Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could you be a slave/pet?

swordsman

yeah, black people don't have to worry about getting killed or police harassment/  brutality.  I guess all the black people have feel this way in ferguson and other places that rised there freedom and lives to protest must be wroung then.

By that logic, white people should be afraid in New York because of the higher chance of a black person being a mugger

I am a samurai of the school of Miyamoto Musashi. He ran from his 1st losting battle and he way was "run away and live to fight again".

You are aware the samurai are supposed to kill themselves when they lose, right? If they don't, they aren't samurai, they're warrior. Nothing wrong with being a warrior though

I am not a bad ass. people that call themself and think of them self like that are people that most time prey on the weak and have never met a real warrior. I am a Aonisaibushi to Chukanbushi but becuase i don't train under a master i am a rōnin

That's not what a ronin is. A ronin had a master at one point but was dishonored/kicked out. Most ronin would kill themselves.  

No. Absolutely not.

Humans are not meant to be slaves. Who was it that said, "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"?

However, if we were pets to good, loving ponies, and we were still allowed to be ourselves, they payed for our food, and they didn't force any weird "Act like a dog, because that's apparently the only pet animal writers know about" crap upon us, then... maybe.

• Brohoof 2

Probably not to aliens, no. I doubt they'd have the same kind of thing in mind when making me a pet/slave. But I am a total sub and would love to be someone's pet and/or slave ;)

Heck no. Slavery is right out and being a pet... Have you ever actually looked at pet food? Bird food is alright, it's mostly nuts and maybe some crunchy bits, but dog and cat food looks gross. There would probably be "human food" that makes our coat look shiny (and at a cheaper price than real food.)

The life of a pet would be awful for me as well because I like being in control of my life. I like being able to wake up in the morning and make decisions on my daily activities. (lately it's pretty much been all college work though)

swordsman, on 16 Sept 2014 - 11:20 AM, said: I am a samurai of the school of Miyamoto Musashi. He ran from his 1st losting battle and he way was "run away and live to fight again". You are aware the samurai are supposed to kill themselves when they lose, right? If they don't, they aren't samurai, they're warrior. Nothing wrong with being a warrior though

they were many kinds of samurai at diffent times in japans history. At one time samurai were paid in food and land because most people could not pay them in gold.    Musashi, as he was often simply known, became renowned through stories of his excellent swordsmanship in numerous duels, even from a very young age. He was the founder of the Niten-ryū style of swordsmanship and the author of The Book of Five Rings,  a book on strategy, tactics, and philosophy that is still studied today.

he was also a  rōnin.  Also what we are supposed to do vs. what we do and what happen are driffent things. If Miyamoto Musashi did what he was supposed to after loseing his 1st battle when he was a young samurai we would not have all the great things he gave us like  the Musashi Swords. I have the Musashi - Practical Daimyo Samurai Sword which is a copy of the sword Musashi Miyamoto carry himself.  Remeber there is one real rule in war and combat, it to SURVIVE!! everything else is just you can live with.  hornor will not put food in you  but useing your skills to get feed will.

they were many kinds of samurai at diffent times in japans history. At one time samurai were paid in food and land because most people could not pay them in gold

And yet, the whole bushido thing was still there

Also what we are supposed to do vs. what we do and what happen are driffent things. If Miyamoto Musashi did what he was supposed to after loseing his 1st battle when he was a young samurai we would not have all the great things he gave us like  the Musashi Swords. I have the Musashi - Practical Daimyo Samurai Sword which is a copy of the sword Musashi Miyamoto carry himself.  Remeber there is one real rule in war and combat, it to SURVIVE!! everything else is just you can live with.  hornor will not put food in you  but useing your skills to get feed will.

No duh, it was why the whole samurai culture flopped on its face and no one in their right mind is stupid enough to prattle on about honor in a war. Samurai were a mere construct of the past and are hardly relevant now, about as relevant as Spartan hoplites are. 

Also, why did you claim you were a zebra?

VIVE LA RESISTANCE!

Edit:

ACTUALLY NO I CHANGE MY ANSWER

I'd like to be Celestia's pet because benefits. Not a slave, because I'd rather not, but I don't think I'd mind being the pet of the pony who governs the sun. Get to do whatever I want and the most I've gotta do it just keep the girl company. I can do that.

Edited by Pokekid543

No duh, it was why the whole samurai culture flopped on its face and no one in their right mind is stupid enough to prattle on about honor in a war. Samurai were a mere construct of the past and are hardly relevant now, about as relevant as Spartan hoplites are. Also, why did you claim you were a zebra?

really :ph34r:  how many moives , games, tv shows, swords and other things have been made about Samurai and there swords. Many people would think that Samurai were not a  mere construct of the past.  Out of all the warriors of the past the Samurai are still talked about and remeber.  What people belived about them , just look at Saigō Takamori. there is a  bronze statue of Saigō in hunting attire with his dog stands in Ueno Park, Tokyo. People in japan remeber him for what he stood for not for what happen.  In the US think of the moive   The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

Zebras in equestria  are minority. Zebras come from African (read the My Little Pony: The Journal of the Two Sisters: The Official Chronicles of Princesses Celestia and Luna. Luna talks about the land and how they live) and some poines fear them. do the math :P  black people in the US are minority and were inported here from African and people fear us.

really   how many moives , games, tv shows, swords and other things have been made about Samurai and there swords

Plenty of movies have been made about Nazis, just because you remember someone doesn't mean they're relevant

black people in the US are minority and were inported here from African and people fear us

Imported from Africa? That hasn't happened for a hundred years, if not more. And quite honestly, if you want to talk about fear, it's blacks that hate blacks the most, because as per crime statistics, black on black crime is the highest crime in the U.S.

But that would be a dumb comparison, because making wide generalizations is idiotic.