Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So... Bronies or show first?

Cirrus.

Bronies or show (G4) first?  

61 users have voted

1. 1. So did you find out about Bronies before or after you watched/knew of the show?

• BEFORE I knew about/watched the show
    • AFTER I knew about/watched the show
    • I don't remember
  2. 2. If you knew of the show first what was your first impression of Bronies?

• Odd
    • I was against them... because reasons...
    • Suprised- but not negative... What's going on here and WHY?!?!?
    • I didn't care OR didn't really have an opinion
    • N/A- I knew of Bronies first
  3. 3. If you knew of Bronies BEFORE the show itself what was your first impression of them?

• Odd
    • I was against them... because reasons...
    • Suprised- but not negative... What's going on here and WHY?!?!?
    • N/A- I knew of the show BEFORE Bronies
  4. 4. How did your opinion change if you were against or found Bronies odd at first?

• I was "assimilated into the fun squad" quickly AFTER seeing some of the show
    • It took me a while to "get it"
    • N/A- I never had an issue with the idea of Bronies
  5. 5. If you hadn't FIRST seen the show before finding out about Bronies..

• You would have been more judgemental/skeptical of them
    • It wouldn't have affected your opinion
    • N/A-- I knew of them before I watched an episode.

back in the summer of 2011 I saw people with my little pony avatars on a forum, thought it was odd but didn't knock it because I actually thought they were funny. (cross-eyed ponies, RD doing the sonic rainboom, crazy fluttershy, etc.) I thought it was like, for fun, and kind of "sarcasically/ironically"

I didn't watch the show til a while later, though (like a week or so maybe). I remember seeing it while flipping through channels back then, but I decided not to watch it. (and later read cupcakes and watched party of one and then the rest is history)

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

Well it's kinda funny story for me.

Sometime 2010 I saw something else I liked Ponyfied, and I was like "No, No, I do NOT want to see this! It's weird!"
I didn't know it was a television show, I just knew that there were people who liked ponies, and I thought they were some of the worst people.

After 2011 rolled around, I haven't seen anything Pony related until 2014. Which, by that point, I had completely forgotten about MLP and the bronies. But I found out MLP FiM was a TV show in 2014, But when I heard that Lauren Faust, who worked on my favorite childhood shows like the Powerpuff Girls and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, I opened up more to the idea of MLP and Bronies.

Eventually, I watched it myself JUST because of Lauren Faust, and well, here I am. Somewhere I'd never thought I'd be.

/)

Edited by Shadowking58

So did you find out about the show because of the Brony tsunami on the internet?

I found out about it in My Pants* back in late 2010. So online by Bronies ... but before the biggest explosion. Still took me years to be a fan though - all thanks to two Bronies I technical and figuratively had a hand in creating.

*and that is the name of the nergfighteria message board

• Brohoof 1

I wanted to see what all of the hate was about, so I made my own investigation. I realized they aren't that bad, and then I watched the show. I sided with them mostly because I felt bad for them, being bashed all across the internet. (Plus they made a PW/MLP crossover so I love them for that)

• Brohoof 1

Honestly for a long while all I just heard all the crap people talked about bronies and it made me root for them in a strange way. It wasnt enough to join in of course. I go into detail about how I actually got into the fandom on another post.

A few works of the bronies really stood out to me that made me like them more

First was the infamous Cupcakes by Mr Sprinkles himself and the fan related content surrounding it

Then that cover of Kanye Wests Power complete with that epic music video of it panning away from Celestia being a Baws with her subjects

Then there was this Rock/Metal cover of double rainbow in a well edited pmv about Rainbowdash

And a spattering of other things that popped up here and there over the years

It probably was Two Sisters Play and Smile HD that finally tilted my decision to give the show a chance when the moment finally did arrive

Again there is a LOT MORE then that but my overall peering into the fandom prior to joining was really positive and I was impressed with the creativity, and the haters only made me like em more.

Right now though my favorite brony vlogger would have to be Dr Wolf and Drowning In Horseshoes.

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

This is a difficult thing for me to vote on, due to how I first found out about it all.

I was in a chatroom, talking with friends. The topic came up(way back when FiM hadn't even finished it's first season). My friends mentioned the show - they'd only just gotten into it themselves - and then told me of it's following. I asked for a link to the first episodes, and then pretty much got hooked on it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know how many times I have stated this in a thread on here... but okay I will say it again. 

