix
  • Brohoof 1

We have to pick only one? How am I supposed to do that? :o

Well, I like Find the Music in You, Bats, and Apples to the Core.. but if I had to pick one, it would be Apples to the Core.

Ik, My feelings too xD. But I tried my best myself.

I love so many songs in S4, for different reasons, but I tried to pick my favorite. 

Dude that's not fair. There are so many  :unsure:  Uh... maybe Bats? Nono... Glass of Water? But Apples to the Core, FInd the Music, and Play Your Part are awesome too. This is a really hard question.

:comeatus: All of them.

Haha yeah, there are a good number of them, 17 I believe. 

It is a really hard question, I love so many of the songs in the show! Daniel ingram is too good :P.

"Bats!" is my favorite one, i can't stop listening to that song, i also loved "Let The Rainbow Remind You", "Apples To The Core" and "You'll Play Your Part", and of couse my second favorite, "Pinkie's Lament", can't believe i almost forgot about that...

"Bats" is really cool, I like the darker key and feel it has. Very nice change, and feels very different from many other songs. But very enjoyable too. 

I'm split between Pinkie's Lament and You'll play Your Part. But I went with the latter because I listen to it just a tad more than Pinkie's Lament.

I really like both, for various reasons, but "Pinkie Lament" i like more, because despite the fact that I really like Twilights signing voice, "Pinkie's Lament" is just so good!

But really both are great.

(I may also be biased because I did a cover of "Pinkie's Lament" ;p.)

Pinkie's Lament. Sums up why I love Pinkie and shows Pinkie with feels and depth. Also is wonderfully animated with Pinkie's mane blowing in the wind.

Pinkie's lament is a really good representation of Pinkie, honestly the whole episode it's contained in is a great representation of Pinkie, but that is a discussion for another time ;p.

Oh and I love that animation, not to mention that powerful note. Gave me some major goosebumps the first time.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 2

Generosity :wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcsZmxEYl6Q

This song made me melt into a puddle, I tell ya :wub: Her voice is so beautiful...befitting of one like Joan of Arc, Cleopatra or Aphrodite :wub:

"Generosity" was pretty good as well, I actually think my favorite part is the reprise, simply because it was so beautiful. 

And Rarity has a really nice voice, as do all the mane 6 really, I like different aspects of them all. Rarity has a beautiful vibrato I think.

Pinkie's lament. The feels were real.  :maud:

Let The Rainbow Remind You was also nice and gets a honorable mention. 

Yeah, those feels still get me a little, even after listening to it a million times.

"Let the Rainbow Remind You" Was a fun song, and has a nice concluding feel to it, it was a little short, but still a good song :).

This is though, since season 4 had a lot of wonderful songs. If I could only pick one, I'd probably pick Apple to the Core, or maybe Bats. 

Yeah, tell me about it, I had a difficult enough time choosing myself, and honestly I could easily say something good about every song really. There was a lot of good songs, not to mention a nice bit of variety in the songs. 

• Brohoof 2

This is my favorite song from season four:

And also I liked "Let the Rainbow Remind You."  Though I prefer its full name: "Let the Rainbow Remind You That Rainbow Dash is Awesome (and Her Rap was Really Cute, Be Quiet)."

HAHA, I forgot about that scene, thank you for reminding me about it haha. 

The whole wonderbolt rap thing was pretty funny, although I don't know if I could look at it from a serious perspective, it was just hilarious, which is frankly fine xD.

I thought you were going to call it "Let the Rainbowdash remind you" or something like that ;p.

The Rap was cute, not gonna lie, and Pinkie's reaction was pretty hilarious :D.

• Brohoof 2

Season 4 cranked out one awesome song after another, so it extremely hard to pick just one song! I chose Apples to the Core, because it's the song that happened to pop into my head first! I love them all, though!

• Brohoof 1

I loved You'll Play Your Part (princess quartet; woo!), so I'm going with that. The chorus is fantastic, and I really like Cadence's singing in this song. So, You'll Play Your Part gets my vote.

However...

...Since this season had a bunch of great songs, I'll leave a little Honorable Mentions list:

Honorable Mentions

Pinkie's Lament
Make a Wish
Find the Music in You
The Rappin' Hist'ry of the Wonderbolts
Let the Rainbow Remind You

• Brohoof 2

Don't get me wrong, I love EVERY single song in the entire show, including S4 opkors... ahihihi.gif

But if I have to choose a favorite, I'd go for "You'll Play Your Part", because of how well the harmonies are executed... (and opkors Luna and Cadance.)ahihihi.gif

• Brohoof 1

Bats! was my absolute favorite. It had this great Danny Elfman vibe to it, wonderful backing music, and striking visuals. Especially on Applejack's parts. Dang gurl.

I really admire Elfman's work; with the "Beetlejuice" soundtrack still being my favorite of his compositions.  So I feel kind of stupid for not having picked up on said vibe until after I read your post lol.  I believe my mom really liked that song.  And she's had me play "Apples to the Core" for her repeatedly, back to back.  To back.  Maybe my mom just likes it when Applejack sings, Idunno. xD

• Brohoof 3

My favourite Season 4 song changes frequently, but my most favourite song of Season 4 at the moment is Pinkie's Lament. I just love how the song gets happier as it progresses. Shannon Chan-Kent's performance is great too, much better than usual.

Other songs I like are You'll Play Your Part and Generosity. Especially Generosity, I'm a sucker for Broadway/jazz/metropolitan music. :P

• Brohoof 2

Only one?! Why you torture me so?

