Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [Searching] OOC After the Last Day (Human Space RP)

Torrent505

After the Last Day (A Human Space RP)

RP Thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/109534-after-the-last-day-space-adventure-human-rp/

Rules:

• All forum rules

• No Godmodding

• No OP characters

• Post minimum of once per day

• Violence and Romance is all part of the story. So go ahead.

• This is supposed to be a rather campy RP so have fun and enjoy yourself. No choice is a wrong choice. (But it might kill you)

Plot:

It came too quick for us to stop it, a comet large enough to kill Earth and we were powerless before it. The governments tried and failed; we were forced to watch as it grew larger, visible to the naked eye, moving at an incredible speed but to us who were so small by comparison it was slow and terrifyingly beautiful. The Earth died covered in riots, murders, suicides, love making, child comforting, prayer, screams, silent acceptance, hate and even peace. All of humanity displayed in shocking clarity its best and worst aspects.

Someone out there must have seen something worth saving because humanity didn't die with its planet. A ship came in the last hour of life on Earth, a massive ship that worked quickly to pluck at what our home had to offer. At a blinding pace it summoned humans at what seemed to be random happenstance to its labyrinthine insides and when the Earth was finally burning in molten slag it moved on.

You are one of the survivors plucked from wherever you had been in the final moments; suddenly now you stand in the empty alien halls of this strange inhuman and automated craft. Earth has seen its last day, you and others have outlived it, the galaxy and so many unanswered questions remain after Earth has faded to nothing but a pin of light. What comes next for you?

This is going to be a sci-fi RP with a focus on character growth and a flexible story line. I'd prefer that characters be mostly average people, as an example my main character is going to be as closely based on myself as I can manage with the one exception that he has completed training as a paramedic and as a result has a basic medical background.

Characters in the RP are going to grow and change based on their actions, personality and random luck (some things will depend on a roll of the dice). There will be a lot of possibilities and chances for your characters to advance.

To apply fill out a character sheet.

Character sheet: (my character as a sample)

Name: Eric Herrmann

Profession: Paramedic

Description: Caucasian, blues eyes, brown hair, average build, wears glasses.

Personality: Rather nerdy, a bit focused on himself and sometimes oblivious but he has a good heart.

Bio: Eric had some trouble in college figuring himself out and worrying about his future. He found fulfillment in working as paramedic loving the opportunity to help people. His greatest regret is he never got to say goodbye to his family.

Last moment on Earth: In an ambulance trying to deal with the abundance of people injured during the riots of that final day.

Equipment: first aid medical kit and medical emergency field kit.

As for the alien species; humanity apparently has some latent psychic abilities and many of the things and creatures we've dreamed up over the millennia are actual representations of alien races. So don't be surprised if there are things you recognize from other stories but they aren't exactly the same.

Edited by Torrent505

Name: Tanya Locke

Profession: Engineer

Desc: Slender woman with sharp asian features. She has blue eyes and favors dark make ups. Her normalwear is sleek cybergoth and black dreadlocks tipped with green.

Personality: She seems cold and withdrawn but only because she despises small talk. Tanya can be cocky and cranky but at times roughly playful.

Bio: Nothing remarkable. She grew up falling in love with technology and decided she would base her career on it. She wanted to help develop technology to better the Earth and help with terraforming. But it was too late. Currently; she had been attending university with a internship at a local development lab, while holding a part-time job as a barista.

Last moment: Sitting on a cliff overlooking her dying city.

Equipment: A satchel of standard tools, scrwwdriver, hammer, nails, etc. Goggles and gloves that she uses for welding.

I have a picture somewhere

• Brohoof 1

Name: Tanya Locke

Profession: Engineer

Desc: Slender woman with sharp asian features. She has blue eyes and favors dark make ups. Her normalwear is sleek cybergoth and black dreadlocks tipped with green.

Personality: She seems cold and withdrawn but only because she despises small talk. Tanya can be cocky and cranky but at times roughly playful.

Bio: Nothing remarkable. She grew up falling in love with technology and decided she would base her career on it. She wanted to help develop technology to better the Earth and help with terraforming. But it was too late. Currently; she had been attending university with a internship at a local development lab, while holding a part-time job as a barista.

Last moment: Sitting on a cliff overlooking her dying city.

Equipment: A satchel of standard tools, scrwwdriver, hammer, nails, etc. Goggles and gloves that she uses for welding.

I have a picture somewhere

Accepted! Congrats on being first Squirlz ;)

<p>Here we go, my character sheet's done.</p>

<p> </p>

<p><b>Name:</b> Guiseppe Feldirnaro</p>

<p><b>Age:</b> 20<br />

<b>Profession:</b> Farmer<br />

<b>Description:</b> Olive skin, blue-green eyes, dark brown hair, fairly tall but slouches to cover it up, wears a cap that says I.O.U. and he's fairly muscular as well thanks to all the farmwork he's done since he was ten.<br />

<b>Personality:</b> He loves interacting with new people but doesn't speak much English. He's always bright and chirpy but can be extremely serious as well when he needs to be. Whenever he gets in an unfamiliar place, he gets extremely paranoid and may overreact to anything and everything.<br />

<b>Bio:</b> Born in Sicily, Guiseppe always loved farming and learning new skills. He was raised on a farm and had never gone to school so he didn't know much other than basic mathematics and the Italian equivalent of English.<br />

<b>Last moment on Earth:</b> Tilling the fields until he looekd up to see a massive asteroid about to crash into the Earth. He tried saving his family from their burning farmhouse but he couldn't get there in time.<br />

<b>Equipment:</b> A shovel, an axe (<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13.3333339691162px;">which he always keeps on him) </span><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(40,40,40);">and an English dictionary which his father gave him.</span></p>

Edited by Dji

Name: Jackson "Atlas" Boyd
Profession: Archaeologist

Description: Caucasian. Average height. Average weight. Slightly larger build than most. Green eyes. Has a large scar on lower left leg that causes pain to him.

