Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Music Genres you dislike.

Vox

Newer country music: I just don't care for a lot of it anymore. Part of the reason is when I'm at work early my annoying boss puts the country radio station on, so now whenever I hear country music I think of him. I used to only listen to country as a kid in the mid 90's though.

Awesome, at least you didn't say country in general, finally someone who gets it! ^_^

Awesome, at least you didn't say country in general, finally someone who gets it! ^_^

I appreciate western Artists like Marty Robbins and Johnny Cash, but that's pretty much the limit I have for country.

• Brohoof 2

That leaves... ballads? Asian drama watcher confirmed?

Um, no. Just because I gave a list, doesn't mean I don't like any music. Don't assume things.

I like Alternative, Instrumental, Zen, Hip-Hop, and Pop.

Edited by Royal Samurott
  • Brohoof 1

The #1 thing I absolutely can't stand is metalcore/electronicore. That along with country and noise are the only three genres I generally don't like. I actually love pop and rap music, kinda difficult to find well-made pop though.

, you have to admit ... not many people dislike Jazz or Classical in some form or another. That alone was bound to turn some heads. No judgment, but you would be the first person I met that felt that way ... just surprised is all.

, you have to admit ... not many people dislike Jazz or Classical in some form or another. That alone was bound to turn some heads. No judgment, but you would be the first person I met that felt that way ... just surprised is all.

I don't personally know anyone who likes Jazz or Classical.

It isn't that uncommon for an individual to dislike the 2.

Rap, because it is usually offensive and profane.

Techno or... dang, I think a friend called it digital?  You know, "music" that's pretty much the same four beats over and over again, with maybe one line sung every once in a while.

Spanish/Mariachi.  Even though I lived in Mexico for over a year, I still can't stand this style.  Or at least, I got sick of it after a while.  It all sounds the same, and down South they like to play it so gosh darn LOUD.  One time we were at an embassy party in Mexico City, and there was this Mariachi band there that stuffed a microphone down each of their instruments.  Like INSIDE the freaking tuba.  WHY?  We were all sitting feet away from the actual band, we don't need any amplification!  Anyways....

Screamo.  Because it's screamo.

Darkwave or emo.  Because it's overly dramatic and tries to hard to be sad or scary.

I think that's about it.  I'm pretty picky with music, I guess.

nightcore, incredibly boring.

this fandom also made hate eurobeat, incredibly overrated but it seems everyone and their mother can make an eurobeat song, slap a pony in it and ge 100,000+ views, and for cringeworthy add they sometimes RAP behind an eurobeat, like you couldnt look like more of an idiot doing that.

i would also say dubstep but just like rap or pop i know there is really good stuff out there if you dig deeper.

like why dont we try make this thread more lighthearted and show people examples of songs from the genre that dont suck?.

"oh i dont like indie rock"

"have you tried NMH"?

"now i see not all indie rock is bad"

just saying, i could show a lot of people here better rap.

Edited by twistedmetalero
  • Brohoof 2

nightcore, incredibly boring.

this fandom also made hate eurobeat, incredibly overrated but it seems everyone and their mother can make an eurobeat song, slap a pony in it and ge 100,000+ views, and for cringeworthy add they sometimes RAP behind an eurobeat, like you couldnt look like more of an idiot doing that.

i would also say dubstep but just like rap or pop i know there is really good stuff out there if you dig deeper.

like why dont we try make this thread more lighthearted and show people examples of songs from the genre that dont suck?.

"oh i dont like indie rock"

"have you tried NMH"?

"now i see not all indie rock is bad"

just saying, i could show a lot of people here better rap.

You're being a contradictory hipster if you don't like indie rock.

You're being a contradictory hipster if you don't like indie rock.

somehow that has anything to do with my point because....

and that somehow has anything to do with my point because....

You mentioned some people don't like Indie Rock, so it somewhat pretains to what you're last post encompassed.

You mentioned some people don't like Indie Rock, so it somewhat pretains to what you're last post encompassed.

i was giving an example from the top of my head, i dont really know anyone who dislikes indie rock, most people either dont know about indie rock or love a certain subgenre of it.

i was giving an example from the top of my head, i dont really know anyone who dislikes indie rock, most people either dont know about indie rock or love a certain subgenre of it.

I wasn't saying you didn't like it, i was just making a statement.

Modern music....country sounds like pop, Rap is crap, Pop is extreme crap, Contemporary is pop, Rock is Pop/rap, Christian is getting repetitively old (though there are a few nice creative songs here and there)....

I mean seriously, what is most mainstream music about; sex, drugs, relationships (mainly bad), drinking, and vehicles....Modern music either makes you unhappy because your life is not perfect, or happy because your life is better than whatever is being sung about....no sense of community and growth that traditional folk music has done for millennia...

honestly I just dislike the whole genre of pop no matter who sings it

its not how much who sings it as much as how good the production behind it is.

Rap, because it is usually offensive and profane.

img-3064497-1-kanye-west-the-college-dro

(college dropout)

try this album then, it has swears but thats as far as it goes in offensiveness, the subjects matter are more about community growth, family, and escaping a shallow life. 

• Brohoof 1