In honesty, my favorite would have to be You'll Play Your Part. Not only does it have all four princesses singing (all princesses are best princess), but it's just a beautiful piece. The sorrowful lamentation of Twilight questioning her purpose as a princess is quickly followed by a heartfelt reaffirmation how much Twilight truly matters and that her purpose will become known in time. Also I just love the line "As the Sun rises, so does the Moon. As Love finds a place in every heart, you are a princess, you'll play you part.".

Other favorite songs would be Generosity (Reprise), Pinkie the Party Planner, Pinkie's Lament, Make a Wish, Find the Music in You and Let the Rainbow Remind You. 

• Brohoof 2

Season 4 cranked out one awesome song after another, so it extremely hard to pick just one song! I chose Apples to the Core, because it's the song that happened to pop into my head first! I love them all, though!

True true true. S4 was awesome with songs, I like all the songs in the show as I've said, but S4 just had some amazing work.

And "Apples to the Core" seems to get stuck in your head really easy, so it's no surprise it's the first that came to your mind ;p.

I LOVED "You'll Play Your Part" and "Let The Rainbow Remind You"

I'd have to pick You'll Play Your Part though.

"You'll Play Your Part" is Beautiful, Them harmonies, and all them great singing voices. (Cadence has an awesome singing voice too oml.)

"Let the Rainbow Remind You" is catchy for sure too. A bit short, but still good.

My favorite ones were Bats and Let the Rainbow Remind You.

Very contrasting songs haha, one is darker toned, and another much cheerier and brighter :P.

Bats! was my absolute favorite. It had this great Danny Elfman vibe to it, wonderful backing music, and striking visuals. Especially on Applejack's parts. Dang gurl.

*insert Danny Elfman voice*

Forgive me for not knowing who Danny Elfman is(Or I don't think I do, idk really, honestly I don't know much when it comes to famous people. ;p.)

Applejacks parts were definately the highlight, I liked the contrast between the two, and I still like Fluttershy's parts, but Applejack's vocals just worked perfectly for the tone she had.

I loved You'll Play Your Part (princess quartet; woo!), so I'm going with that. The chorus is fantastic, and I really like Cadence's singing in this song. So, You'll Play Your Part gets my vote.

However...

...Since this season had a bunch of great songs, I'll leave a little Honorable Mentions list:

Honorable Mentions

Pinkie's Lament

Make a Wish

Find the Music in You

The Rappin' Hist'ry of the Wonderbolts

Let the Rainbow Remind You

Yeah, the Chorus is really nice, especially with all the harmonies. And Cadence has an awesome singing voice, not to mention Celestia's voice is pretty good too and returns, Luna's voice is basically Rarities, but Rarity has a good singing voice, so I'm ok with that.

And Twilight singing voice is more or less my favorite on the show overall. Something about it I just like.

Don't get me wrong, I love EVERY single song in the entire show, including S4 opkors... img-3062172-1-ahihihi.gif

But if I have to choose a favorite, I'd go for "You'll Play Your Part", because of how well the harmonies are executed... (and opkors Luna and Cadance.)img-3062172-2-ahihihi.gif

Yeah, I love every singing song on the show(Except "Princess Twilight Cometh" Simply because it was.. bleh, It hardly felt like a song lol.)

The harmonies are very nice on "You'll Play Your Part" The individual parts are pretty awesome too though.

Bats is my favorite song of the whole show. I just love the tone to it.

Honorable mentions: Let the Rainbow Remind You, Make a Wish, Generosity, Hearts as Strong as Horses

The tone is very different for Bats, and that's actually a good thing, it's nice to hear something that has a very different tone than many of the songs on the show currently.

My favourite Season 4 song changes frequently, but my most favourite song of Season 4 at the moment is Pinkie's Lament. I just love how the song gets happier as it progresses. Shannon Chan-Kent's performance is great too, much better than usual.

Other songs I like are You'll Play Your Part and Generosity. Especially Generosity, I'm a sucker for Broadway/jazz/metropolitan music. :P

Yeah, mine too haha, It jumps around a lot, just because of all the great songs in the season.

Also, forgive me for my ignorance, but I just realized after you made that comment that Pinkie doesn't have her voice actor singing, I am so smert ;p.

Regardless I like Pinkie's singing voice, as well as the song.

Only one?! Why you torture me so?

In honesty, my favorite would have to be You'll Play Your Part. Not only does it have all four princesses singing (all princesses are best princess), but it's just a beautiful piece. The sorrowful lamentation of Twilight questioning her purpose as a princess is quickly followed by a heartfelt reaffirmation how much Twilight truly matters and that her purpose will become known in time. Also I just love the line "As the Sun rises, so does the Moon. As Love finds a place in every heart, you are a princess, you'll play you part.".

Other favorite songs would be Generosity (Reprise), Pinkie the Party Planner, Pinkie's Lament, Make a Wish, Find the Music in You and Let the Rainbow Remind You. 

BECAUSE I LOVE TO TORTURE PEOPLE :D;)

Yeah, "You'll Play Your Part" really has a lot of amazing aspects about it, Twilights lamentation, and all the princesses beginning to sing, and then a wonderful chorus of harmonies :D.

I like the chorus, although I think my favorite part is either Twilights part in the beginning, or Cadence's part. Then again, I love a lot of the song, so idk xD.

Bats! Just a perfect, perfect song.

It's a great song I agree :).

• Brohoof 5