Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Music Genres you dislike.

Vox

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey
  • Brohoof 1

Why does everyone hate rap on here? Like, come on!

There's got to be more of a reason than just "they all just rap about money" or "they talk too fast and monotone".

Like, is there a legit reason?

people that tend to hate rap in such a eated passion and not putting much arguments tend to be casual listeners, they probably hear the radio or what other people say.

because of this they are bound to only get to listen to soulja boy, chief keef, waka flocka, rick ross or french montana, and then judge the ENTIRE GENRE based on those artist.

kind of like how people say kanye is talentless because the media paints him like a complete asshole, instead of listening to him to jduge themselves.

its pretty much if you tried to judge rock because you listened to nickleback or metal because of slipknot.

- Rap music

- Country music

like seriously was is so ear raping about these 2?

Edited by twistedmetalero

Most of *todays rap* not saying I don't dislike rap because I don't but I am picky with my rap very picky actually. I like the Transplants, Beastie Boys, I have respect for 2 pac, and Run Dmc. 

Mostly any of todays "country music" The country I do like would be artists such as: Johnny Cash, George Jones, Bob Dylan, and older country. Johnny Cash is the king though in my opinion. 

Any "teeny bopper pop music" you all know exactly what I am talking about. 

Dubstep... idk where in the world this came out of but I am no fan at all. 

I used to like dubstep, now I don't. Some dubstep is ok to listen to, but most is garbage.

I don't like country, I just find it all very unoriginal and unappealing.

I don't like any kind of metal, it's so unoriginal and hard to hear and I don't even consider it music. Rock is awesome on its own, though.

I despise rap, it sounds so "gangsta" and "ow the edge". I want to listen to some real music, please.

While I like most classic songs, i'm not going to degrade modern music. Some modern music is actually pretty good. Some... not so much. I have heard some crappy classic songs, but it's been such a long time that only the good classics are remembered and the crappy ones are for the ashes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Modern hip-op, Rap, and pop music. I also hate Grindcore (or whatever you metal fans call them), I don't see the entertainment of listening to someone screeching and growling into the microphone. And most country songs as well.

Edited by A goat

Rap. I always end up hearing the profanity filled songs. Best friend just loves them, and I can't stand it. Also a lot of prog rock and drone, I can listen to it for a little while but... it gets old pretty quick. 

Way too many people here hate death metal and rap tbh ._.

OT: I can't stand metalcore, electronicore, screamo, or anything along those lines.

I dislike the majority of country music out there as well.

Edited by Winnie Portley-Rind
  • Brohoof 1

There are certain bands/artists I don't really care for, but I don't hate any genres. I don't even really understand how you would go about hating an entire genre.

Edited by AyoMistadurrk

I listen to most genres, but I can't stand modern country or pop. I also dislike religious music because, well, I'm not religious.

Modern "Country music" usually involves taking older, good forms of music, combining them with mainstream pop music, and making them shitty.

Related video

But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Omega Centauri

I'm with a lot of ponies here I really don't like rap unless it's like a comical free style, as for something else that I really hate is country and country rock. *shudders* they sing about the dumbest shit.

Way too many people here hate death metal and rap tbh ._.

OT: I can't stand metalcore, electronicore, screamo, or anything along those lines.

I dislike the majority of country music out there as well.

People tend to associate death metal with screamo, metalcore, and other less talented genres without knowing the difference. It's kind of irritating.

Well there's that and the fact that alot of people can't handle anything more aggressive than Metallica.

• Brohoof 1

*Eyes bleed from all the rap hate*

I'm not really a huge country, pop, or electronic fan, but there a few songs from each genre that I like good enough. I don't really "hate" any genres though because I feel like they all contributed something good to the table, just as much as every music genre has brought absolute crap to the table.

• Brohoof 3