Personality: Open but slow to trust. Highly paranoid of new people during there first meeting but lets up soon after. He holds trust at a high level. Should it be broken he will be highly enraged and holds a grudge. Should something make him angry he acts out of impulse and makes rash decision frequently. Willing to die for those he deems worthy of his trust and friendship.

Bio: Grew up in a military family taking him around the US and abroad. Despite protest from his father and mother signed up for the US Army. He served for the minimum two year before pulling out to go to college. After he finished college he went off on his current profession. On his travels he was forcible engulfed by multiple cultures. Can speak fluent Spanish and very broken Japanese. While his "profession" is not as stable as most it makes due. 

Last moment on Earth: Arguing with the US Ambassador in Germany demanding transport back to the US waving a passport in the ambassador's face.

Equipment: US Passport, journal, pen, and pocket knife.

Name: Daniel O'Reilly

Profession: Unemployed
Description: Pale, average height, somewhat overweight, generally unspectacular in appearance. He does, however, take pride in his thick reddish hair and green eyes.
Personality: Somewhat erratically shifts between quiet and outgoing, trying to lean towards the latter but hampered by his innate shyness. Sometimes tries to be witty and likes to think he can be pretty good at it. Generally wants to help people and considers protecting those close to him to be more important than just about anything. He's also something of a hopeless romantic, prone to falling in love too easily for his own good. Exceptionally intelligent and possessed of a good memory for strange facts and small details that most people tend to forget about or ignore entirely. By his own admission, incredibly nerdy.

Bio: For his whole life, Daniel has struggled to figure out exactly where he fits in and struggling to overcome the rift between the person he wants to be and the way he is now. Standard young adult stuff, but more of an issue for him than most, at least he seems to think so. His performance in school was always a mixed bag, and eventually postponed higher education to try and figure out what he really wants to do with his life. Spends a lot of his time on the internet, essentially playing therapist for people- a role he acknowledges as both a gift and a burden.
Last moment on Earth: Looking up at the sky and lamenting his own powerlessness. For all his desire to help and protect, he could do nothing but watch as all of humanity met it's end. 
Equipment: Not much of any real use. A wallet with a few dollars and an ID that means nothing to aliens, a cell phone that no longer has a service provider- not that there's anyone he could call anyway, and a laptop which he still carries around in it's original box in the hopes that this will somehow protect it while travelling.

@@Dji,  @@Alex Kennedy,  @@Firehearted,

You guys are all approved, Firehearted careful with the military background try not to be too much of a crack shot or super soldier (I don't think that will be a problem with only a two year service)  

I'm going to probably open up the actual RP tonight, accepting new players will remain open for maybe up to five more players, I haven't decided on the cap.  People will wake up in different parts of the giant ship, though we will be starting relatively close to one another.  Others to join will simply wake up a little later than others.

Also for everybody right now, @@RunsWithSquirlz, I need you all to pick high or low and odd or even.  Just a little pregame randomness I'm doing.

@@RunsWithSquirlz

That first part was perfect.  I'll give my own too, I'm going odd and low.

The Ship 

In our language the Ship is named Reprieve.  It is actually a massive collection of huge alien ships joined together, this means that inside the ship there are all different types of environments and styles.

@@Dji yes for your character it was pretty good, it's just fluff stuff and it may or may not end up in the RP. The ship picked up a bit less than 10% of the population, (700 million people, almost all went to stasis. Our characters are lucky exceptions, still that should give you an idea of how massive this ship is) your choice got factored by my rolls and two people you'd consider someone you know got picked up as well, and they were someone close to you (family member, intimate relationship, best friend) and a casual friend.

@@RunsWithSquirlz you rolled only one person you knew ending up on the ship and they were a causal friend.

I rolled two people, a causal friend and some one I dislike.

@@Dji

Two people Guiseppe knows got picked by the ship, one is very close to him and the other a friend/acquaintance. This means nothing (except for fluff) right now, later it might. You can create them if you want, mostly I thought it might be nice that the OC's had some remnants of their old life survive too.

@@RunsWithSquirlz

That's still up in the air right now, most likely they will be in stasis but they might not be. That's one of the random things that could happen to your characters.

Edited by Torrent505
  • Brohoof 2

So I can't think of a charecter so can I cheat and just use myself? I'll still give a charecter sheet but I want to know if I can do this.

Of course! I actually encourage cheating and using yourself, that's what I'm doing (with a few changes) :P but yeah you'll still need a character sheet

Name: Dylan Rutherford

Profession: Ex-restaurant worker
Desc: Dark brown hair, light brown eyes, glasses, A white long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves black, dark blue jeans that are ripped at the bottom, black shoes with white bottoms and a red Britain flag on the back.
Personality: He's easy going and laid back, naive, cheerful, has a high tolerance for things and always uses himself as the butt of a joke.

Bio: Nothing special, born in California in 1996, moved around most of his childhood and now lives in Texas where he prepares to head off to the navy.
Last moment: Spending it with his 7 year old sister.
Equipment: Glasses, his phone, a wallet that has 20 bucks, his credit card, and ID.

• Brohoof 1