When i found out about the show in July 2012 it was because me and a friend were hanging out at the mall killing some time before going to a concert. We were inside a store called (FYE) and I randomly saw a shirt with a rainbow colored pony on it beneath the picture had the word BRONY on it... 

At the time I was *completely oblivious* that the show was even around or let alone what a brony was. I was basically under the radar during the time. Well my friend laughed and said you really don't want to know what a "brony" is... so I was like so you know what it is? He then gave me a brief explanation on what bronies were and I was further creeped out immensely. I mean how can guys teens to adults like the show My Little Pony a show intended for girls... that is weird as hell man. That was my initial response and yeah I was laughing pretty damn hard myself. 

Well to further on the story later that night after the concert I was bored *very bored* so I thought to myself there has to be some really odd reason why guys suddenly started liking my little pony a show made for little girls. I thought this was one of the creepiest things I had ever heard at the time and it really was to be honest. I looked up what bronies were for the lulz and was laughing so hard from what I looked up online. So fuel my boredom I said to myself ah what the hell I am going to watch a episode to laugh at all this nonsense. 

I remember when I started the episode I kept asking myself *Tommy why are you watching this your such an idiot* but my boredom got the better of me and I needed something to make fun of. I remember dreading the theme song the most  :lol:  :blink: .

So after watching the first episode....  :okiedokielokie:  idk what happened  :maud:  :nom:  but I was shocked at myself for actually enjoying watching it?!?! WTF  :blink:  :lol:

Really what took me by surprise the most was how greatly made the cartoon was. The characters had great growth and were a pleasure to watch. The show genuinely reminded me of all the awesome shows cartoon network used to have and I mean from the late 90s and early 00s. And that would be the reason why I ended up stumbling across this site and staying here up until now  ^_^  :P

God that was a long response... I never write long responses o.O

• Brohoof 2

I heard about them when I first watched the Death Battle episode of RD vs. Starscream. I didn't have much of an opinion on them until maybe late 2013 when I decided to research them and learn more. I then watched the show for the first time this past February and eventually began to like the show more and more, and my opinion of the fandom became more cogent. :)

I also knew about MLP for a while, but didn't care much about it.

• Brohoof 1

A brony got me to try the show in 2011. At that time, I didn't know he was a "brony" as I hadn't heard the term before. All I knew was this guy happened to be a My Little Pony fan. I wouldn't even hear the term and apply it to myself for another month or two.

When that guy introduced me to the show, he was the only brony I knew. Many others got into it when I did thanks to him, and that's when I became aware of the fandom surrounding it, and at that time only beginning to form and grow.

• Brohoof 1

I found out about bronies when someone I met on World of Warcraft mentioned ponies, and I immediately decided to find out what all the noise was about, and become hooked after the first episode. The guy was... a bad example of a brony however, heh. He was a total antisemite with a lot of hatred for others in general, but, he showed me an awesome show that eventually lead me to this fun community, so I am grateful for that I suppose.

I was a pegasister of G2 or G3 for about 2 years. I didn't know there was a name for MLP fans back then. Then, after a long while, I discovered MLP ; FiM, and around the same time I discovered bronies/pegasisters.

So, I discovered the show first. :P

Edited by -Flutterbat-

Heh, I found the show in the winter of 2013/2014 - and... how exactly?

Funny story... my friend [who is now my roommate] used to say "ponies" randomly in skype.  Ironically, it was just his was of making a random interjection that meant "hey" - see, he's not even a brony!  BUUUT... I was like... "wait, why you keep saying 'ponies' - isn't there like some tv show or something?" - he's all like "lol, no... I don't watch that.  It's just an interjection I use to say hi."  But, I then proceeded to let my curiosity run wild... I looked up the show despite him not even being a fan.  

And, after watching the pilot episodes, I was hooked.

• 10 months later...

I knew about FiM a very short while before I knew about bronies, and honestly, I didn't feel negative about either of them... the fact a show originally intended for little girls was interesting me didn't worry me, nor did the realisation that there was a whole grown fandom around the show. I'm not sure if it'd have been any different if I discovered the fandom first, but I'd probably be a tiny bit confused about bronies, I imagine. ^_^

• 5 years later...